V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

throttled body help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10/29/12, 07:06 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
throttled body help!!!!

So I just came up on a 70mm throttle body for my v6 and as I was installing it I over compressed the spring and went all bad. So my problem is I need to find a new spring and nut or what ever that plastic thing is. I went to dealers and they only sell the whole throttle body ,went to parts stores and same deal pick and pull for about 2 months and same deal. Does anyone know where I can get the parts at or does anyone have some they don't mind selling. Really need these parts cars just in the garage. I mickey mouses the original spring to give it some give but I'm affriad it might go.
Attached Thumbnails throttled body help!!!!-photoart_10292012175803.jpg  
Old 11/22/12, 01:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i ran the bbk for a while, but with my auto had issues with the idle not dropping fast enough and causing a cruise control effect. some recommended giving the spring a extra turn, HUGE mistake. bbk couldnt figure out the issue either. it jammed up on me one day and i have to leave the car stranded on the road. put the oem back on. you cant buy just those parts is correct. did you actually break the spring or the plastic part? i cant remember but it seems it only takes one turn loading the spring.
Old 4/17/13, 01:09 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by amustangrocks
i ran the bbk for a while, but with my auto had issues with the idle not dropping fast enough and causing a cruise control effect. some recommended giving the spring a extra turn, HUGE mistake. bbk couldnt figure out the issue either. it jammed up on me one day and i have to leave the car stranded on the road. put the oem back on. you cant buy just those parts is correct. did you actually break the spring or the plastic part? i cant remember but it seems it only takes one turn loading the spring.
I broke the spring and kind of thrashed the plastic part but it still works
Old 4/17/13, 07:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Stallion408

I broke the spring and kind of thrashed the plastic part but it still works
Go to a junk yard you can probably pick the part for like 5 bucks off a wrecked mustang.
Old 4/21/13, 04:22 AM
V6 Member

I actually have an extra throttle body lying around somewhere. At least I think do. Cleaned out the garage not long ago so I'd have to find it. There is a chance it was thrown out lol...