V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Stack Racing Chrome Strut Brace

Search this Thread

Old 7/6/12, 04:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
Stack Racing Chrome Strut Brace

I am only concerned about the clearance issue between the coil pack and the bar. The pressure put on the coil pack is minimal. The plate that goes in the middle was not installed. I may do it later with help from a friend. The screws were too hard to hold in place and get tightened.
One thing, on the instructions it first tells me to remove the firewall clip and tuck wires underneath. I had no clue what that meant.
Name:  001-1.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  43.4 KB

I took it for a drive. The difference is amazing! It doesn't shimmy over bumps and it corners better! Best $152 from American Muscle!
Old 7/7/12, 01:14 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by unnoticedtrails
I am only concerned about the clearance issue between the coil pack and the bar. The pressure put on the coil pack is minimal. The plate that goes in the middle was not installed. I may do it later with help from a friend. The screws were too hard to hold in place and get tightened.
One thing, on the instructions it first tells me to remove the firewall clip and tuck wires underneath. I had no clue what that meant.

I took it for a drive. The difference is amazing! It doesn't shimmy over bumps and it corners better! Best $152 from American Muscle!
unnoticedtrails,

Looks great! I am a huge fan of the strut tower braces, they are such a simple mod to install & benefit the car so much. The instructions basically want you to unplug your wires & tuck them away until you get the bar on, then put them in around the bar. The way you installed it should be just fine though!

Thanks for the feedback & business, We greatly appreciate it!

- Dan
Old 7/7/12, 06:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
unnoticedtrails,

Looks great! I am a huge fan of the strut tower braces, they are such a simple mod to install & benefit the car so much. The instructions basically want you to unplug your wires & tuck them away until you get the bar on, then put them in around the bar. The way you installed it should be just fine though!

Thanks for the feedback & business, We greatly appreciate it!

- Dan
You are welcome Dan. Thank you for the great product. I am less pleased with the packaging though. the box was tore open, packaging tape all over it and the box was completely mangled. Just an FYI.
Old 7/9/12, 04:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You are welcome Dan. Thank you for the great product. I am less pleased with the packaging though. the box was tore open, packaging tape all over it and the box was completely mangled. Just an FYI.
that looks great. i like the chrome. i got the shelby brace from am a couple yrs ago, its the same 4 bolt plate design on the ends and it works fantastik also. the difference in handling was huge. i didnt have any issues with the wires, but it is close to the coil wires. the destroyed packaging is pretty common any more. my last package(not from am) had shocks and struts sticking out on all sides of the box, looked like a pin cuision.

i had these plastic strut covers so i notched them for the pipes and they dressed it up a little
Attached Thumbnails Stack Racing Chrome Strut Brace-under-hood-goodies.jpg  

Last edited by amustangrocks; 7/9/12 at 04:34 PM.
Old 7/10/12, 05:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by amustangrocks
that looks great. i like the chrome. i got the shelby brace from am a couple yrs ago, its the same 4 bolt plate design on the ends and it works fantastik also. the difference in handling was huge. i didnt have any issues with the wires, but it is close to the coil wires. the destroyed packaging is pretty common any more. my last package(not from am) had shocks and struts sticking out on all sides of the box, looked like a pin cuision.

i had these plastic strut covers so i notched them for the pipes and they dressed it up a little
Wow Mike, yours looks great, too!
Old 8/4/12, 03:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow Mike, yours looks great, too!
hey thanks. you cant see it in my pic but mine came with a stainless plate riveted on that says shelby. ive had more than a couple people see it and say " wow, this is a shelby"? daaa, sure is,lol.....i might make a new flat plate some day and put a ford racing sticker on it or something. you could rivet yours on?

one thing to note about these type braces, you need the car on flat level ground when you bolt them down. the first time i installed it was on uneven ground and it will throw the steering wheel off just a little.