V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Pony Package?

Search this Thread

Old 2/1/07, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pony Package?

Does anyone else think the Pony package looks better than the GT? Just a thought.
Old 2/1/07, 05:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love my Pony Package Stang!
Attached Thumbnails Pony Package?-mustang.jpg   Pony Package?-mustang-2007-031.jpg  
Old 2/1/07, 07:28 PM
V6 Member

I like them both.

But both need something to break up all that paint.

Having said that, I'm not a big fan of the '07 Pony spoiler, nor the pony stripe package, both which can be deleted, with no rebate or refund.
Money for nothing...

That's my 2 cents.

Mike
Old 2/1/07, 07:46 PM

Ya, not to crazy about the spoilers on the 07's either. I like the wheels on the 06 better.
Old 2/1/07, 07:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I didn't think I would like the stripe on mine but I have gotten used to it and backed out of removing it a few times. I also like the black rockers on V6's with it. The colors have to look right though. Oddly enough I really like the windvail ponies with the white stripe, looks very classy. Perf white with a black stripe is probably my least favorite. The pony stripe looks more like an aftermarket one then the standard V6 tape stripe.

I have also gotten used to the newer gen spoiler. Personally I hate just about any spoiler in general, but objectively it doesn't look too bad at all. I also kinda like the models all having different spoilers(Pony/GT/GT-500). I definately like the pony package grille much better then the GT's though. Every single V6 we have at this dealer is a pony package now, except for a pair of spoiler-less black V6 verts with the 17" machined wheels, another clean and classy combo(one has a CDC ducktail/air dam/light bar).
Old 2/1/07, 07:55 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Not a fan of the fog lights on the PP. I like the fender badges though.
Old 2/1/07, 08:25 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love the grille! I was going to get the center fogs but then I found a really good deal on the Pony Package grille and decided to try it out... I am glad I did!

I don't care for the new spoiler... Of course, I am not a big fan of spoilers in general (except the ducktail), so that's just my opinion.

If I ever upgrade to a GT, one of the first things I would do is switch out the fender 'GT' emblem with the PP running pony one, cause I really like the look of it...

Overall, I like both the GT and PP V-6, cause after all, they're both Mustangs!
Old 2/1/07, 09:18 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I'm not a fan of the '07 Pony Package spoiler or wheels, and I don't like either one's front bumper, but I love the fogs, fender badges, and stripes. I think it's the best-looking V6 since 1968.
Old 2/2/07, 01:06 AM
Team Mustang Source

I really wanted one of the new S197's but was torn between getting a GT or a Pony Package V6 convertible, but I noticed you couldn't get a Pony vert with a manual transmission (which was a must for me). Then this past summer I found a left over Screaming Yellow V6 convertible deluxe with a stick and decided I'd make my own Pony Package "clone". Since I already have an 03 GT and the price was good on the vert, it was an easy choice. Only thing I have left to do is add the GT front and rear sway bars. I really love the look of the Pony Package!

Old 2/2/07, 07:33 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Nice work Jay!
Old 2/2/07, 07:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

In my opinion,the v6 should always have had a pony package.One reason is that every mustang should look muscular because they like the gt ,they represent the whole line.A second reason is that ,although everyone usually aspires to the gt ,not everyone needs or wants the power, but lives the good looks. It shouldn't be looked down on as a weak sister car !
Old 2/2/07, 09:02 AM
GT Member

I love my pony package, I think the grill looks better than that of the GT.
I always get compliments on the look of the car.
Old 2/2/07, 09:04 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I loved my the Pony package on my previous Stang. It was the grill that sold me on it, though I love the fender badges, side tape, and (original) bullits w/ the pony center cap. Everyone also seems leave out the fact the the Pony package added some handling features that make this package a must. The grill just compliments the body style so nicely, make the Stang look even more retro. If I do say so my self 10' stripes with a 1' gap splits the grill and body up perfectly. That being said I like the new silver bullits on some colors. I think the new spoiler looks good from the back but the top of it I am still not sure I like.

Now all that being said I like the GT's front and rear bumper better and I like having painted rockers (heck the past V6's had them) I also like the "GT" fender badges. There is something to be said for the meaner look of those big fogs on the GT as well, I have seen more then my fair share and especially at night they look mean (and it is nice to have those big fogs as driving lights). I like both of the looks about equal (though the GT still edges out) and there is no way I would buy a V6 with out this Pony Package.
Old 2/2/07, 10:17 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Well if anyone with an 07 Pony package in Satin silver wants to swap spoilers... just let me know.
Old 2/2/07, 11:00 AM
Cobra Member

I do like the Pony Package, except for the rocker stripe. I would probably like the stripe if it was solid without the "MUSTANG" lettering or if the lettering was confined to the front fender, under the pony badge.

The suspension improvements definitely make it great from a functional perspective...

If I had gotten a V6, I would have definitely ordered the Pony Package.
Old 2/2/07, 02:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

I like that stripe better than mine
Old 2/2/07, 04:09 PM
V6 Member

Have an 06 PP and think it looks much better. I would like to add a more agressive (GT) front spoiler though.
Old 2/2/07, 04:27 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Fang makes a decent spoiler for the V-6's... It's the chin spoiler I want when I get to that upgrade.

http://www.fangperformance.com/php/i...osition=13:5:9
Old 2/2/07, 09:13 PM
V6 Member

I think the V6 Pony Package is definitely a sweet upgrade to the plain Jane base Mustang. This is my wife's 07.
Attached Thumbnails Pony Package?-pc160124.jpg   Pony Package?-pc160121.jpg  
Old 2/3/07, 03:51 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by TMSBrad
Nice work Jay!
Thank you! Looking forward to seeing PSH with the latest updates!

Quick Reply: Pony Package?