V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Taking Zex to the next level on a V6

Search this Thread

Old 2/27/06, 07:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
@TJ,

Thanks man, just brainstorming. Thinking long term you know. Actually we know Jimp/BlackLX is comming up fast. He was actually the first amoung us to go zex. And now hes ripping off some good times.

I'm just greedy, and I want to up the shot!!! LOL. And I havent made any passes yet.

You are right, I should spend time getting used to this setup before starting on something else.

@Scrming,

Carry the V6 torch man!!!! Make us proud in your yellow stang with yellow shoes.
Old 2/27/06, 07:18 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fazm @ February 27, 2006, 9:15 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
hey cool, my name is FRAM lol. reminds me of the NAPA commercial wit the orange county chopper ppl "napa stands for reliability.... i wish my name was napa"

And Scrming, ill just have to get mine setup for march 10th (if i get my xcal2 in time) and ill challenge your n/a time lol
[/b][/quote]

Bring it!!! LOL
Old 2/27/06, 07:19 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fazm @ February 27, 2006, 9:21 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Ill be changing classes soon enough lol.
[/b][/quote]

Keep an eye on this guy!!!!! He's used to driving cobra's.....no way hes going NA on his six for long.
Old 2/27/06, 07:29 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ February 27, 2006, 9:21 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

@Scrming,

Carry the V6 torch man!!!! Make us proud in your yellow stang with yellow shoes.
[/b][/quote]

Dang it!!!! Apparently Rygen's spys have found out about my super secret weapon... My shoes!!!

Old 2/27/06, 07:30 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scrming @ February 27, 2006, 9:32 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Dang it!!!! Apparently Rygen's spys have found out about my super secret weapon... My shoes!!!

[/b][/quote]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]

Those are good for 2/10's. LOL.
Old 2/28/06, 07:39 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJ06 @ February 27, 2006, 9:11 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Ok Rygn you have set that car up nice and juice is already flowing through it’s veins and reading enough of your quotes you sure seem to really want to just stay Nitrous (no street temptation etc) this summer. You’re car is already setup and your like Scrming you guys take it slow and don’t rush and inch your way up there. Your going to be in the 12’s on the cheap already and you have a friend in Scrming and vice versa and you guys will push each other for sure for more HP/TQ and best ET. When I think of the best Nitrous (Scrming ET’ & soon your ET) massive TQ on the net forum I think of Scrming first and then you per dyno (rivalry for sure) OH but look there is someone in the rearview mirror coming pretty fast and not to be taking lightly it’s JIMP!!!!. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] Let’s see how far the nitrous gang can go and compete with the others if not hold the best ET.
Then of course Mr. MSP and his Conrad’s in arms looks to be poss. Flap and Belial for the S/C gang another up and coming fast crowd.

Then when I think of the two fastest NA only it looks to be PR 4.6 and Fazm very impressive times & drivers (MT) for their mods!! I look forward to see more from these two NA.
I would just go Nitrous if I was you Rygn you seem to me to want to go that route and with Scrming this year (R&D) up the shots slowly on the stock motors if you plan to rebuild see how far you can push them then decide should something wrong rebuild if not then next year try another route. But hey if you want to build now and go another route it sure will be great to watch.
But explore it in this thread I am sure other people will offer good suggestions and advice on your questions per post to help you decide and poss. others to decide.
[/b][/quote]

LOL! What a great synopsis of our V6 living soap opera [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 2/28/06, 09:50 PM
Cobra R Member

I need red shoes, maybe thatll help my time too lol
Old 3/1/06, 08:44 PM
GT Member

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] scrming can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]
Old 3/6/06, 12:17 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> Rygn
There have been times I thought of trading in the 6 in the past, but now I am addicted to the challenge of making a performance 6[/b][/quote]

