V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Pulled the trigger: Diablosport Predator & AFE i

Search this Thread

Old 10/3/05, 07:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finally pulled the trigger on a tuner and intake. Got an awesome deal on it:

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/05v6.htm

It comes with a tune, but anyone know a good person with the preds? Can't wait to install it!!!!!

Old 10/3/05, 08:51 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went with the AEM + predator tuner. If your tuner comes anything like mine did, you're going to have to update it to the r23 before it will work. the thing they don't tell you is that the v6 tune comes in the GT tune, the model number of the revision is like U1740 or something. Once you update the tuner you'll be able to upload your tune. I went with the 93 octane, or "Performance tune", the other tunes available are "factory HP" "91 performance" and "87 performance". I still need to get mine to a dyno and have someone fine tune it, but you'll be pleased with your gains immediately.
Old 10/3/05, 08:53 AM

Thanks Goliath! I appreciate the heads up on the r23. I'll post a response once I have it uploaded.
Old 10/5/05, 07:18 PM

Installed it tonight, smoother revs and can feel it pull more on the higher rpms. I can also chrip the wheels, which is new cause I couldn't do that before. I only took it for a short run but will have more info tomorrow night after I take it on the high way. but it is definitely a noticable difference.
Old 10/10/05, 05:55 PM

To anyone who has bought this package for the v6...
I just got mine through the mail, and they didn't give me that great of instructions to work with. All I got was the CAI, and the preditor.. Does the preditor already have the specific tune for the AFE CAI on it, or do I need to get it from the website? They didn't give me much information, so any help is appreciated..
Thanks
Old 10/10/05, 06:00 PM

I sent an email to rpmoutlet on this, cause mine didn't come with a CAI tune. It was supposed to come with the C&L cai tune. I downloaded it from Diablo's web site, but it would not load on my tuner. I ended up putting a performance tune on it, it comes with 3 tunes. I am still happy with it, and will probably do some research on a good diablo dealer to give me a custom tune...or hope someone on here gets one.

I also modified my tune, removed speed limit, and modified the rev limiter.

Good luck.
Old 10/10/05, 07:04 PM
GT Member

yeah I did all that stuff with mine too :P got rid of torque software, speed limiter, and tweaked the stuff around. Just curious why you'd want the C&L tune? Is the C&L tune made custom for cars with CAI's and the performance tune just tweaks the engine?
Old 10/12/05, 09:44 AM
GT Member

Did you find out if the C&L tune allows for a CAI? The performance tune is working fine, but if the C&L tune makes it run that much better, I'm all for it.
Old 10/12/05, 09:56 AM

I will have to call RPMOutlet, from what I hear....the C&L tune adds additional parameters for the increased air flow. But I'm thinking of researching the parameters and/or taking it to a diablo shop. Once i have the tune, I can export it and modify it.
Old 10/12/05, 01:59 PM
GT Member

keep me posted on what you find out. I emailed them a couple hours ago, so I'll be interested to see what they say to us.
Old 10/13/05, 02:39 PM

Originally posted by Goliath@October 12, 2005, 3:02 PM
keep me posted on what you find out. I emailed them a couple hours ago, so I'll be interested to see what they say to us.

Ok, got a response, they directed me here, told me to get the code off my car and download the appropriate C&L tune.

http://www.diablosport.com/Downloads_U7140.php#custom

They said the C&L tune will work fine for my AFE and give me additional gains over the performance tune. I will try it tonight and let you know.
Old 10/14/05, 11:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Rygen,

Followed you over here! Missed MSP and his unbridled enthusiasm for these cars! Had to delay the XCAL and tune yet again (can't drive my ranger off base until I get the windhsield fixed, and with all of this rain I haven't been able to get anyone out here.). Saw the gears and differential thread you referenced on Stangnet. Really good info!
Old 10/14/05, 12:07 PM

Cool. Yea, I came here to catch up with the good colaboration between jimp, msp and scrimg.

I am having a custom tune done to my pred, I want more than just the "performance" tune on my ride. I sent the specs in, should have it shortly.
Old 11/1/05, 08:27 AM

I have a couple questions for you rygen now that you probably have this set up where you want it:

I checked out the CAI/tuner package on RPM outlet from your link and love the price as compared to going SCT2 and CAI seperate, but :

Does the predator allow you to switch back to a stock tune if you needed to take it back to the dealer?

From what I understand you can download tunes off the net and upload them to the predator than your car, does this cost? And it wasn't clear, did the predator have a CAI tune on it or was it just a "performance tune" that really doesn't change how much air is allowed into the engine? What was the deal with that?

What other things can the predator do? I know it can change your top speed limit but what else? I was thinking of going bigger tires and would need the tune to change the speedo, can the predator do that?

And did you ever get to dyno it? Any noticible gains after you perfected your tune?

For some reason diablos website isn't working and can't find this info anywhere else!
Old 11/1/05, 10:18 AM

Originally posted by NJCoastFlyFish@November 1, 2005, 10:30 AM
I have a couple questions for you rygen now that you probably have this set up where you want it:

I checked out the CAI/tuner package on RPM outlet from your link and love the price as compared to going SCT2 and CAI seperate, but :

Does the predator allow you to switch back to a stock tune if you needed to take it back to the dealer?

From what I understand you can download tunes off the net and upload them to the predator than your car, does this cost? And it wasn't clear, did the predator have a CAI tune on it or was it just a "performance tune" that really doesn't change how much air is allowed into the engine? What was the deal with that?

What other things can the predator do? I know it can change your top speed limit but what else? I was thinking of going bigger tires and would need the tune to change the speedo, can the predator do that?

And did you ever get to dyno it? Any noticible gains after you perfected your tune?

For some reason diablos website isn't working and can't find this info anywhere else!
No problem. Yes, I can switch back to stock tune at any time. The C&L tune is free when you buy the kit, but you have to download it...this is the tune that adjusts how much air can flow through the engine. I was in the process of getting it from rpmoutlet when the diablo site went down. But will keep you posted on it. Also, if you buy the predator from rpmoutlet, they will give you a free custom tune. You will have to give them a bunch of info and fill out a form.

Speed limit, rev limit, adjust for bigger tires. All of this has been confirmed by my local performance shop. I will be putting them to the test in two weeks.

As for how much a custom tune costs, well you can get a deal by going to the internet, but I reccomend that you go to a local shop with a dyno. My local performance shope quoted me $500 for a days worth of dyno pulls and 2 specialized tunes. I however have not done this yet, as I am waiting for them to do the following to my car:

1. 4.10 Motive gears
2. Ford Racing TLOK
3. NOS system (100HP shot)

I expect to get a quote from them today on all of the above, then I will pay the 500 for a proper tune. For my CAI, I went with AFE cause they have a dyno proven 11HP gain with no tune. I confirmed this with another member here (Afixer) who provided his car for the prototype AFE.

As soon as I am done, I will post dynos.

Regards,
Old 11/1/05, 02:25 PM

Thanks for the info- i'm gonna get the CAI and Pedator now