V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Scrming spotted in Orlando!

Search this Thread

Old 3/5/06, 08:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackLX4.0 @ March 5, 2006, 7:28 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The run I saw was 13.2. He was spinning pretty bad off the line though. scrming said he was running in the 12s. I don't know what boost he was running at.
[/b][/quote]

I spoke to him earlier today. He qualified and today will be the elimination phase of the event. He said he didn't hit 12's, just the 13.4 on his own. In about an hour we should get some more times from him. Hes been getting a lot of good tips from the guys at Powerhouse, check him out hanging with Powerhouse and Alt. Auto:

Old 3/5/06, 09:02 AM

Ok, just got another update from Scrming with Lideo driving, car ran a all time best of 13.3!
Old 3/5/06, 09:03 AM
MSP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW!! That Scrming sure does keep good company! Look at that Powerhouse V6!! It looks so menacing! What wheels does Mike have on it? They look like Centerlines, or a Weld wheel type..?

Tell them to take more pics! More Pics man!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 3/5/06, 09:47 AM
V6 Member

Scrming has a different set of wheels in the back, is he running slicks, or drag radials?
Old 3/5/06, 10:02 AM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(blaster199 @ March 5, 2006, 8:50 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Scrming has a different set of wheels in the back, is he running slicks, or drag radials?
[/b][/quote]

I look at it as T-LOK proving grounds.. Without a Girdle.. More evidence that just a Standard TLOK can get the job done.. If he is launching at 412RWTQ on the TLOK without a girdle, it is indeed saying something.. Fazm asked a good question earlier about his 60FT time... The quicker the 60FT time, the harder the launch on the TLOK without a girdle.. Which means, if its not grinding yet, then its a good sign..

I would be interested in his 60FT as well, to see how much abuse the TLOK can take, along with the stock 28spline axles.. All of this is R&D for me.. Basically it looks as if the standard TLOK without a girdle is up to the challenge thus far.. Lets see if he can drive it home after the days events.. If so, start to look at the TLOK as a viable option which is also cheaper than a TT..

For the record, my TLOK goes in, in the morning.. Very comforting to me to see the TLOK get abused by scrming! Way to go TLOK!! Hang in there lil buddy! You can do it! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

Scrming is beatin up on that lil 7.5 TLOK without a girdle! It aint right I tell ya! He should atleast have a girdle on him! Poor lil TLOK! Never got a fair shake in this world.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] Show'em what your made of lil Tlok!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 3/5/06, 10:45 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ March 5, 2006, 10:05 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Ok, just got another update from Scrming with Lideo driving, car ran a all time best of 13.3!
[/b][/quote]

Congrats Scrming!

He is inching (knocking on the door) his way to 12's so close but we know he will/should be there soon, just goes to show just talking and predicting fast ET's is just that cheap talk it is a another thing to do it with these V6's and Scrming is doing it!. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

Heres hoping for for a better ET before the weekend is out [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Budders thanks for the pictures [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

T
Old 3/5/06, 11:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Wow...very cool times, and that picture of the three Stangs is just awesome!

Too bad about the slick track. Those are different wheels on his car indeed.

Anybody giving odds on Scrming moving to the 125HP shot after he gets some good rubber on there? heheh.
Old 3/5/06, 11:10 AM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJ06 @ March 5, 2006, 9:48 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Congrats Scrming!
He is inching (knocking on the door) his way to 12's so close but we know he will/should be there soon, just goes to show just talking and predicting fast ET's is just that cheap talk it is a another thing to do it with these V6's and Scrming is doing it!. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

Heres hoping for for a better ET before the weekend is out [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Budders thanks for the pictures [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
T
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, I wish we all lived close to people that like to go to dragstrips.. That owned shops, and had V6 Mustangs and GT's.. Fortunately for Scrming this is the case!

TJ06, I want to say how absolutley worthless your post is.. As it points out the obvious.. But I think I'll save it for another day..

See guys, its really sad that some of us must try and make comments which dont actually say anything important, but rather try and make a subtle suggestion to the audience..

I am willing to bet Rygen and Jimp and alot of others would have went on this trip if they could.. Worthless is too good of a word I think for you TJ06.. I'll think of another for you later.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

@ALL

See guys I try and be nice, but its guys like TJ06 and their childish comments which must not go ignored.. to ignore it, will only encourage it in the future.. You want me to be a jerk TJ06, keep acting up.. Sorry guys, and mods.. The relevance of his post cant be found anywhere in it.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nono.gif[/img]
Old 3/5/06, 11:38 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ March 5, 2006, 12:13 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yeah, I wish we all lived close to people that like to go to dragstrips.. That owned shops, and had V6 Mustangs and GT's.. Fortunately for Scrming this is the case!

