V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Installed my 3.73 and TrueTrac and WOW

Search this Thread

Old 11/24/05, 11:22 AM
MSP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Jimp@November 24, 2005, 10:19 AM
Well, we know that PowerHouse broke his T-Lok at 12.3. He made many other launches at 12.8 and above. I wouldn't try a 150 shot with a T-Lok. I think I read somewhere that he also broke the stock axles before he upgraded to Mosers. I don't know man.
Yeah, at this point I guess I will just have to forgoe the DR's... I'll just stick to my plan with the FRPP and forget about DR's for now.. Powerhouse didnt have his girdled at all... Dont you think the girdle would have saved him?

I just dont like the cost of it breaking.. For dailey use on street tires its fine.. I just hate to think about being so far from home and things like that going out.. I still have faith in it with the girdle, but it sure is risky..
Old 11/24/05, 11:42 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by MSP@November 24, 2005, 2:25 PM
Yeah, at this point I guess I will just have to forgoe the DR's... I'll just stick to my plan with the FRPP and forget about DR's for now.. Powerhouse didnt have his girdled at all... Dont you think the girdle would have saved him?

I just dont like the cost of it breaking.. For dailey use on street tires its fine.. I just hate to think about being so far from home and things like that going out.. I still have faith in it with the girdle, but it sure is risky..
Yes, you are absolutely right! He didn't have a girdle. That could make a big difference. And just hit the juice after the launch. Heck, scrming is wasting time spinning from what he says. You may get better times that way anyway.
Old 11/24/05, 12:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I will be putting a girdle on mine, and having a frined follow me up in his car to the track. I'll have a way back, but it is a scary story. If I blow my tlok, I will probably put in a 8.8 rear end and call it part of evolution.
Old 11/24/05, 03:39 PM

Does anyone know where in the Chicagoland area that will do mod work on the the stang
Old 11/24/05, 03:53 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by MSP@November 24, 2005, 1:25 PM

and remember Mike is doing HARD launches with a manual.... which is a LOT harder on the driveline than an automatic.... I'm launching at 1800 RPM and I'm preloading the driveline which is a lot easier on things than dumping the clutch at 4,000 RPM... it's more a shock to the system...
Old 11/24/05, 04:07 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by scrming@November 24, 2005, 6:56 PM
and remember Mike is doing HARD launches with a manual.... which is a LOT harder on the driveline than an automatic.... I'm launching at 1800 RPM and I'm preloading the driveline which is a lot easier on things than dumping the clutch at 4,000 RPM... it's more a shock to the system...
Ahh, good point! We couldn't launch that hard even if we wanted to. Unless we got a stall converter, which AFAIK, they don't make yet.
Old 11/24/05, 04:11 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Jimp@November 24, 2005, 6:10 PM
Ahh, good point! We couldn't launch that hard even if we wanted to. Unless we got a stall converter, which AFAIK, they don't make yet.

yeah, i think with the girdle and the automatic the 7.5 will hold up pretty well... If all goes as planned I'll find out next spring... hehehehe...
Old 11/24/05, 04:15 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by scrming@November 24, 2005, 7:14 PM
yeah, i think with the girdle and the automatic the 7.5 will hold up pretty well... If all goes as planned I'll find out next spring... hehehehe...
What are you planning now, ya nut!??
Old 11/25/05, 12:15 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by scrming@November 24, 2005, 2:56 PM
Is Mike still using the factory clutch?
Old 11/25/05, 05:21 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by ManEHawke@November 25, 2005, 2:18 AM
Is Mike still using the factory clutch?
yep stock clutch and stock manual tranny.... although the tranny was starting to complain...
Old 11/25/05, 07:24 AM

Originally posted by Jimp@November 24, 2005, 6:18 PM
What are you planning now, ya nut!??

I'll put a $100 bucks down that he is thinking about building a SC/Nitrous combination.
Old 11/25/05, 07:28 AM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by rygenstormlocke@November 25, 2005, 6:27 AM
I'll put a $100 bucks down that he is thinking about building a SC/Nitrous combination.
I dont think so... Thats too much for the SOHC to withstand..

