V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Stalling Problems

Search this Thread

Old 10/10/05, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know there are others out there having stalling problems so I'm reposting a summary of experience I've had that may help others.
I've had a stalling problem with my V6 Premium that I first posted in July. Still haven't resolved it, but have possible way to figure it out. It seems to happen in hot (upper 80's-90's) weather, so I probably won't experience it again until next summer. Others in the forum indicated they had the problem too. I'm posting a summary of the problem and the attempts my dealership made to fix it so others having a similar problem might het their dealer to help fix it and between all of us, we'll eventually figure this out.
PROBLEM:
-Occurs after a highway trip of at least 50 miles at sustained speeds of 60-80.
-I exit higway and come to stop light at end of exit ramp.
-Car idles normally.
-When light changes, I step on gas (normal acceleration; not stomping it), and the car stalls.
-I can start the car right up no problem and it runs flawlessly thereafter.
ANALYSIS:
-Dealer could find no error codes, but Ford sent a data logger they hooked into my car.
-Data logger is Avitek model ADR (www.avtk.com)
-It plugs into PCM outlet under dash (see photo), data logger lays on floor under floor mat (see photo), and a thumb-activated push botton sits on the console (see photo in next post).
-When the stalling event occurs, you push the button for 1-2 seconds and the event that just happened is stored in data logger.
-Once you log 1 or more events, you return to dealer who disconnects and sends unit back to Ford for analysis.
Good Luck.
Old 10/10/05, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is the last photo (data logger thumb switch).