TJ06, I want to say how absolutley worthless your post is.. As it points out the obvious.. But I think I'll save it for another day..

See guys, its really sad that some of us must try and make comments which dont actually say anything important, but rather try and make a subtle suggestion to the audience..

I am willing to bet Rygen and Jimp and alot of others would have went on this trip if they could.. Worthless is too good of a word I think for you TJ06.. I'll think of another for you later.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

@ALL

See guys I try and be nice, but its guys like TJ06 and their childish comments which must not go ignored.. to ignore it, will only encourage it in the future.. You want me to be a jerk TJ06, keep acting up.. Sorry guys, and mods.. The relevance of his post cant be found anywhere in it.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nono.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

I was talking to Rygn see how you come and attack me WOW!! I myself am guilty of predicting fast ET's I predicted Scrming would run in the 12's with DR's. Guess what it didn't happen just goes to show how hard it really is my point in the post.

Hey MSP quick couple question's why did your have HP 402@12psi then lowered it to 373@12psi in your sig?

How come you just don't list the SAE RWHP of 326@12psi like everyone else list in thier sig?
Old 3/5/06, 12:02 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJ06 @ March 5, 2006, 10:41 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I was talking to Rygn see how you come and attack me WOW!! I myself am guilty of predicting fast ET's I predicted Scrming would run in the 12's with DR's. Guess what it didn't happen just goes to show how hard it really is my point in the post.

Hey MSP quick couple question's why did your have HP 402@12psi then lowered it to 373@12psi in your sig?

How come you just don't list the SAE RWHP of 326@12psi like everyone else list in thier sig?
[/b][/quote]

Because I recalculated my HP based on using the 210HP rating and my old base dyno run... With my base dyno run I was @ 178RWHP ... So I took the net loss for drivetrain HP on my old dyno which was 32HP..

Now with my new RWHP rating which is 341RWHP, I can add back in the 32 HP, because I shouldnt really lose more drivetrain loss because I have increased the HP.. This should get me pretty close to my flywheel HP which using this method is about 375HP @ the flywheel...

Taking into consideration that when I dyno'd my cr last time, it was done using the entire tune for the 10psi setup.. Which is not a proper tune for running at 12psi.. This is because there are several variables which will not get accounted for in a 12 psi setup using a 10psi setup.. Things like the MAF curve and A/F, and timing all were setup for 10psi..

What happens is the computers program has been setup to only apply enough fuel for the amount of air of the 10psi setup.. This is done using the fuel maps.. Which also has an effect on the amount of load.. If the computer is properly setup for a 12psi tune, my numbers would be alot higher.. However, I currently have not gotten a proper tune yet to run 12psi, thus my dyno reflects this.. For me persoanlly to claim 402HP flywheel , I would like to see about 370RWHP.. This way when I add back in my original drivetrain loss of 32HP, I can much better keep track of real world gains..

So I am happy to lower my numbers under the circumstance.. Thus providing myself with another goal in which to accomplish.. SAE numbers are ok numbers, but they are more political in nature.. Alot of other people dont find themselves restricted to using SAE numbers, so why should I.. I'll use which ever numbers are presented on the graph, sense I paid for the dyno, and its my car..

Now with that said, how does this tie into your being childish earlier? It doesnt, basically just another childish attempt at being foolish! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Let me clear this up abit... Kinda misquoted on the additional fuel..

What I mean is, the set value in the computers fuel map and the S/C curve is set for 10 PSI.. This means, the set value or amount of air which the computer is going to account for is based on 10psi.. The maf curve along with voltage is set for 10psi and not 12psi.. This means, even when I am running at 12psi, the amount of voltage fed to the MAF remains at the 10psi level.. Thus the end result is that the MAF is not properly actually applying enough voltage to run at 12psi.. Which has an effect on the timing and fuel which is applied to the setup...

So my 12psi dyno, was done using voltage based on 10psi to the MAF.. Once I get a proper tune, the numbers will shoot up.. However, i really dont like a 91 octane situation for 12 psi.. Thus I am not in a hurry at this point..

Let me also add this... Since the the S/C is actually producing 12psi of boost, this is not done until 6000RPM.. The stock Vortech tune sets the rev limiter at 6144RPM... This means that I wont achieve a full 12psi of boost until 6000rpm.. This is what the pulley which is 2.87in is designed for.. This means when looking at my dyno sheet, it should be understood that the actual dyno was not completed at 12psi.. The lift point from the accelerator was done at around 5500rpm, as requested by me.. So looking at the dyno, you can assume that it was actually not a full pull... This was decided because I did only use 91 octane, and we were satisfied with the end result of 341RWHP using a 10psi tune.. There is alot to this, that is not talked about much, but needs to be pointed out, because of skeptics like TJ06.. So trust that the actuall dyno you can view was not actually completed with a full 12psi of boost.. It basically took what could be had by 5500rpm and not at 6000rpm like the pulley for 12psi is designed for..

