V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Has any V6 owner......

Search this Thread

Old 11/16/05, 11:41 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally posted by MSP@November 16, 2005, 1:39 PM
I look at it like this 05blackV6..

As a V6 owner, I am a less desirable member..
Why would you say that? :scratch: I think most (including the Mods/Admins) would disagree with that statement. We welcome all members so the above statement seems a little out of place . . . .heck JGSmuzzy has a V6 and he's a Mod.
Old 11/16/05, 11:41 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by MSP@November 16, 2005, 1:39 PM
I look at it like this 05blackV6..

As a V6 owner, I am a less desirable member.. I must be carefull how I respond to GT owners at all times, because as a V6 owner I am always one good argument away from being banned.. My membership always hangs in the balance, because I am not a GT owner.. If I were to get into a debate with a GT owner, and he called me a name, I would have to accept this if I value my mebership at this website or any other for that matter..

Ya... No.

Boomer had a V6 for years, was a mod. We currently have other mods that have a six. I had a six when I first joined. We have many other members with sixes. We appreciate all of their inputs. If you'd like to discuss this further, PM me.
Old 11/16/05, 11:42 AM
MSP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by adrenalin@November 16, 2005, 10:41 AM
What? I was on your side on that one.....some people these days

Just a PUN guys... Of course I'm not serious.. Arenalin and JefferyDJ are real cool.. I just used Adrenalin as an example.. He's kool people..

But my point was, dont feel bad about your decision, because your ride is kool man... Its worthy..

@Adrenanlin

I was trying to make a point.. You just happen to be the mod who I used, cause I like you..LOL!!
Old 11/16/05, 11:44 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
man, everyone uses me for an example. Class, look at adrenalin standing in the corner... you don't want to be like him do you......

Oh the memories....where is my prozac
Old 11/16/05, 11:54 AM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by adrenalin@November 16, 2005, 10:47 AM
man, everyone uses me for an example. Class, look at adrenalin standing in the corner... you don't want to be like him do you......

LOL!! My point was, some guys cant stand the heat which comes from owning the 05 V6's.. I would have never bought this car if I thought it was not a hopefull Mustang.. For me this is my first V6 Stang..

The GT when acquired for $25,800 is the best value money can buy in terms of pure performance.. You get alot of little pieces as well as HP..

However, the new V6's is good for owners with alot of patience, because you understand you will want upgrades... The car can get there, but it will still exceed the price of a GT which is bought at $25800.. But everyone has different circumstances based on the area they live, and whats available.. I never even considered ordering a GT to get it at a cheaper price.. But I will not even consider trading in my Stang for a GT..

The wife already promised me a $40K GT500.. Now all I have to do is wait for that to happen.. Until then, I'm carrying the water for the V6's..
Old 11/16/05, 12:38 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Arrow

The wife already promised me a $40K GT500.. Now all I have to do is wait for that to happen.. Until then, I'm carrying the water for the V6's..
hahah,

Why get the GT500, when you can get 400RWHP outta the 6 for way cheaper???
Old 11/16/05, 12:44 PM

Originally posted by Boomer@November 16, 2005, 2:41 PM
hahah,

Exactly my point.

or buy a 25K GT and throw an extra 18K at it.
Old 11/16/05, 12:44 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by Boomer@November 16, 2005, 11:41 AM
hahah,

It is unfortunate that it has come to this..

However, because my wife promised me a GT500 for $40K.. Being a family man, I must disccuss all purchases with my wife, and value her input.. My wife actually told me to get a Black Roush Mustang for $36K, but I decided against it, because I felt it wasnt worth the money.. However, a GT500 is worth $40K, and so I will get this, when I can get one for $40K..

Thus my reason to responding to the HTT GT500 thread.. Hopefully we all stick together on the pricing, so that getting one for $40K wont be a problem.. Until then I will refrain from any more debates about the V6 at this website, because I cant fight mods..
Old 11/16/05, 12:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by JeffreyDJ@November 16, 2005, 1:37 PM
This has gotta be the quote of the year! Please explain.

I do have to chime in here, I love my 6 but I don't get this one. A V6 has more handling potential? Both cars are on the same frame, suspension parts can be changed out easily on both.

:scratch:
Old 11/16/05, 01:19 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
If I were you, I'd just get the GT for 25k and mod it to be faster than the GT500.

but back to the original topic...

Again, it has to be worth it.
Is it worth the hit to trade up one year later?
or wait at least 3 years and then get an 08? or even wait till 09 with more power..and you'll have more money?

Do you really need the V8 right now....

