V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Opinions on a V6 5-speed manual

Search this Thread

Old 8/29/07, 03:06 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't understand why anyone who is interested in doing mods to their car would even consider buying a v6. They are great cars (for high school girls)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 8/29/07, 03:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by smileyjoe
I don't understand why anyone who is interested in doing mods to their car would even consider buying a v6. They are great cars (for high school girls)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's a real intelligent post...how old are you?...12 ??? Pretty ignorant for your 2nd post. Nothing like a troll to stir things up,lol!!!
Old 8/29/07, 04:06 PM
GT Member

agreed scootr
Old 8/29/07, 11:07 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by n8rfastback
drive them both, youll get the gt. if you dont, you will be wishing you had
I drove them both, many times, over a month, while I was trying to decide. 8 months with the 6'er and I've got no regrets, especially as the components for my homemade turbo setup come rolling in

The GT just didn't feel several-thousand-dollars faster to me. Gears, T-Lok, CAI, and tune (HUGE difference over stock), and I have a daily driver that puts grins on my face every time.

Now, once I get the turbos installed...
Old 8/30/07, 04:18 AM
Bullitt Member

I too drove both...as much as I loved the V8 I went with the V6 Pony Package for economical reasons. I have no regrets, the 4.0 seems almost as peppy as my old 03 GT vert auto.
Old 8/30/07, 11:53 AM
Cobra R Member

Get a life.
Old 8/30/07, 04:18 PM
V6 Member

Both car's have their place in our lives. gt's are for real men and v6's are for girls and people who can't afford a gt. Comparing a v6 to a gt is like comparing a gt to a shelby, IT DON"T WORK. Hell I can make a pinto go fast if I throw enough money at it.
Old 8/30/07, 04:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Both car's have their place in our lives. gt's are for real men and v6's are for girls and people who can't afford a gt. Comparing a v6 to a gt is like comparing a gt to a shelby, IT DON"T WORK. Hell I can make a pinto go fast if I throw enough money at it.
Showing your lack of intelligence again troll...we all can't have cool rides like your 87 Hyundai ! ...or are you even old enough to drive? I know V6 Pony's aren't real Mustangs even though some are putting 375-400hp to the wheels. I really dislike ignorant people like yourself!
Old 8/30/07, 04:45 PM
Bullitt Member

BTW, let's see your Mustang...not the one your mom or dad owns
Old 8/30/07, 04:50 PM
Cobra R Member

Gotta love elitist GT morons.
Old 8/30/07, 05:07 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Scootr
BTW, let's see your Mustang...not the one your mom or dad owns
I've got a 88 gt convertible and a 2007 vista blue gt 5 spd. I'm telling you,if you are a man and have a v6 car , you are probably one of those guy's that just hasn't came out of the closet yet.
Old 8/30/07, 05:26 PM
Bullitt Member

I've got a 88 gt convertible and a 2007 vista blue gt 5 spd. I'm telling you,if you are a man and have a v6 car , you are probably one of those guy's that just hasn't came out of the closet yet.

Well open the closet little guy and see what's waiting for you . Funny how there's been no pics of said vehicles? Oh why oh why do I feed the trolls?
Old 8/30/07, 05:33 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
c'mon smiley dont start out that way on this forum. this really is a good site and you will come to value the knowledge and friendship you are sure to gain if we can all just be civil.

lets all stop flaming and just cool it off
Old 8/30/07, 05:55 PM
V6 Member

I remember making a similar post to this on MF

I'm a happy v6 Mustang owner. My fast friends drive GMs - LS1 F-bodies, an LS1 C5, and a LS2 GTO. They're all making over 380whp with just headers, intake, tune, and a cam. Which cost them all next to nothing, especially compared to working on 4.6s. The goat driver's going for some headwork later and is considering some boost.

They laugh at the 4.6 V8. Just laugh at it. You have to boost the things just to get them into bolt-on LS1 territory. Boosted/juiced smallblock Chevy? Don't even ask, it's just humiliating.

