V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Has any V6 owner......

Search this Thread

Old 11/19/05, 09:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by clockworks@November 18, 2005, 5:44 PM
If you want a GT and can afford it, go for it. I'd get the 2007 Shelby GT500 if I could afford it, and ditch this POS GT...

I have no hate for V6 owners, I always wave to them (all S197s actually)...shame most of them don't wave back.

P.S. Just kidding about the POS remark. I just meant to show that upgrading, or wanting to, doesn't mean you think what you have currently is a POS.

You'd get a wave back from me, LOL. I wave to all S197's.
Old 11/19/05, 11:53 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally posted by 05blackV6@November 18, 2005, 7:39 PM
... I'm not saying the GT is pointless, but to loose 10,000 or more or less on the tradin is.

You are concerned about losing $10K trading in a GT, so you pay $26K for a V6.
Do you think the Pentagon is still buying the famous $500 hammers?

Old 11/19/05, 11:54 AM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 11/21/05, 12:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Up side: money power, better sound, great acceleration, more stuff available to add to your car

Down side: more money for insurance (how much though?); lower gas mileage, taking a loss on your V6.

Ignor side: all those GT owners who think having a V6 means you CAN'T possibly want to add stuff and make it 'better.'

I have to hand the 'screw-loose' award to those fewGT owners that think having a V6 cheapens the Mustang.
Old 11/21/05, 12:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by htwag@November 21, 2005, 3:21 PM
I have to hand the 'screw-loose' award to those fewGT owners that think having a V6 cheapens the Mustang.
Yeah some people are pathetic.
Old 11/21/05, 12:57 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by 05blackV6@November 18, 2005, 7:53 PM
Sounds like the V6 Standard coupes I saw today. Man the stripped down stang....doesn't even look like a stang.

Agreed clockworks. The V6 looks more retro without the oversized fog lights.
:scratch: I guess you never saw a 67 or 68 then.
Old 11/21/05, 12:59 PM
Cobra Member

I also had the option of getting a GT but this is my first sports car I have always had sedans or my Truck so I was in to hurry to jump right into a V8. I am proud of my V6 and seeing as it is just as fast as the 98 GT I drove oh so many years ago thats fine for me. If you want a GT and can afford it get one I personally would still buy my V6 if given the chance again. Oh and incase this point was not addressed it's stupid to buy somthing just to fit in. Not saying thats the case though.
Old 11/21/05, 03:36 PM
V6 Member

I am going through this right now. When the we bought the V6 (Michelle), we knew it was an interim solution. We had originally planned on purchasing a 2006 GT. We have a '66 coupe w/ the 289 4bbl. The GT just feels closer to that car (even though the V6 probably has more power than my '66).

I am in the process of purchasing a GT, hopefully this week. The V6 has been great, no question. However, I've wanted the GT since it came out, and now I have the opportunity to get it. I'm also going to get a manual, leather, and full IUP this time, all things I wanted before, but didn't really have the opportunity to get.

I say, do what you want, and enjoy either one of the cars! They're both great!

joe
Old 11/21/05, 07:49 PM

Spend a few extra bucks and order the side airbags.
Old 11/21/05, 08:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by JoeInAZ@November 21, 2005, 6:39 PM
I am going through this right now. When the we bought the V6 (Michelle), we knew it was an interim solution. We had originally planned on purchasing a 2006 GT. We have a '66 coupe w/ the 289 4bbl. The GT just feels closer to that car (even though the V6 probably has more power than my '66).

I am in the process of purchasing a GT, hopefully this week. The V6 has been great, no question. However, I've wanted the GT since it came out, and now I have the opportunity to get it. I'm also going to get a manual, leather, and full IUP this time, all things I wanted before, but didn't really have the opportunity to get.

I say, do what you want, and enjoy either one of the cars! They're both great!

joe
Good luck with your GT man!!!! As for me, I 've decided to stick with my V6. I think I'm gonna put the pony grill on and the side emblems on the fenders and call it a day.
Old 11/23/05, 05:29 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Alllrighty then.
Lets just rename this the All Sixes Suck and All Gts are great Forum.

Why Can't someone be pleased with what they have without someone else thinking they "settled"

Forgive me for being one of the ones who WANTED a V6 and a year later is still ***** to the wall in love with it.

I adore my mustang- and thats the important thing. The aggravation is having spent the last 11 months and 28 days defending my choice to buy what I did.
Old 11/23/05, 07:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Keep sticking to your guns as will I. I do love my V6 and I finally realized why I chose it. While I won't get into it those reasons here I figure who needs a 300 hp GT when you could get a 2000 Viper GTS for about 39,000 whith 450 hp V-10?

Thread:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=39255

Ahhhh I hope one day my pony will have a big brother.

(The entire forum shouts to me "Keep Dreamin Buddy!!!)
Old 11/23/05, 07:41 AM

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@November 23, 2005, 8:32 AM
...Why Can't someone be pleased with what they have without someone else thinking they "settled" ...
The bashing comes from both sides.