This also goes back to the 10psi dyno.. Again the lift point on the dyno was around 5500rpm and not 6000rpm where a full 10psi is achieved based on the 3.25in pulley..

With race gas, would feel alot more comfortable tacing out at 6000rpm.. But remember, this is a daily driver.. Huge risks are not my cup of tea.. I am happy producing whatever I can by 5500rpm using a 12psi pulley with a 10psi tune on 91 octane pump gas..
Old 3/5/06, 12:37 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(blaster199 @ March 5, 2006, 11:50 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

Those are drag radials.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJ06 @ March 5, 2006, 12:48 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Congrats Scrming!

T
[/b][/quote]

Yes he is, and he is accomplishing his goal, which is to improve every time he goes to the track. I plan on meeting John for the Ohio event this July. There is a lot I can learn from him as he was getting coached by Powerhouse and Lideo this weekend. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

13.3 V6 is quite impressive!!!! Keep in mind that this track isn't the best track around, and is nicked named "spin city". LOL.

Lets see what he does with DR's at his local track which he is used to.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJ06 @ March 5, 2006, 1:41 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

No, he didn't break into the 12's, but he is inching towards it. He also said he was topping out on the gear and that the DR's were shorter than his Nittos. He's thinking with taller DR's his trap speed will increase enough that he can continue to improve his time. I'm not sure if I am explaining all of this correctly, but he will be back tomorrow and I'm sure he can explain it then.

All in all I am quite impressed.
Old 3/5/06, 12:46 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ March 5, 2006, 11:40 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Those are drag radials.
Yes he is, and he is accomplishing his goal, which is to improve every time he goes to the track. I plan on meeting John for the Ohio event this July. There is a lot I can learn from him as he was getting coached by Powerhouse and Lideo this weekend. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

13.3 V6 is quite impressive!!!! Keep in mind that this track isn't the best track around, and is nicked named "spin city". LOL.

Lets see what he does with DR's at his local track which he is used to.
No, he didn't break into the 12's, but he is inching towards it. He also said he was topping out on the gear and that the DR's were shorter than his Nittos. He's thinking with taller DR's his trap speed will increase enough that he can continue to improve his time. I'm not sure if I am explaining all of this correctly, but he will be back tomorrow and I'm sure he can explain it then.

All in all I am quite impressed.
[/b][/quote]

He did pretty good Rygen.. I would love to hang out with Mike Bowen and Lideo.. I am quite sure he is learning alot with those 2 watching out for him.. 13.3 is an improvement over the 13.4 as well.. Which just goes to show how really hard it is for additional mods to help out the ET's.... I think the 125 shot whould have gotten him into the 12's for sure.. That extra kick in the last 1/8th is needed it seems.. Of course the DR's did allow him to shave off a 10th from his 13.4 run.. But its the HP in the last 1/8th which helps to overcome previous ET's more.. I think perhaps if he were to get an aluminum driveshaft, he could break into the 12's.. This is because there will be less mass for the engine to spin once shifted from 3rd to 4th in the last 1/8th..
Old 3/5/06, 01:23 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ March 5, 2006, 2:49 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
He did pretty good Rygen.. I would love to hang out with Mike Bowen and Lideo.. I am quite sure he is learning alot with those 2 watching out for him.. 13.3 is an improvement over the 13.4 as well.. Which just goes to show how really hard it is for additional mods to help out the ET's.... I think the 125 shot whould have gotten him into the 12's for sure.. That extra kick in the last 1/8th is needed it seems.. Of course the DR's did allow him to shave off a 10th from his 13.4 run.. But its the HP in the last 1/8th which helps to overcome previous ET's more.. I think perhaps if he were to get an aluminum driveshaft, he could break into the 12's.. This is because there will be less mass for the engine to spin once shifted from 3rd to 4th in the last 1/8th..
[/b][/quote]

I'm wondering if spraying at 3K rpm will help here. So you don't unleash all that TQ until the car is moving. Not sure, but I have been thinking about it alot.

And yes, I agree with you MSP, I think the 125 shot may be a god next step to breaking into the 12's.
Old 3/5/06, 01:26 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ March 5, 2006, 12:22 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'm wondering if spraying at 3K rpm will help here. So you don't unleash all that TQ until the car is moving. Not sure, but I have been thinking about it alot.
[/b][/quote]

I think the only way rygen is either a 125shot, or maybe even a dual stage system.. He can launch with the 100shot, then in the last 1/8th while the car is moving, he can shoot a 150shot after the 3rd to 4th transition...