So I've gotta snicker every time a GT owner thinks he's got God's ***** under the hood - my bowtie friends snicker at 4.6s and say dropping the 302 was the biggest mistake Ford's made since the Mustang II. And apparently Mr. Shelby agrees, since he uses 5.4 in the GT500.

Now can't we all get along?

Edit: I smack them (the Chevy guys) around, btw. Nothing else is a Mustang, no matter what the powerplant. Love 'em all, except the IIs.
Old 8/30/07, 08:04 PM
V6 Member

Listen, I really was just trying to get you guy's raised up. If a v6 is what you like, then more power to you. I think all mustangs are cool. I really do have a 88 gt convert, and a 07 gt and love both of them. I took the 07 to the local 1/8 mile track for the first time and it ran a 8.7 on my first time down the track. by the way, in the other lane was a 5.7 gto that I did beat. I think its great that you guy's defend you car's the way you do, shows how great the stangs really are. Sorry for the smart *** remarks. Just having a little fun....
Old 8/31/07, 12:24 AM
Cobra R Member

Well after listening to your trash, I'll certainly never respect your opinion on this site. I absolutely hate GT drivers who think that are all high and mighty. It's not like you went out and bought a Ferrari or Lamborghini, you really have no reason to be arrogant. (not that they do either) There's plenty of V6s that will absolutely destroy your GT. Grow up.
Old 9/19/07, 12:44 PM
Cobra Member

Listen, I really was just trying to get you guy's raised up. I think its great that you guy's defend you car's the way you do, shows how great the stangs really are. Sorry for the smart *** remarks. Just having a little fun....
That's not having fun, that's being a troll....
Old 9/19/07, 01:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Here's what I honestly think. The two models of mustangs are both good cars. I bought an 06 V6 and loved it for a while. It was manual and was fairly peppy I thought at the time. However, I soon found that I wanted more so I bought a CAI and tune for it which helped out a lot. Then I started wanting to do more and more mods. I decided that I liked the look of the GT front and rear bumpers better plus I wanted more performance and the potential to get around 450 - 500hp when it is off warranty. So I decided to upgrade to the GT and I kinda wish that I had just bought the GT from the start. Comparing the V6 with a CAI/tune to my GT with a CAI/tune is not really that much of a comparison, the GT obviously is a good deal faster. Everbody is different, if you like mild power and a nice drive then get V6. If you like building sleepers or are trying to mod a V6 to show up a GT then buy a V6. However, if you just want good power straight out of the box, then buy the GT. Remember, you can spend however much you want on a V6 making it super fast, but the GT will always have the potential to be faster with the same mods. No replacement for displacement. That said, they are both decent cars, but after owning both models, my advice would be to get the GT if you can afford it, there is just nothing like that V8 rumble!
Old 9/20/07, 08:01 AM
V6 Member

Well said.

At 43 years old......after owning MANY V8 cars/Stangs of old,.....I sampled the new V6 before I got my GT, and was ready to buy if tempted. It is a very nice/peppy car. Overall, enjoyed the ride......

However, the sound that engine made when pushed was just down-right weak IMO. It sounded just horrible to me. Like it was going to explode. Now, I know they are stout engines......but I think Ford should have chosen another mill for the V6, OR.....at least done some tuning to squash that marbles -in -a -blender thing that happens at WOT. the word "ratty" comes to mind. (sorry, just being honest)

Not to mention, that a fully-loaded V6 was not that far in price from my GT. The superior handling and engine were enough to quell any v6 thoughts from my head. The GT pushed is simply the sweetest sound I have ever heard a stock car make, not to mention the performace. Granted, you still have to drive these like you stole em,......but when pushed, they deliver.
Nothing against the 6 bangers, a VERY nice package indeed, but if you are performance minded-and seeking a thrilling ride, the GT is the ONLY choice. I think many guys/gals in my age bracket get seduced by the 6, only to regret it shortly after. The diff in price & insurance is peanuts really.
Old 9/20/07, 09:04 AM

Yeah, I've had my GT for almost a month now and I stand by what I said before:

Go with the GT, it's the more regret-proof option.

Quick Reply: Opinions on a V6 5-speed manual