Old 12/10/05, 02:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 12/10/05, 02:07 PM

Try this, it's different....all the kids in my neighborhood say it adds 50HP:

Old 12/10/05, 02:10 PM

Originally posted by Belial@December 9, 2005, 9:05 PM
The guys there are guessing (conservatively) around 285-290 peak TQ, which is definitely well under scrming's absurd figures! The horsepower numbers, though... well, ~300 RWHP for a v6 auto is pretty much beyond my expectations. I hate to say this, because I hate Procharger's advertising attitude, but... believe the hype. They're putting out every bit as much power as they advertised.

Now the biggest determinant should really be my 1/4 mile slips. I won't know what those are until this tune is finished and until I at least get my detroit truetrac in the back.

And, scrming, I think you're right on the injector issue. I know Procharger FINALLY agreed (just today in fact, when I got the car back) to eat the cost of the injectors, so they won't cost me a darn thing. (And Ryan's Performance said they'd instally 'em for free). If that IS the case, this whole problem should be fixed pretty easily.

I gotta say, though, after taking the car down the highway earlier today, I'm getting hooked. It's like driving an entirely new car. My dad has a 2005 Boxster S which I've had the pleasure of opening up, and while the feeling isn't QUITE the same (The boxster is a mid-engined, zippy, high-revving little cuss), I'd say I could probably hang with him, certainly once the tune is finished.

Hey, will the guys at the shop shoot you an email while you are out of the country to keep you posted? How long will you be gone? I'm dying to find out what your final numbers will look like.
Old 12/10/05, 02:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by rygenstormlocke@December 10, 2005, 5:10 PM
Try this, it's different....all the kids in my neighborhood say it adds 50HP:

Y U dissin' my spoiler, yo! :angry:
Old 12/10/05, 02:35 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by scrming@December 10, 2005, 12:54 PM
Here ya go!!! LOL!!!!

LOL!! That looks good for about 22PSI!
Old 12/10/05, 06:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Finely get a good thread going, and you guys load it up with poo pics.
Old 12/10/05, 06:43 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by BurntPony@December 10, 2005, 5:05 PM
Finely get a good thread going, and you guys load it up with poo pics.
Not me.. Hopefully the author will tell me some more stories about his car.. I feel like a kid at a candy store, when he says how the Procharger sound is alittle loud.. LOL!! I wouldnt have it any other way.. I never said I wanted my car to be a sleeper.. make it loud, or dont make it is my motto..

I would love to hear it, thats for sure..
Old 12/10/05, 06:45 PM
V6 Member

I was actually thinking about getting a VTECH sticker as my next mod.

They're good for like 5% more horsepower. 10% if you have a type R sticker right under it.

I'm leaving the 19th, I'll be back the 26th. That gives them a solid week to work out all the kinks... believe me, they want big numbers as much as I do, I think after all this work they won't be satisfied with anything less than amazing performance.

As for other mods, I DO have magnaflow duals on there, which should be helping a good bit. I got them a few months ago, knowing I'd be putting a blower on, and I wouldn't be surprised if they're giving me another 10+ to the wheels over the stock exhaust.

TJ06- Procharger isn't getting any R&D outta my car, everything the tuner does is staying in house. Ryan's Performance figures if they're going to develop a tune, it's going to be theirs. If anybody in North Carolina/South Carolina is thinking about getting this kit, Ryan's is the place to go. They'll have most likely a better tune than the ones coming with the kit, they've put serious hours into collaborating with Diablo to iron out all the problems.

But as for the '06 issue, I need to check on that. My car is an '05, but apparently some of the software is identical. I don't know if there was an update when I took it into the shop last or what. Early on, Diablo mentioned there was an issue with the '06 software, and that might be it, but they were scratching their heads when they found out I had an '05. I do need to check back in with them. Rest assured, I will come back with ALL the details. I told the guys at the shop I was writing a full review, and they said they'd be more than happy to tell me everything that went on, step by step.

