V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Has any V6 owner......

Search this Thread

Old 11/17/05, 12:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funny, I was originally looking at an 03 mach 1 here with low miles, but the car faqs report had it listed as stolen and I didn't like that, plus I really fell in love with the new body style.
Old 11/17/05, 01:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 05blackV6@November 15, 2005, 11:52 PM
Question,

Justed popped into mind. How much you think it would cost to put a manual in my V6?

A lot. Think about it. You paid prolly 800 for the auto, and now you're willing to pay a few thousand for manual(which would normally be no extra cost as an upgrade. IF you'r goinbg that road might as well by a GT.
Old 11/17/05, 07:16 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by MSP@November 16, 2005, 12:39 PM
I look at it like this 05blackV6..

As a V6 owner, I am a less desirable member.. I must be carefull how I respond to GT owners at all times, because as a V6 owner I am always one good argument away from being banned.. My membership always hangs in the balance, because I am not a GT owner.. If I were to get into a debate with a GT owner, and he called me a name, I would have to accept this if I value my mebership at this website or any other for that matter..

So I am a V6 owner.. Am I a less desireable online personality for it? Probably.. Would me being gone impact the community, definately not.. As a V6 owner, you have to understand your position is society.. 2nd class.. Do not argue from a standpoint of being proud to own a V6.. This is shunned.. Do not feel justified in your purchase because insurance is cheaper, and with a few mods, your are able to keep up and beat a stock GT..

For these reasons, I must agree with Adrenalin.. I like this website, and value my membership.. Do most guys dislike me here because I show pride in the V6, absolutley.. Will I trade in my V6 and eat 6 or 7K so that I can fit in better with most of the most liked members? No, of course not.. I will just watch what I say at all times, and respect the opinions of GT owners..

I am now agreeing with Adrenaline here.. So yes, trade in your V6.. Its garbage.. It should have never been made.. You made a mistake buying it.. You will be more respected as a GT owner.. How many of us like to have our views and opinions respected? All of us.. So I say we should all start to conform to the standards of a GT.. Show no pride in owning a V6 Mustang.. You are not respected for your views, because you own a V6.. LOL!!!

I'll keep my V6, and be disliked and disrespected for my views.. No thanks.. I like money!

are you kidding me? some people here on tms never cease to amaze me. you wanna see v6 bashing? go over to stangnet and just try to post anything in the 4.6 forum and youll get called all kinds of names including "ricer" among others. they actually encourage v6 bashing there and people start threads about how much they hate v6's.

tms is completely different. everyone here is obviously more mature and respects everyone else. ive NEVER seen v6 bashing here. it seems that nowadays a gt owner cant even tout the benefits of the gt without having a v6 owner screaming about v6 bashing.

if you get a ton of crap from other people about "shoulda bought the 8 cyl" then dont blame it on tms. i dont see any of that junk here. everyone here respects mustangs. if someone says something nasty about v6's then theyre only showing their own ignorance.

i bought my gt earlier this summer....at the time i thought i would be looking for a v6 just for financial reasons. turned out i worked some extra hours and made a few adjustments and was able to get the gt. worked out awesome...but i would have been happy with a v6. its still a mustang and i would have loved it just the same. sure there would have been people who said "oh thats not a REAL mustang" but there are always morons like that. theyre similar to the people who say "oh if you dont have a manual its not a real sports car". the bottom line is get what you like, and if its a mustang its cool no matter what model.

all that being said its puzzling that gt owners cant even act like their cars are superior WHEN THEY ARE. it would be like saying a bmw 3 series is as nice as the 7 series. theyre both awesome cars but the bottom line is that the 7 series is a nicer car. same thing with mustangs. the v6 is cool too, just happens that the gt has some more options and is nicer.

if i had to pick another car to drive besides my gt, my first choice would be a v6 mustang.

sorry to rant, but i just cant believe you would make a statement like that. ive been on TMS forever even though i dont post much...and ive NEVER seen the kind of stuff you describe.
Old 11/17/05, 07:37 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Looks like we have quite a few who read Motor Trend around here, and believe it.

Old 11/17/05, 07:55 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by StangFan@November 17, 2005, 6:19 PM
are you kidding me? some people here on tms never cease to amaze me. you wanna see v6 bashing? go over to stangnet and just try to post anything in the 4.6 forum and youll get called all kinds of names including "ricer" among others. they actually encourage v6 bashing there and people start threads about how much they hate v6's.

tms is completely different. everyone here is obviously more mature and respects everyone else. ive NEVER seen v6 bashing here. it seems that nowadays a gt owner cant even tout the benefits of the gt without having a v6 owner screaming about v6 bashing.

if you get a ton of crap from other people about "shoulda bought the 8 cyl" then dont blame it on tms. i dont see any of that junk here. everyone here respects mustangs. if someone says something nasty about v6's then theyre only showing their own ignorance.

i bought my gt earlier this summer....at the time i thought i would be looking for a v6 just for financial reasons. turned out i worked some extra hours and made a few adjustments and was able to get the gt. worked out awesome...but i would have been happy with a v6. its still a mustang and i would have loved it just the same. sure there would have been people who said "oh thats not a REAL mustang" but there are always morons like that. theyre similar to the people who say "oh if you dont have a manual its not a real sports car". the bottom line is get what you like, and if its a mustang its cool no matter what model.

all that being said its puzzling that gt owners cant even act like their cars are superior WHEN THEY ARE. it would be like saying a bmw 3 series is as nice as the 7 series. theyre both awesome cars but the bottom line is that the 7 series is a nicer car. same thing with mustangs. the v6 is cool too, just happens that the gt has some more options and is nicer.

if i had to pick another car to drive besides my gt, my first choice would be a v6 mustang.

sorry to rant, but i just cant believe you would make a statement like that. ive been on TMS forever even though i dont post much...and ive NEVER seen the kind of stuff you describe.

