V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Help! Installing boost gauge, ran into problem!

Search this Thread

Old 3/12/06, 04:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm running out of ideas here.

I decided to install my boost gauge in the middle of the two center vents. I mounted the gauge no problem, and moved onto the wiring.

I located a wire going to the TCS/Hazard/Pass Air Bag cluster which was 12+ hot with the ignition switch on. I cut that wire, spliced in a new one for the gauge, wire nutted, and taped it.

Next, I did the same for the 12- going to the cigarette lighter. Before I hooked up the gauge, I turned the ignition switch on to check the wires. Nothing. The 12v I previously had was gone.

On top of that, I'm missing the four "dings" you get when you first turn the ignition on. Now, if I close the door, stick in the key, and turn the car on (w/o starting it), I get no sound. The interior lights come on and such, everything "seems" to work, I just don't have the dings and don't have 12v on that wire anymore.

I checked all the fuses and all were fine.

Any ideas????
Old 3/12/06, 05:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Problem found. Bad fuse.

I don't know how I missed it the first time...
Old 3/12/06, 05:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Flapjack @ March 12, 2006, 7:17 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Problem found. Bad fuse.

I don't know how I missed it the first time...
[/b][/quote]

I'm not surprised man, I went through 3 on this car already and a relay.
Old 5/28/13, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by flapjack
I'm running out of ideas here.

I decided to install my boost gauge in the middle of the two center vents. I mounted the gauge no problem, and moved onto the wiring.

I located a wire going to the TCS/Hazard/Pass Air Bag cluster which was 12+ hot with the ignition switch on. I cut that wire, spliced in a new one for the gauge, wire nutted, and taped it.

Next, I did the same for the 12- going to the cigarette lighter. Before I hooked up the gauge, I turned the ignition switch on to check the wires. Nothing. The 12v I previously had was gone.

On top of that, I'm missing the four "dings" you get when you first turn the ignition on. Now, if I close the door, stick in the key, and turn the car on (w/o starting it), I get no sound. The interior lights come on and such, everything "seems" to work, I just don't have the dings and don't have 12v on that wire anymore.

I checked all the fuses and all were fine.

Any ideas????
flapjack, I have a 2007 S-197, & am installing the boost gage in the same location. wondering where you ran your line from the vac/boost source to the gage ?