Tell me about it I have a quote still good they want $9,200.00 and my car for a 06 GT, IUP, or same deal on a 07I have to give them my car by 3/30/06 I then order the 07 in May or June and it will be built in July. But also what ever the 07 GT goes up they have to add that amount to the $9,200.00. I do not want the 4.6 so 06 is out for me you know how feel about that from previuos post. I have been following the 07 updates closely hoping there would be a 5.4 option by some chance since they are putting it in the Shelby and talk of a Mach 1 with it. Right now the only 07 changes I know are the heated seats, HL mirror, different int types/ options/package and of course the GT/CS option. Show me a 5.4 option and I will show you my order J

But I am liking more the challenge of making a performance 6 like you said!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> Rygn

@TJ,

Thanks man, just brainstorming[/b][/quote]

Rygn been thinking just more brainstorming here if you don’t mind.

Rygn let me throw this by you knowing your looking for the higher Nitrous shots or possible the turbo see if you agree or disagree like to hear your input or anybody else suggestions or comments just jump in.

Lets start out with saying 13’s is nice/decent takes care of some of the riff rap cars will no longer be a threat and 13’s isn’t bad for a 6er respectable.

Now 12’s is really nice very very respectable and on the street even for an V8, will knock off a lot of cars and would be pretty much in the top shelf on the street.

OK here we go 11’s Totally AWESOME!!!! INSANE !!! for a 6er street driven can you believe it and the funny thing about it is possible with this 6er on the cheap. This would be the ultimate street car for me and track car talk about fun factor it would be high whoa.

Running 11’s to low 12’s on a motor than can handle it is what we want of course, I don’t want a 400+ RWHP or even at 9psi car and keep thinking if and how long will the stock bottom end will hold up.

Building an 11 second Stang on the cheap

Let’s brainstorm to run 11’s!with MPH 12psi turbo.

What to do and what avenue to take?

I have searching though E-bay and I have noticed 03 & 04 4.0’s low mileage complete engines running around $1100.00-$1200.00!!! Ok you pick up one of these engines to use for R&D and our go fast race motor for our Stang. You might ask why not use our engine will get to that later.

We take this motor to use as our test motor we need a plan and some more research but a plan on the cheap just for now. Ok first thing is we go with pistons optional poss new rods’ even though I know they are forged but would ask Mikes opinion before replacing. We talking on the cheap for now just for R&D, can go extensive at another rebuild time. We pull the bottom end apart remove main caps pull crank out (send out to freshen up, rods), pistons clean everything up hone (not bore out) out the cylinders install the new bearings, rod’s, pistons and button up the engine. But we may find through Mike maybe pistons is all it will need. In that case then that’s all we will do same rods be a quick easy cheap job. OK cams are an option along with heads but would diff hold off on heads cams maybe also this is R&D for the first year like to see how it holds up with just piston’s if it blows don’t want to loose the head or heads at this time. I am thinking just pistons (poss rods) first time around see how it holds up.

You know I say if Mike is running 11’s on a stock block I say pistons (poss. rods) and that’s it of course after conferring with him.

Ok pulling an engine is nothing popping in another one is just a weekend job or could have if you choose. So we drop the motor in have the MPH turbo @ 12psi installed and you now have a real 400 RWHP motor stronger than MPH stock 4.0. No more hyper pistons to think about no more rings sitting to high on the pistons. No more thinking about 9.7.1 CR.

Now comes the dyno then the track let the fun begin!! If this motor should last great if not and we blow it rebuild try again or if you had you fun and enough put your undamaged original 4.0 back in.

You might ask why not just use our engine! I just don’t want to blow it slight possible major damage. I would like to build and R&D with an engine that didn’t matter to me It really wouldn’t bother me if I blew the R&D engine because I know could just rebuild it or I have the nice original to drop back in at any time if I choose and the car is up and running like nothing ever happened.

Well what do you think???

Pro’s and con’s are welcomed from anybody jump in.

