V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Procharger is back in the race

Search this Thread

Old 2/17/06, 09:56 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the way I look at it is you're buying the prodcut from procharger and the service from where you get it installed, so the horror story Belial endured doesn't really phase me since I wasn't going to take his route.
Old 2/17/06, 09:59 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scrming @ February 17, 2006, 10:46 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
One thing seems to be common on the negative comments... poor customer service or poor technical support... So it seems they have a long history of poor service and putting out things on the market to early... Belial's experience appears to be more the rule than the exception... One thing I cannot tolerate is poor customer service... regardless of how good the product is! There simply is no need for it! I had a very early issue with my Zex... in the end it turned out not to even be a Zex issue (bad TPS on my car) but Zex bent over backwards to help me with the problem!
[/b][/quote]

Yes I have to agree with the above.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> One thing I cannot tolerate is poor customer service...[/b][/quote]

This I am 110% with you!!

I will be going into this if I go with Procharger with this in mind and will be prepared for to do a custom tune even if they send me a canned tune, I will also use a Procharger experienced shop. I like the Prcharger P-1SC hands down over any other supercharger's out all I want from Procharger is the system and I will handle the rest.

The only exception to the above is if the X charger can put down 300RWHP and or he comes down on his price I mean $4,200.00 at only 6psi, HP???, no intercooler, no tuner wow!! If I am going to spend that amount of money Mike or Procharger will be getting my buisness.
Old 2/17/06, 10:08 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Goliath @ February 17, 2006, 11:59 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
the way I look at it is you're buying the prodcut from procharger and the service from where you get it installed, so the horror story Belial endured doesn't really phase me since I wasn't going to take his route.
[/b][/quote]

ok... and what do you do when the blower goes out after 31 days... I really doubt the installing shop is going to eat the cost of a new blower and based on the reviews i linked to, Procharger refuses to stand behind their warranty.... leaving you with the cost of buying a new blower...
Old 2/17/06, 10:20 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scrming @ February 17, 2006, 11:11 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
ok... and what do you do when the blower goes out after 31 days... I really doubt the installing shop is going to eat the cost of a new blower and based on the reviews i linked to, Procharger refuses to stand behind their warranty.... leaving you with the cost of buying a new blower...
[/b][/quote]

Scrming do not mean to argue with you but!! The warr per review you point to was it was poss. out of warr issure and I think it was like almost 1-2 years after purchase and there two sides to every story. Procharger offers the 3 year extened warr for $49.00 which I would get and have on paper.

I would feel ok with the 3 year warr have it in writting no problem.
Old 2/17/06, 10:24 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJ06 @ February 17, 2006, 12:23 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Scrming do not mean to argue with you but!! The warr per review you point to was it was poss. out of warr issure and I think it was like almost 1-2 years after purchase and there two sides to every story. Procharger offers the 3 year extened warr for $49.00 which I would get and have on paper.

[/b][/quote]

Ok.. i was referring to other comments i've heard... not just that one guy... let me see if I can find more relevant ones...
Old 2/17/06, 10:38 AM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJ06 @ February 17, 2006, 9:02 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yes I have to agree with the above.
This I am 110% with you!!
I will be going into this if I go with Procharger with this in mind and will be prepared for to do a custom tune even if they send me a canned tune, I will also use a Procharger experienced shop. I like the Prcharger P-1SC hands down over any other supercharger's out all I want from Procharger is the system and I will handle the rest.

The only exception to the above is if the X charger can put down 300RWHP and or he comes down on his price I mean $4,200.00 at only 6psi, HP???, no intercooler, no tuner wow!! If I am going to spend that amount of money Mike or Procharger will be getting my buisness.
[/b][/quote]

http://www.explorerexpress.com/catal...ercharger.html

Hey good buddy TJ06!! I dont see anything about 300rwhp.. Lets me see, I see 76HP gain @ 6psi.. Thats 286HP Flywheel, 243RWHP... Thats effectively a 36% gain in performance.. While Vortech is offering a 67% gain..

I could be missing something.. Oh, a dyno sheet from Explorer Express.. Not ready yet I know.. However I promise you the kit will not produce 300RWHP without some type of cooling unit..

But I could be wrong, if so post a link for me to get caught up.. Thanks man!
Old 2/17/06, 10:39 AM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJ06 @ February 17, 2006, 12:23 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

Belial also had his kit with a supposed tune and etc included... and it too was on paper... just not in the box they sent him... lol

Seriously, they make what seems to be a really good s/c , but if it breaks for any reason--- you better be ready to have your car in the shop for a couple of months and go hire an attorney. That's the reason superchargersonline and etc... won't carry them. They do not want to be put in the middle. An installer will promise you the world, but when something breaks and you need to it replaced they are going to tell you to take it up with the manufacturer.