My post after this one was PUN! TMS is an awsome site, with most members being really kool in terms of V6 acceptance.. So I was only kidding.. The entire post was a PUN..

TMS is great, and moderators like Adrenalin are real kool... LOL!! Somehow, lots of people missed my post to Adrenalin about the PUN.. I can understand, sometimes you read something and quickely have a reply to it.. Instead of reading the entire thread, you just hit reply and rant.. I'm guilty of doing it to..
Old 11/17/05, 08:01 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

:scratch:

I am going to hades cause I like, no LOVE my six...And Don't want a GT.

Oh well.
Old 11/17/05, 08:03 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Now, my CO Mach is another story, I know.
Old 11/17/05, 08:04 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by JeffreyDJ@November 17, 2005, 9:06 PM
Now, my CO Mach is another story, I know.
Yea you suck.

Now I would maybe Cheat on Ellie with that one.......
Old 11/17/05, 09:01 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
:gasp: :shock:
Old 11/18/05, 06:52 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by MSP@November 17, 2005, 10:58 PM

TMS is great, and moderators like Adrenalin are real kool... LOL!!

Thanks, I think :scratch:
Old 11/18/05, 11:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well I will chime in here.... If ya want to get a GT and can afford it then do it. Don't let any of the BS V6 vs GT crap sway ya.

As for the V6, I love mine. I have had Mustangs all my life. From a 70 BOSS 302, 73 Mach I, 76 Cobra II,84 5.0 HO and now the 05 V6. And other than my 70 BOSS, this is quicker than all of them. I have a 67 coupe Im restoring right now with a 289 that stock only put out 200hp.
So most of the people who "bash" the V6 are the ones who know very little about Mustangs. The 05 V6 is a very nice car with great potential. Be proud of what you have !!!
Old 11/18/05, 03:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

If you want a GT and can afford it, go for it. I'd get the 2007 Shelby GT500 if I could afford it, and ditch this POS GT...

I have no hate for V6 owners, I always wave to them (all S197s actually)...shame most of them don't wave back.

P.S. Just kidding about the POS remark. I just meant to show that upgrading, or wanting to, doesn't mean you think what you have currently is a POS.
Old 11/18/05, 03:50 PM

Originally posted by adrenalin@November 18, 2005, 9:55 AM
... I think :scratch:

Is that seasonal, mandatory, or optional?

Old 11/18/05, 04:07 PM
Bullitt Member

I am proud I have my V6 and will continue to enjoy it for years to come.

Saw the GT I would have gotten today. Fully loaded Black, dark char int, stick.

Didn't drive it, but my desicion was already made. If I got it first that is a different story, but it's pointless to waste so much money on the same exact car with a V8 and overly sized fog lights. Don't get me wrong I think the GTs are darn nice, just not worth the money I'd loose considering what you get.

Rather save for a Vette or a Viper so my little pony has a big brother. ( Sorry to all Anti-Chevy and Dodge people.)

Besides I couldn't part with it anyway. Things just too darn nice!!!!! My only regret is I wish mine had a stick. O well won't kill me.

Thank you all for your input and happy driving whatever Mustangs you may drive!!!!!!!
Old 11/18/05, 04:30 PM

Originally posted by 05blackV6@November 18, 2005, 7:10 PM
... it's pointless to waste so much money on the same exact car with a V8 and overly sized fog lights...
Not to be imprudent, how much did you pay for your V6?
Old 11/18/05, 04:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Too much I found out.

I'm not saying the GT is pointless, but to loose 10,000 or more or less on the tradin is.

Although I love my car I am pissed to know that a GT is 1,000 more than mine!!
Old 11/18/05, 04:41 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Speaking of V6 mustangs there was one following me today and i really thought the car looked really sad... very straight face with droopy eyes... I thought to myself...Ford made the GTs have a grin well the V6 looks rather bored..

I said "cheer up V6 Mustang, You are just as important as the GT's If it wasn't for you there wouldn't be any GT's."
The car stared blankly at me with the same sad face. It replied,"Thank you" I replied"...no...thank you" A single tear rolled down my cheek.
Old 11/18/05, 04:45 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Ahhhh But they had a mustang!

For the record Ellie was 18 grand... And I love the hades out of her.
Maybe next year I will add a GT to the stable for Brian, but I am satisfied.
Old 11/18/05, 04:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Knight@November 18, 2005, 5:44 PM
Speaking of V6 mustangs there was one following me today and i really thought the car looked really sad... very straight face with droopy eyes... I thought to myself...Ford made the GTs have a grin well the V6 looks rather bored..

I said "cheer up V6 Mustang, You are just as important as the GT's If it wasn't for you there wouldn't be any GT's."
The car stared blankly at me with the same sad face. It replied,"Thank you" I replied"...no...thank you" A single tear rolled down my cheek.
Haha, funny...:P I actually kinda like the V6 grill. It reminds me of the 07 Shelby GT500 grill.
Old 11/18/05, 04:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Knight@November 18, 2005, 7:44 PM
Ford made the GTs have a grin well the V6 looks rather bored..

Sounds like the V6 Standard coupes I saw today. Man the stripped down stang....doesn't even look like a stang.

Agreed clockworks. The V6 looks more retro without the oversized fog lights.