V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Procharger is back in the race

Search this Thread

Old 2/16/06, 08:26 PM
MSP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackLX4.0 @ February 16, 2006, 7:14 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Awww man, don't be like that. I didn't say anything negative about you! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

That was a friendly pun Jimp.. We go way back.. I can understand people choose not to oil tap.. Thats a valid point.. Also the intercooler aftercooler debate is an endless argument.. Thats understandable as well.. Dont worry, you know I wont let you down with the dyno sheets.. Call it a dyno queen if you must, but if you dont have anything to put to the ground, whats the point..

I'll post mine next week.. FlapJack will post his and claim I'm using a 12psi pulley.. He is free to upgrade to an 11psi pulley if he chooses...

At any rate, for now I challenge him to post a dyno sheet above 300RWHP.. By the time he post that, I'll have one with 350RWHP+..
Old 2/16/06, 08:30 PM
GT Member

Some people prefer the vortech and the aftercooler, some like the procharger and the intercooler...can't we all just get along?
Old 2/16/06, 08:33 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sundeep @ February 16, 2006, 11:33 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Some people prefer the vortech and the aftercooler, some like the procharger and the intercooler...can't we all just get along?
[/b][/quote]

What fun would that be? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/chairshot.gif[/img]
Old 2/16/06, 08:38 PM
Bullitt Member

MSP:

You always want to make this crap personal. Why are you so stand-offish? I really don't know you, so I can't say I don't like you. But if you want to make this into a popularity contest, I can guarantee a lot more people don't like you than don't like me.

You're arrogant, abrasive, and argumentative.... and people are getting sick of it.

I applaud your endeavors in forced induction.... really. I have never attacked the Vortech until now. You have backed those who simply express their interest in the ProCharger into a corner.

You have to realize, just because someone says they think something is better... doesn't mean they're attacking you or Vortech.

Why is this discussion even happening? After the last person you pissed off, I thought you had respectfully bowed out of the conversation. That was actually one of the most gentleman-like things I've seen you do.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ February 16, 2006, 10:29 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>I'll post mine next week.. FlapJack will post his and claim I'm using a 12psi pulley.. He is free to upgrade to an 11psi pulley if he chooses...
[/b][/quote]

The only reason I ever thought you were using a 12psi pulley is because there is no way you can GAIN 2psi from an aftercooler.

Unlike you, I've studied fluid dynamics and Bernoulli's principle. I challenge you to PROVE the 2psi gain instead of rationalizing it.

Also, I would like to bring up the 10-some phone calls I've made to ProCharger's technical department. Never once were they rude or curt. They answered ALL my pre-sales questions, and invited me to call back before, during or AFTER installation if I have any other questions/concerns.... regardless of the fact that I did not purchase it from them.

If you would like to know who I talked to, it was Josh. Great guy.
Old 2/16/06, 08:39 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I can see where this is going.

Take it to personal messaging guys...

The mods are sick of babysitting these types of threads...do us all a favor...and stick to the topic at hand.
Old 2/16/06, 08:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Boomer:

No problem. Just defending myself, actually. I'll quit, and let it roll off my back. I can be the bigger person.

I just wanted MSP to stop attacking the ProCharger system, and stop taking offense to those considering it.
Old 2/16/06, 08:49 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Flapjack @ February 16, 2006, 7:41 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
MSP:

You always want to make this crap personal. Why are you so stand-offish? I really don't know you, so I can't say I don't like you. But if you want to make this into a popularity contest, I can guarantee a lot more people don't like you than don't like me.

You're arrogant, abrasive, and argumentative.... and people are getting sick of it.

I applaud your endeavors in forced induction.... really. I have never attacked the Vortech until now. You have backed those who simply express their interest in the ProCharger into a corner.

You have to realize, just because someone says they think something is better... doesn't mean they're attacking you or Vortech.

Why is this discussion even happening? After the last person you pissed off, I thought you had respectfully bowed out of the conversation. That was actually one of the most gentleman-like things I've seen you do.
The only reason I ever thought you were using a 12psi pulley is because there is no way you can GAIN 2psi from an aftercooler.

Unlike you, I've studied fluid dynamics and Bernoulli's principle. I challenge you to PROVE the 2psi gain instead of rationalizing it.

Also, I would like to bring up the 10-some phone calls I've made to ProCharger's technical department. Never once were they rude or curt. They answered ALL my pre-sales questions, and invited me to call back before, during or AFTER installation if I have any other questions/concerns.... regardless of the fact that I did not purchase it from them.