Right of the bat this topic was started with exposing some of the GT's negatives according to one who "settled" for a V6 trying to justify the better choice. It is a fact most people do not like to have their choices critizied specially when the one being critical appears not to have the best of judgement. It happens quite frequently. I've have read countless of posts here where individuals have praised any given item only to bash that very same item when they change their minds and make the "better" choice, whether the model, color, or whatever that might be.

What sets Mustangs apart are the upgrades but apparently not to many realize that fact otherwise it is mostly basic. With all the positives Mustang offers it is unfortunate there is so much competition and ignorance among this group.
Old 11/23/05, 08:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Bottom line is people have to appreciate what they DO have. I came to realize this recently and I'm a better happier person for it. This car competition is bull. Wether you have a V6 or a GT be thankful you have one because there are plenty who don't have any. Someone bullys you or makes fun of your car, screw them. They are pathetic, shallow people who have huge egos on a power trip. Thank God for what you have and enjoy your ride man!!!
Old 11/23/05, 08:48 AM

Originally posted by 1 BULLITT@November 23, 2005, 9:44 AM
The bashing comes from both sides.

Right of the bat this topic was started with exposing some of the GT's negatives according to one who "settled" for a V6 trying to justify the better choice. It is a fact most people do not like to have their choices critizied specially when the one being critical appears not to have the best of judgement. It happens quite frequently. I've have read countless of posts here where individuals have praised any given item only to bash that very same item when they change their minds and make the "better" choice, whether the model, color, or whatever that might be.

What sets Mustangs apart are the upgrades but apparently not to many realize that fact otherwise it is mostly basic. With all the positives Mustang offers it is unfortunate there is so much competition and ignorance among this group.

Well said. Personally I love all mustangs, I had a V8 5.0 prior to this one and love them both.
Old 11/23/05, 09:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Wow,

Let's see,

The V6 Guys are parinoid and the GT guys are A holes.....

This is a really silly debate. However, I see nothing wrong with moving from an Auto V6 to a Manual GT if that is what you want and you can afford to take the loss...

Shelby showed recently that the V6 can be very powerful and very cool....

Here is a quote from the article:

"...What we have created is a intercooled, supercharged V6 Mustang that will eat up any stock V8 Mustang GT on the road today in the areas of raw acceleration, top speed, quarter-mile ET, cornering, and braking, and look fantastic doing it. We are scheduled to start upgrading customers' V6 Mustangs on March 1, 2006...."

http://www.motorcities.com/contents/05K3F145419318.html

If I was going to buy a Stock GT for say 25-30k I would certianly rather have the 350rwhp Shelby v6 for 35K....
Old 11/23/05, 09:36 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by sranger@November 23, 2005, 11:36 AM
This is a really silly debate. However, I see nothing wrong with moving from an Auto V6 to a Manual GT if that is what you want and you can afford to take the loss...
Smarter words have never been typed. I can't still believe this post is alive. I don't think anyone in this thread ever bashed a V6, or a GT for that matter.

I sense a thread lock coming on soon.
Old 11/23/05, 03:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 05blackV6@November 23, 2005, 11:51 AM
Bottom line is people have to appreciate what they DO have. I came to realize this recently and I'm a better happier person for it. This car competition is bull. Wether you have a V6 or a GT be thankful you have one because there are plenty who don't have any. Someone bullys you or makes fun of your car, screw them. They are pathetic, shallow people who have huge egos on a power trip. Thank God for what you have and enjoy your ride man!!!

Amen...I don't have either one and would give a left nut for a V6!!!
Old 11/23/05, 03:50 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by P_Kiley@November 15, 2005, 11:47 PM
I could have had either. Bought the six because handling is more important to me than pure acceleration, and the six has more potential there.
I'm a Massachusetts Native. Born and raised in Foxboro, MA before moving to ATL. Let me come to the defense of my fellow native bay-stater as I understand the terms & words of folks there. So, Stop yah flames!!

1. V6 weighs 150 lbs less than the v8 -- esp in the Front end. that is important to avoid Front-Weight bias. This WILL help handling.

2. For upgrade potential, if you are into heavy suspension / handling mods, its less of a waste of money on a GT than a V6. For example, the GT has a factory aftermarket stabilizer bar that comes as part of the 6K+ premium for buying a GT.
If a person were to buy a custom aftermarket bar, (say Steeda or Saleen) they'd be wasting less money on the V6 as the V6 has no bar in the back currently. Purchasing an expensive Detroit TrueTrac rear axle would be another example --- The GT has a limited slip which would be ditched into the grease can, while the V6 has a much less expensive open-ended-only rear axle which would be canned during this upgrade.
Old 11/23/05, 05:01 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Yeah, but guess what...
THe parts that are taken out..
I can sell to a V6 owner :P