V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Magnaflow Dual Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 8/16/05, 11:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I swear to God they dont perform differently in this car than in the hundreds of others they're used in. The Xpipe will move the entire power band, shift it upwards. The Hpipe will produce more torque down low. The Hpipe will give the more traditional muslce car sound.

Generally speaking. If you shoot a gas can, generally speaking it blows up. But there might be that 1/1000000 shot that it doesnt. Act of God. Put a midpipe on a car, it generally acts in the same manner. Im sorry if Im wrong, but this is what all my experience has taught me.
Old 9/22/05, 01:03 PM
GT Member

Janet, this is still the nicest looking dual setup I have seen on a V6. Looks great! Still like the sound?
Old 9/24/05, 12:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the same kit and love the sound, but get a rattling sound sometimes. Did you have to have your kit tuned at all after they put it on. I got under it today and its tight and secure, but cant figure out where the rattling is comming from.
Old 9/25/05, 04:45 AM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by slowjoe24@August 15, 2005, 6:38 PM
Wow Janet..............I'm impressed with your duals! Keep up the great work.....Nice Ride!

BTW.....I think the "X-Pipe" will help deepin the sound more on the V6 with duals. Right Guy's??

Yep!! Your exactly right slowjoe.. The HPIPE like Zodiac mentioned has been tested on the 05 V6, with results that are not as impressive as the XPIPE... It is most likley due to the fact theat the HPIPE may benefit a V8 engine more than a V6.. However, I have an XPIPE with Flowmaster's in, and the sound gets better and deeper with more time... My exhaust sounds so good, I was cruising over the Baybridge coming out of San Francisco the other day, and a guy in a new M3 gave me the thumbs up sign.. While cruising over the span, the exhaust echoed the chamber really nicely... I was quite shocked a new M3 owner would even notice it..

For sure go with the XPIPE... Its not that Zodiac is wrong, its just that testing has been done and the XPIPE wins...

My last Dyno with the dual exhaust and XPIPE was pretty impressive.. Without a tune at all, just bone stock computer calibration I'm at
182RWHP, and 217RWTQ... This is up from stock quite abit.. This is without a tune, so for sure the XPIPE does benefit the 05+ V6's.. If any of you still have not installed the XPIPE, your giving up alot of little horses...

I have a sound clip I can email you if your interested..

My Last Dyno #'s

182RWHP----Stock is 178RWHP
217RWTQ----Stock is 204RWTQ
Old 9/27/05, 11:02 AM
GT Member

Hey guys-

Well we make BOTH X pipes and H pipes- so I have nothing to loose either way- so I will be honest-

X pipe hands down- but it has to be the right one-

Some X pipes make the car sound raspy- some have a nice deep tone to them-

I have the X pipe on both of my classics- and they definitely have that "classic" Mustang sound- lol-

The X pipe when paired with the correct muffler, will actually make more torque and hp then the H pipe- but it has to be the right X pipe-

There are several X pipes on the market with no real R&D behind them that will not make any more power then an H and may make less bottom end then an H-

Really saying you have an X pipe is like saying you have a V6- some V6s are made well and some are not-

You cant say I drove a 98 Hyndai Sonota with a V6 and the V6 sucked so the new Mustang V6 must suck because it has a V6 too-

Just like you cant say I had an X with no R&D work behind it and it sounded raspy and made less torque so the Magnaflow must be the same way too-

Off Topic-

Drove my first 05 V6 Stang-

it was a convertible automatic- I was really impressed by the pull, actually suprised me- and was really impressed by how the auto keeps the car in its power band at WOT-