I also have a 5.4 S/C brainstorm ideal with an e-bay engine but the six is looking better cooler and cheaper [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 3/6/06, 05:28 PM
V6 Member

I like the idea of a new cheap engine to mess around with, but my feelings are this: If your going to do an engine swap and have the engine apart, you might as well build it up. With forged rods, pistons, and posibly a crank, the engine could easily handle 12 psi of boost; the block could withstand it. So while it might be a project for somone to toy around with, in the long run, it would be cheaper to build it up from the beginning rather than blow it up and rebuild it again. Just my thoughts though.
Old 3/6/06, 06:37 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(blaster199 @ March 6, 2006, 6:31 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I like the idea of a new cheap engine to mess around with, but my feelings are this: If your going to do an engine swap and have the engine apart, you might as well build it up. With forged rods, pistons, and posibly a crank, the engine could easily handle 12 psi of boost; the block could withstand it. So while it might be a project for somone to toy around with, in the long run, it would be cheaper to build it up from the beginning rather than blow it up and rebuild it again. Just my thoughts though. [/b][/quote]

Blaster is pretty strong from our research its has a good crank forged rods the pistons are the weak link per Mike Powerhouse already running his turbo at 12psi on this very stock block at 400RWHP. It really seems we could get away with just pistons at this point and it would be just something to play with at the same time preserving the original engine. But I agree with what your are saying just want to do it on the cheap which I think is possble and run around 400RWHP@12psi and feel confident in the engine vs stock at 9psi..

We are just brainstorming and my ideal above will probably only look good to me here I think because I want to save the engine that came in the car.

Blaster just throwing this around and see what the verdict is but if anything else comes to mind post your opinion.

P.S
Blaster I really thinks it cool all the people around here I see you offering advice and trying to help
Old 3/6/06, 06:43 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(blaster199 @ March 6, 2006, 7:31 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I like the idea of a new cheap engine to mess around with, but my feelings are this: If your going to do an engine swap and have the engine apart, you might as well build it up. With forged rods, pistons, and posibly a crank, the engine could easily handle 12 psi of boost; the block could withstand it. So while it might be a project for somone to toy around with, in the long run, it would be cheaper to build it up from the beginning rather than blow it up and rebuild it again. Just my thoughts though.

[/b][/quote]

The 4.0 seems to be able to handle 12PSI ok so far. PH has been running at that boost for a while. I'm really impressed(in case I haven't made that clear, lol!) with the PH turbo. I may sell my Zex kit and buy the turbo. PH is running consistant 11s so 12s should be fairly easy. And you wouldn't have to pull the engine or buy anything extra. The V6 turbo was blowing away plenty of Terminator Cobras and other high dollar cars and it was still running an exhaust! It was one of the quietest cars there!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJ06 @ March 6, 2006, 8:40 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Blaster is pretty strong from our research its has a good crank forged rods the pistons are the weak link per Mike running his turbo at 12psi on this very stock block at 400RWHP. It really seems we could get away with just pistons at this point and it would be just something to play with at the same time preserving the original engine. But I agree with what your are saying just want to do it on the cheap..

We are just brainstorming and my ideal above will probably only look good to me here I think because I want to save the engine that came in the car.

Blaster just throwing this around and see what the verdict is but if anything else comes to mind post your opinion.

P.S
Blaster I really thinks it cool all the people around here I see you offering advice and trying to help
[/b][/quote]

Mike doesn't seem to have any problems running the car all over the country at 12PSI.
Old 3/6/06, 06:47 PM
V6 Member

Old 3/7/06, 08:46 PM
V6 Member

Sorry for all the double posting, I dont know what happened to cause it, must be the updates messing with my computer.
Old 3/7/06, 09:00 PM
V6 Member

On the another note, If Mike thinks that the crank and rods will last, in changing just the pistons, you could alway get a lower compression piston. In running the 9.7:1 compression ratio, it limits the amount of boost you could apply. so if we could find some pistons with maybe an 8.5:1 or 9:1 compression, you could safely run 12 psi or more without blowing the top end. Or you could always run the same compression piston but get a thicker head gasket to slightly lower the compression. Just some food for thought.