If you would like to know who I talked to, it was Josh. Great guy.
[/b][/quote]

Its easier if you just post a dyno sheet when the time comes.. I have done so already.. And will post another next week.. In the meantime, I am driving my car everyday trouble free without no problems, leaks, or hassles..

If you search Belials very first thread, around the first few pages, I actually defended Prochargers product against Belials attack..

Right now, you would like to focus on fiction, while I am trying to bring the community as many facts as possible.. For now you want the community to accept that ProCharger sending people out into the world with their supercharger without a tune for a 2005+ V6 Mustang with its new computer system is ok.. For now you would like to move the conversation away from proven and factual dyno sheets..

This train has already left the station FlapJack.. My next stop is 400HP.. Dyno sheet next week..
Old 2/16/06, 08:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Of course I'll post a dyno sheet..... wait for me the get the kit and install it, for crying out loud.... just don't cry when you don't make the same HP as safely.

Also, thanks for defending it. What needs attacking is their customer service.... not their hardware. Even Belial said that. I agree, I don't like the way ProCharger didn't have a good tune available when they sold their product to Belial. Completely unacceptable. That is the main reason I didn't go through them.

By the way, even a dyno sheet won't prove 400 crank HP. That's not what we go by around here, in case you haven't noticed....
Old 2/16/06, 09:00 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Flapjack @ February 16, 2006, 8:00 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Of course I'll post a dyno sheet..... wait for me the get the kit and install it, for crying out loud.... just don't cry when you don't make the same HP as safely.
[/b][/quote]

Ok so we both agree to stop this nonesense.. Thats great FlapJack! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/16/06, 09:00 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ February 16, 2006, 11:03 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Ok so we both agree to stop this nonesense.. Thats great FlapJack! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

No problem. Onto bigger and better things!
Old 2/16/06, 11:16 PM
V6 Member

Yeah, just to chip in here, I've never had a problem with the product itself; the unit itself is excellent, the system is incredibly efficient. I'm actually taking it in monday for a final tune; the 302.5 run is a bit lean up top, moreso than I'm comfortable with, so my final numbers that I will use when driving it around day to day may be slightly lower, but for the time being I'm happier being more conservative until I hear more feedback from people on different kits. I'll most likely end up around 285-290 RWHP on a conservative tune. This is with my lil' auto. Add those 3.73's that came in today, and I'm satisfied.

My other goal when I go in this last time is to get at least one clean dyno run; I don't have a scanner so I'll probably end up doing the whole camera phone picture thing, so quality will suck but at least it'll give everyone an idea of where the power is.

I would have highly recommended the Procharger product had I been given all the facts by the company. If they had said, way back in November (3 MONTHS AGO) that they didn't have a working tune, and wouldn't even have one by February, I would have, number one, prepared for this contingency by calling around and talking to possible Ford tuners ahead of time, and number two, I wouldn't have paid the FULL PRICE FOR A COMPLETE KIT WITH TUNE. This last part is the most reprehensible, and as a few people have said (like scrming), this is apparently not new for the company. This alone is enough to give me pause; when you buy anything that costs nearly that much money, you want the good service to go with it. You want to be able to trust a company and know that they'll take care of you if you have issues with their product.

Through this entire process, Procharger screwed me over. They made their money off me and left me on my own. I certainly didn't want to be a test mule.

Again, this has nothing to do with the hardware itself. The design must be fantastic, the unit itself (along with the piping running it) stays remarkably cool, and the air to air intercooler is obviously working as advertised. When all's been said and done, I'm satisfied with my purchase (now that the rage has faded and I can pretend it never happened). It gives me a rush to drive my car now, something I didn't expect when I paid around $20,000 for what I thought was only a decent ride (albeit a darn beautiful one).

So, bottom line, if you're buying from somebody who has a working tune, and they're charging you that price... go for it! You're buying good hardware, and getting the service from somebody who'll take care of you. That's a winning combination.
Old 2/16/06, 11:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Belial:

Well said.
Old 2/17/06, 12:52 AM
GT Member

From personal experience with my car and a couple of friends's cars-Prochargers experience seal leaks within the first year of use, they also suffer from belt slip when smaller pullies are used. On the other hand the only problems i have seen on Vortechs were bad bearings and that blower already had over 3 years of daily use. Do not go by manufacturers claims...they just want to sell you their product. Good Luck with your decision, its going to be fun comparing numbers and experiences with the different systems.
Old 2/17/06, 04:58 AM
Bullitt Member

PR46:

I'll make a note of that. What is the easiest way to test for leaks on an SC?
Old 2/17/06, 05:28 AM

Kumbaya my Lord, Kumbaya.............everyone in a circle now....that's it....Kumbaya....
Old 2/17/06, 05:36 AM
Cobra Member

Ok... a quick search of the new groups found these items about ProCharger....