Ask George, he's used to trading up
Old 11/16/05, 03:11 PM
Queen Of Nascar

First off, I never felt any "different" as a member here when I owned a V6. My reasoning was, I ordered my first 05 V6 before pricing was released and was afraid of pricing myself out of the car so I ordered it pretty bare. There were alot of options I would have got if I had known pricing for sure. My circumstances also changed during the year and I realized I could afford more car payment.
Second, I liked the fog lights, and extra power from the GT. I did not want to mod my V6 with fogs because (my opinion) that would have been making it look like something it was not. Sure, you can put a super charger on it, but its still a V6 motor. If you are going to do all that, why not start with a V8.
I did not take a big hit from trade in at all. I did not have to put up any money out of pocket and ended up with a payment I could live with. Insurance is no excuse. Mine only increased by $30 a year.
That said, I loved my V6 and was very proud of it.

Bottom line...make yourself happy, you only live once.
Old 11/16/05, 03:46 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@November 16, 2005, 12:47 PM

Thanks, Adrenaline! Almost forgot to take mine tonight.
Old 11/16/05, 04:06 PM
Cobra R Member

nobody should feel inferior with the v6, its a cool car. I dont have one at all, but hopefully that will change soon. I am def. going to get the v-8, but i just like the fog lights and the power. But i would be happy with a v6 too/. i mean my current daily driver is a 2.0 jetta, so trading to a v6 would be cool

if you really want the gt, and you can afford it, go for itm but the v6 is still a sweet car.
Old 11/16/05, 04:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

v6 has better weight distribution than the GT, thats the only thing I can think that would add to better handling than the GT. With the same upgrades the GT can take you have a much stiffer frame for the amount of power you're putting out. Really hard to answer this one

MSP's the local zealot, but his lecture isnt without foundation. Ive been reading various forums for over two years now researching and reading about this car.. The only constant factor has been 'v6 sucks you're an idiot for buying it v8 power-Yeah!' Its not like this everywhere, and better in places than others. Not every user is like this, but if I had a nickel for every time Ive heard it Id own a GT. It just gets old, and we all deal with it in different ways.
Old 11/16/05, 04:39 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Good thing Chuck Norris isn't a moderator here

I'd say if the price is right go for the GT, take a test drive I am sure you will love it.

With the car in high demand and only a year old I don't think you'll take too much of a hit. You could modify your V6 to bigger wheels, brakes, suspension bits, not to mention engine mods to get GT performance but you will be spending more than the price difference of getting the GT.
Old 11/16/05, 05:26 PM

Originally posted by Donna@November 16, 2005, 5:14 PM
First off, I never felt any "different" as a member here when I owned a V6. My reasoning was, I ordered my first 05 V6 before pricing was released and was afraid of pricing myself out of the car so I ordered it pretty bare. There were alot of options I would have got if I had known pricing for sure. My circumstances also changed during the year and I realized I could afford more car payment.
Second, I liked the fog lights, and extra power from the GT. I did not want to mod my V6 with fogs because (my opinion) that would have been making it look like something it was not. Sure, you can put a super charger on it, but its still a V6 motor. If you are going to do all that, why not start with a V8.
I did not take a big hit from trade in at all. I did not have to put up any money out of pocket and ended up with a payment I could live with. Insurance is no excuse. Mine only increased by $30 a year.
That said, I loved my V6 and was very proud of it.

Bottom line...make yourself happy, you only live once.

Good points here, but it is situational based. Insurance is a valid reason for many, including myself which would have been over 100 more a month. The car payments was easy, just couldn't swallow the insurance with everything else going on.

So, to that point, don't make asumptions. There are so many factors that go into buying a car. I'm not sure where you live, but around here when I got my 6, the GT's were going for 32 and the GT Verts were going for 35. None of the dealers would honor the xplan or any other plans around here as well...they only started doing it recently.

Both are great cars, and both are stangs and that is all that matters.
Old 11/16/05, 08:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Back on topic. I'm gonna look at / test drive a GT friday. I'll let you know my feelings then.

PRIDE FOR THE V6!!!!!!
Old 11/16/05, 09:14 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Galaxie@November 16, 2005, 5:42 PM
Good thing Chuck Norris isn't a moderator here
*cough*JefferyDJ*cough*

oh please chuck, dont use your ninja skills on me!

and just to be on topic, there will be a definate feelable change in power from a V6 to GT, you just gotta ask urself, is it worth the extra few grand

and while we're talking about takingg the base model car and modding it to outperform higher up models...

you should all sell your 05s and get a II for about $3K and then pump it $22K worth of mods!!!
Old 11/16/05, 09:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

I say go for what you afford and live comfortably with. For me I could ahve gotten a GT, but knew there were other expenses I needed to take care of as well and didn't wnat to be strapped for $$ for a while. My plan is to get a SE in a few years (08 Bullit, mach 1 anybody?!?!?).
Old 11/17/05, 08:13 AM

I took a similiar but opposite approach. I got the Mach in 03, will pay it off and get either an SE or GT500 then. Best of both worlds then