I believe that is the point screamin, myself and a few others are trying to make. Not knocking the s/c ... just knocking what happens in the event something breaks later on down the line. Then again ... like we always say .. it's your $ and it's not up to us to decide how someone should spend someone else hard earned money. Just wishing you luck and giving you all the facts. Either way - you will have a bad hiney fast v6 [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

Due diligence - ain't it a female dog... lol
Old 2/17/06, 10:47 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ February 17, 2006, 11:41 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
http://www.explorerexpress.com/catal...ercharger.html
Hey good buddy TJ06!! I dont see anything about 300rwhp.. Lets me see, I see 76HP gain @ 6psi.. Thats 286HP Flywheel, 243RWHP... Thats effectively a 36% gain in performance.. While Vortech is offering a 67% gain..

I could be missing something.. Oh, a dyno sheet from Explorer Express.. Not ready yet I know.. However I promise you the kit will not produce 300RWHP without some type of cooling unit..
But I could be wrong, if so post a link for me to get caught up.. Thanks man!
[/b][/quote]

@ MSP
I am with you on this I think you misread my post I don't believe X Charger will be putting down 300RWHP either see quote below and link.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>TJ06
Those numbers would have to be pretty good for me to reconsider they have to be min 300HP RWHP at that price. I don't know how it will get there with only 6PSI, only 30LB injectors! and no intercooler. But I guess we will find out in about 3 weeks [/b][/quote]
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?sh...ic=40330&st=100
Old 2/17/06, 10:55 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>From one Vortech review:

Vortech service personnel no help. Will require removing unit and sending back to them at your expense to get repaired. Workmanship from vortech service no better then shade tree mechanic. Works till you get back on car and will start acting up again. Minor repair cost from vortech over $300.00 + freight costs. Best thing to do if own one is only drive less then 2000 miles a year. Cannot depend on unit to last. Reccomend not buying anything from vortech till they get thier program straight. [/b][/quote]

I think the best advice one can get on going with a SC is have low expectations when it comes to after the sale support from any manufacturer. Adding forced induction is a gamble on a scale from relatively low risk to take you life in your hands high risk. There will be some with horror stories from any given supplier. Procharger certainly has their share.

I would not choose Vortech or Procharger because I was convinced one would give better after the sale service. I would probably err on the side of extra due diligence on selecting my installer/tuner. They will likley be more apt to help after the sale.
Old 2/17/06, 10:58 AM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJ06 @ February 17, 2006, 9:50 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
@ MSP
I am with you on this I think you misread my post I don't believe X Charger will be putting down 300RWHP either see quote below and link.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?sh...ic=40330&st=100
[/b][/quote]

Yes we are on the same page! I sure will be glad when next Wednsday comes TJ06! The discussion is going to grow 2 fold!

I am really anxious to see the final number.. It really means alot to us V6'ers.. Next Wednsday is the most important day up to this point..
Old 2/17/06, 10:59 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(screaminyellin6 @ February 17, 2006, 12:42 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Belial also had his kit with a supposed tune and etc included... and it too was on paper... just not in the box they sent him... lol
Seriously, they make what seems to be a really good s/c , but if it breaks for any reason--- you better be ready to have your car in the shop for a couple of months and go hire an attorney. That's the reason superchargersonline and etc... don;t like to carry them. They do not want to be put in the middle. An installer will promise you the world, but when something breaks and you need to it replaced they are going to tell you to take it up with the manufacturer.

I believe that is the point screamin, myself and a few others are trying to make. Not knocking the s/c ... just knocking what happens in the event something breaks later on down the line. Then again ... like we always say .. it's your $ and it's not up to us to decide how someone should spend someone else hard earned money. Just wishing you luck and giving you all the facts. Either way - you will have a bad hiney fast v6 [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

[/b][/quote]

Exactly!

Belial, you think you had it bad... Could have been worse... here's a guy talking about his boat and his ProCharger related issues. (appears to be a ProCharger fuel pump)

"So far I'm out $125K and have nothing useable going on two
years! "
Old 2/17/06, 11:00 AM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PaulC @ February 17, 2006, 12:58 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I think the best advice one can get on going with a SC is have low expectations when it comes to after the sale support from any manufacturer. Adding forced induction is a gamble on a scale from relatively low risk to take you life in your hands high risk. There will be some with horror stories from any given supplier. Procharger certainly has their share.