This if from 2001:
The biggest complaint is that they take your money and then wait months
on end to ship it to you. They won't refund your money either. They
also don't stand behind the products they sell. If the blower has a
problem they won't help you resolve it.

just stumble on this site: http://www.carreview.com/cat/parts/forced-...85_2877crx.aspx

while there are some happy customers I think they are out numbered by people who weren't so luck... (i didn't actually count them) There are some pretty strong negative comments...
Old 2/17/06, 08:04 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Belial @ February 17, 2006, 1:19 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
So, bottom line, if you're buying from somebody who has a working tune, and they're charging you that price... go for it! You're buying good hardware, and getting the service from somebody who'll take care of you. That's a winning combination.
[/b][/quote]

Hey Belial,

As I recall, you're fairly local to me (Raleigh area, right??)....are you aware of the local club? It's a good group of folks, and I know they'd all enjoy seeing your suped up V6 stang (okay, I'm at the top of the 'I wanna see it!!' list )

http://www.hcmcstangs.com/index.htm
Old 2/17/06, 08:41 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scrming @ February 17, 2006, 6:39 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Ok... a quick search of the new groups found these items about ProCharger....

This if from 2001:
The biggest complaint is that they take your money and then wait months
on end to ship it to you. They won't refund your money either. They
also don't stand behind the products they sell. If the blower has a
problem they won't help you resolve it.

just stumble on this site: http://www.carreview.com/cat/parts/forced-...85_2877crx.aspx

while there are some happy customers I think they are out numbered by people who weren't so luck... (i didn't actually count them) There are some pretty strong negative comments...
[/b][/quote]

Scrming thanks for the link!!

I read through them 23 reviews like to mention 3 stated they had the P-1SC models and 2 more mentioned self contained and of those five reviewers, 4 reviewers gave it a 5 out of 5 rating and 1 gave it a 4 out of 5 rating, the rest were P600B's, D-1's and unknown.

I believe the best way (right now being still relatively new product to the 4.0) when buying a supercharger is to purchase from a shop that installs Prochargers/Vortech's and has experience ( tuning/ dyno) like PaulC is doing at $4300.00 installed that is a nice deal!! If I can get a 9 lb S/C (PC) or 9psi lb T/C complete installed with a tune for $4,300.00 (not worth getting my hands dirty) it will be a done deal at that price!!
Old 2/17/06, 09:43 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJ06 @ February 17, 2006, 10:44 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Scrming thanks for the link!!

I read through them 23 reviews like to mention 3 stated they had the P-1SC models and 2 more mentioned self contained and of those five reviewers, 5 reviewers gave it a 5 out of 5 rating and 1 gave it a 4 out of 5 rating, the rest were P600B's, D-1's and unknown.

I believe the best way (right now being still relatively new product to the 4.0) when buying a supercharger is to purchase from a shop that installs Prochargers/Vortech's and has experience ( tuning/ dyno) like PaulC is doing at $4300.00 installed that is a nice deal!! If I can get a 9 lb S/C (PC) or 9psi lb T/C complete installed with a tune for $4,300.00 (not worth getting my hands dirty) it will be a done deal at that price!!
[/b][/quote]

One thing seems to be common on the negative comments... poor customer service or poor technical support... So it seems they have a long history of poor service and putting out things on the market to early... Belial's experience appears to be more the rule than the exception... One thing I cannot tolerate is poor customer service... regardless of how good the product is! There simply is no need for it! I had a very early issue with my Zex... in the end it turned out not to even be a Zex issue (bad TPS on my car) but Zex bent over backwards to help me with the problem!
Old 2/17/06, 09:51 AM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scrming @ February 17, 2006, 11:46 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
One thing seems to be common on the negative comments... poor customer service or poor technical support... So it seems they have a long history of poor service and putting out things on the market to early... Belial's experience appears to be more the rule than the exception... One thing I cannot tolerate is poor customer service... regardless of how good the product is! There simply is no need for it! I had a very early issue with my Zex... in the end it turned out not to even be a Zex issue (bad TPS on my car) but Zex bent over backwards to help me with the problem!
[/b][/quote]

Seems to be a pattern there... Call up superchargersonline.com ( they are one of the largest supercharger distributorships in the country) and ask them why they do not carry procharger [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Procharger is back in the race