I'll go out on a limb and say he wants a Turbo...
Old 11/25/05, 07:32 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by MSP@November 25, 2005, 10:31 AM

That's what I'm thinking of doing. I hear turbos looove nitrous! Of course, scrming will do it first. I can never keep up with him.
Old 11/25/05, 07:37 AM

Originally posted by MSP@November 25, 2005, 9:31 AM

Is that because you can do a two stage system with turbos, i.e. nitrous on launch....while the turbos spin up on the 2nd half of the run? Because with a turbo the HP is not available right away??? With the SC it is there right off the bat....all correct here?
Old 11/25/05, 07:40 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by rygenstormlocke@November 25, 2005, 10:40 AM
Is that because you can do a two stage system with turbos, i.e. nitrous on launch....while the turbos spin up on the 2nd half of the run? Because with a turbo the HP is not available right away??? With the SC it is there right off the bat....all correct here?
That's what I was thinking too. Just a 75 shot to get you going.
Old 11/25/05, 07:49 AM
MSP
Banned

A 75shot at launch would be good.. By the time you get through the 1st 1/8th, the Turbo could carry you through to the finish...

Jimp, I actually think you will do it first.. LOL!! No one can keep up with Scrming.. But you have secretly been upgrading.. Not really, you always put it in the sig... You guys have very understanding wives... LOL!! Lucky..
Old 11/25/05, 08:07 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by rygenstormlocke@November 25, 2005, 9:40 AM
depends on the type of S/C unit.... with roots or twin screw you get the low end oomph... like the Eaton that makes 70% of it's boost by 1800RPM... a centrif. is more in the 3500+ RPM range...

Zex actually has jets for 55HP...

I know there are guys that will have their S/C in way before I do.... So I won't be first in that department... but I'm guessing these S/C units won't be overly agressive out of the box.... so my numbers and ET maybe be pretty good for a while... LOL!
Old 11/25/05, 09:28 AM

Originally posted by MSP@November 25, 2005, 9:52 AM
A 75shot at launch would be good.. By the time you get through the 1st 1/8th, the Turbo could carry you through to the finish...

Jimp, I actually think you will do it first.. LOL!! No one can keep up with Scrming.. But you have secretly been upgrading.. Not really, you always put it in the sig... You guys have very understanding wives... LOL!! Lucky..

Understanding wife, yea right, I wish. I had to give my wife hardwood floors and a new truck so I could do my list of mods. Donald Trump should hire her. This morning over breakfast, we were going over my bonus money in january, and now she is pushing back on a 4k investment in the car, luckily my dad is here this week trying to help convince her that I need to add power to the car (he is a bus mechanic, and if you are wondering why I don't know more about cars, I ended up going the computer geek route...so now I'm playing catch up with my dad and everyone else). LOL. I will have to bribe her with something.
Old 11/25/05, 10:10 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by rygenstormlocke@November 25, 2005, 11:31 AM
Understanding wife, yea right, I wish. I had to give my wife hardwood floors and a new truck so I could do my list of mods. Donald Trump should hire her. This morning over breakfast, we were going over my bonus money in january, and now she is pushing back on a 4k investment in the car, luckily my dad is here this week trying to help convince her that I need to add power to the car (he is a bus mechanic, and if you are wondering why I don't know more about cars, I ended up going the computer geek route...so now I'm playing catch up with my dad and everyone else). LOL. I will have to bribe her with something.

gosh... sounds sooooo familar.... I'm even a computer geek too.... my big bonus next spring is already earmarked for a new roof....
Old 11/25/05, 10:12 AM
GT Member

Funny same story here... My dad was a mill mechanic and I ended up a computer geek as well I work on servers, networks, and workstations during the week and then my stang during my free time...

Now I had to compromise with my wife too. They don;t seem as eager or understanding when it comes to modding your car. It seems like I have to double the price of every mod I make, because then she wants the same to spend on her stuff And that's for the stuff I know about !

Last mod cost me custom window treatments for the Den and Living Room - But its worth it

BTW rygenstormlocke - try a mink coat, that's what its costing me in the spring for the s/c

Quick Reply: Installed my 3.73 and TrueTrac and WOW