I would not choose Vortech or Procharger because I was convinced one would give better after the sale service. I would probably err on the side of extra due diligence on selecting my installer/tuner. They will likley be more apt to help after the sale.
[/b][/quote]

Well said... Make sure to ask around and see what there experiences have been in the past with different manufacturers ( obviously some may be biased depending on whether they have dealer deals or distributorships with one of the s/c companies and not another - lol )

Life is a gamble [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 2/17/06, 11:02 AM
GT Member

Scrming I'd do as everyone mentioned and drop the 50$ for the extended 3 year warranty.

I still believe the turbo is the way to go from what i've been keeping up with from powerhouse, but if I were to SC, procharger would be the one I'd go with in a heartbeat.

Truth be told, with this new job I'm not even sure I'm keeping the v6, or if I do it might be in a different platform.
Old 2/17/06, 11:14 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(screaminyellin6 @ February 17, 2006, 11:42 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Seriously, they make what seems to be a really good s/c , but if it breaks for any reason--- you better be ready to have your car in the shop for a couple of months and go hire an attorney. That's the reason superchargersonline and etc... won't carry them. They do not want to be put in the middle. An installer will promise you the world, but when something breaks and you need to it replaced they are going to tell you to take it up with the manufacturer.

[/b][/quote]

screaminyellin6 I am not new to this I have had quite a few years of building and racing cars 550+ RWHP I can turn wrench or two. I have no experience with S/C but believe if need be I could install the Procharger without a problem. The reason I would let a speed shop do it is because for the deal Paul received I would pay a little more not to get my hands dirty and plus the they would have to nail a tune for me anyway that I am not capable of doing or dyno.

If after the complete install anything needs to be done I can maintain the S/C, if anything goes under warr I will have the 3 year and find it hard to believe they won't honor it I am sure there are some rare cases where that for one reason or another maybe there was a problem. I also have a few friends who are attorneys if it did come to that but I really doubt it and I really don't believe there will be a problem with the extended warr but time will tell seems like quite a few people are starting to go Procharger if any warr problems.
Old 2/17/06, 11:23 AM
MSP
Banned

Here is a Data log graph of a run I did yesterday.. IAT means Intake Air Temperature after Aftercooler..

Meaning the air which entered through the Throttle body into the intake, after being sucked in through the MAF.. Notice the MAF flow!! LOL! Thats 46F

Old 2/17/06, 11:24 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ February 17, 2006, 12:01 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yes we are on the same page! I sure will be glad when next Wednsday comes TJ06! The discussion is going to grow 2 fold!

I am really anxious to see the final number.. It really means alot to us V6'ers.. Next Wednsday is the most important day up to this point..
[/b][/quote]

Good luck to you MSP [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cheers.gif[/img]

What do you think or are hoping for the numbers will be for RWHP???

I look foward to seeing you numbers and dyno sheet.
Old 2/17/06, 11:28 AM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ February 17, 2006, 1:26 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Here is a Data log graph of a run I did yesterday.. IAT means Intake Air Temperature after Aftercooler..

Meaning the air which entered through the Throttle body into the intake, after being sucked in through the MAF.. Notice the MAF flow!! LOL! Thats 46F

[/b][/quote]

I'm guessing 46 is degrees celsius? 11 Firefox windows open? sounds like someone is checkin out some **** [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]..... jk.
Old 2/17/06, 11:31 AM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Goliath @ February 17, 2006, 10:31 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'm guessing 46 is degrees celsius? 11 Firefox windows open? sounds like someone is checkin out some **** [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]..... jk.
[/b][/quote]

No its supposed to be Fahrenheit.. I leave alot of browsers open when I look on the internet, because I have 2GIGS of RAM on top of 2 2.4GHZ Opteron processors.. My computer is faster than my car! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/17/06, 11:34 AM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ February 17, 2006, 1:34 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
No its supposed to be Fahrenheit.. I leave alot of browsers open when I look on the internet, because I have 2GIGS of RAM on top of 2 2.4GHZ Opteron processors.. My computer is faster than my car! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

farenheit? good grief.

Yeah I'm with you on that one. And now I don't even use it since I got my powerbook [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
Old 2/17/06, 11:40 AM
MSP
Banned

Here is a normal situation for comparison..

And one more at even lower RPM..

Quick Reply: Procharger is back in the race