So basically, he would get a timer, with his 1/8th mile time dialed in.. This way, once he launches the timer starts, along with the 100shot.. Then at a preset based on time, the 100hot is turned off, and the 150 shot is turned on in the last 1/8th, and only for an 1/8th mile.. Enough to dip into the 12.8 et area..

We know Mike ran a 12.3 ET with a 150shot for the whole run.. curious to how the 150shot could help out i the last 1/8th after the car has been launched using the 100shot.. There is something to be said about less stress on the motor since its only @ 150shot for 4 to 5 seconds!..

More precisely another jet is used which is a 50shot jet.. This would join the 100shot in the last 1/8th..
Old 3/5/06, 02:01 PM
MSP
Banned

Also guys, this is a full 10psi pull right here!

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index....pic=43884&st=0

Scroll down to look at the dyno.. Notice how the pull drops off after 6000rpm!

Call me a chicken to not want to tac out past 6000rpm if you want.. But when you get a dyno, you can hear your car scream bloody murder.. Knowing that if something goes wrong it could all be gone in an isntant.. Its not easy listening to the engine scream while on a dyno.. 5500rpm is quite enough.. If you actually look at my dynos they pretty much drop off even before 5500rpm..

I am just pointing out the true reality.. The actual goal for the 12psi pulley, is to get to 10psi alot quicker.. The 12 psi pulley moves 10psi away from 6000rpm..

So I guess you all can call me a chicken somewhat.. I admit it! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 3/5/06, 02:56 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ March 5, 2006, 3:29 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I think the only way rygen is either a 125shot, or maybe even a dual stage system.. He can launch with the 100shot, then in the last 1/8th while the car is moving, he can shoot a 150shot after the 3rd to 4th transition...

So basically, he would get a timer, with his 1/8th mile time dialed in.. This way, once he launches the timer starts, along with the 100shot.. Then at a preset based on time, the 100hot is turned off, and the 150 shot is turned on in the last 1/8th, and only for an 1/8th mile.. Enough to dip into the 12.8 et area..

We know Mike ran a 12.3 ET with a 150shot for the whole run.. curious to how the 150shot could help out i the last 1/8th after the car has been launched using the 100shot.. There is something to be said about less stress on the motor since its only @ 150shot for 4 to 5 seconds!..

More precisely another jet is used which is a 50shot jet.. This would join the 100shot in the last 1/8th..
[/b][/quote]

Yep, I agree with you on the 125 shot, I actually updated my post to reflect this while you were responding to me. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/5/06, 04:50 PM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ March 5, 2006, 2:05 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

What happens is the computers program has been setup to only apply enough fuel for the amount of air of the 10psi setup.. This is done using the fuel maps..
[/b][/quote]

ok, call this a stupid question, but wouldn't this make the car run leaner with more boost? That's usually the problem with changing the pulley without changing the tune. That would mean you'd likely be producing a little more power, not a little less.

Anyway, good god, somebody take a vid of one of scrming's runs. Please? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 3/5/06, 05:47 PM
Bullitt Member

@MSP

There you go with the name calling talk about childish you should look at your at yourself The reason I asked you is because I see you keep changing it 3 times already in your sig and I was wondering why. Let see you went from 412HP to 402HP to now 373 hp. So you have been miss calculating all these times wow.

I just don’t see why you don’t use your SAE RWHP numbers that are 326RWHP@12psi from your dyno results like everyone else does in this forum, by the way thumbs up to you guys for that.
Old 3/5/06, 06:20 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJ06 @ March 5, 2006, 7:50 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
@MSP

There you go with the name calling talk about childish you should look at your at yourself The reason I asked you is because I see you keep changing it 3 times already in your sig and I was wondering why. Let see you went from 412HP to 402HP to now 373 hp. So you have been miss calculating all these times wow.

I just don’t see why you don’t use your SAE RWHP numbers that are 326RWHP@12psi from your dyno results like everyone else does in this forum, by the way thumbs up to you guys for that.
[/b][/quote]

RWHP is the only accurate way to list your HP unless you actually take the engine out and measure at the flywheel, lol. Anything else is just a guess.
Old 3/6/06, 05:07 PM
V6 Member

If you ran the car with more boost and didn't increase the fuel, there is a chance you would get more power, but most likey you would be running way too lean and would be hurting the engine, with a potential loss for power. And like BlackLX4.0 said, you cant know your exact flywheel horsepower without pulling the engine. No one knows their drivetrain loss unless they did both an engine dyno and then put it in the car and did a rwhp dyno. The percentage loss from the flywheels are just a guess, one could be off by as much a 10% inflating, or deflating the horsepower. Eitherway, flyheel horsepower doesnt matter, its what you get to the ground that counts!