And I THOUGHT the car wasn't loud, but... people do stare when I drive by at low speed. Above 3000 RPM, the exhaust drowns out the blower, but at idle and slow cruising (driving through Duke's campus when it's crowded) people definitely noticed the whine. Got a thumbs up from two guys who were looking at the car. One of them bent down and saw the intercooler through the lower grill. Big grin across his face. It's fun to just sit there at lights and slowly rev it between 1000 and 1500, listening to the charger spool up from a quiet whine to a low scream, then letting it drop back down.

....My girlfriend thinks I'm odd.

Speaking of big grins... did I mention it feels like an entirely new car? Still not producing maximum power, driving with a short term tune designed to keep the car well out of high revs, and I still feel like I could smoke almost anybody on the road.

Good times.
Old 12/11/05, 08:32 AM

Originally posted by Excepcion13@December 10, 2005, 4:20 PM
Y U dissin' my spoiler, yo! :angry:
LOL. Robert, if you put that spoiler on your car, I don't think the crew at Excessive will let you pull it into the garage!!!!

Old 1/4/06, 12:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Bedail just checking in with you I am getting update withdrawals any news? any chance of posting any pictures of your car and the Procharger, or video would really be nice.

I could host the picture's if you have no way just e-mail them to me if you want.

For the video heres a free website you could host the video at.
http://www.savefile.com/index.php?id=packages

I do not know what got into me with all these request hope you don't mind.

TIA
Old 1/4/06, 01:52 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by TJ06@January 4, 2006, 3:28 PM
Bedail just checking in with you I am getting update withdrawals any news? any chance of posting any pictures of your car and the Procharger, or video would really be nice.

I could host the picture's if you have no way just e-mail them to me if you want.
For the video heres a free website you could host the video at.
http://www.savefile.com/index.php?id=packages

I do not know what got into me with all these request hope you don't mind.

TIA
Yes, I want to know too! And MSP what is up with your secret Vortech project?
Old 1/4/06, 01:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by scrming@December 10, 2005, 12:54 PM
Here ya go!!! LOL!!!!

It makes the best guacamole!
Old 1/4/06, 05:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by hamidlmt@January 4, 2006, 4:00 PM
It makes the best guacamole!
Or lemonaid!! Or is that lemonade...hrm.
Old 1/5/06, 11:23 AM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by Jimp@January 4, 2006, 12:55 PM
Yes, I want to know too! And MSP what is up with your secret Vortech project?
LOL!! Its not a secret... I'll post pictures and videos with all relevant info as soon as I am able to...
Old 1/5/06, 11:29 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by scrming@December 10, 2005, 4:54 PM
Here ya go!!! LOL!!!!

It's the MAGIC BULLET 2!!!!!
Old 1/15/06, 05:45 PM
Bullitt Member

What ever happened with this Procharger set-up? Does Belial post here anymore?
Old 1/15/06, 05:57 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Excepcion13@January 15, 2006, 7:48 PM
What ever happened with this Procharger set-up? Does Belial post here anymore?
last post Dec. 23rd
Old 1/15/06, 09:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Well, I hope everything's okay! I figured we would have gotten an update by now...
Old 1/16/06, 03:45 AM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by Excepcion13@January 15, 2006, 8:18 PM
Well, I hope everything's okay! I figured we would have gotten an update by now...
Sometimes bad news is better left un-said.. I sure hope this is not the case.. Lets give him another 2 weeks.. He did say he was going out of the Country I believe.. Who knows, I know what you mean, I have been hoping to hear from him as well..
Old 1/16/06, 09:11 PM
V6 Member

My advice....

Do NOT buy the Procharger full kits yet.

After entirely too much time left sitting in the shop, having Procharger swear up and down they had working tunes for it, it turns out they never did.

Now they're denying they have full kits ready, and claiming they are only selling the "tuner kit" sans programmer.

Interesting, given that I know of three people who paid the FULL PRICE for a complete kit, and now have un-usable mustangs.

I've got a guy in florida who sent me a tune that he just finished on his v6 auto stang. It's loaded in the car and goes in for dyno testing tomorrow morning. We'll see.

But the bottom line is, do NOT get the Procharger kit. They've been BSing from the beginning, first claiming that the 7 PSI kit doesn't need injectors (it does, the 19lb/hr injectors run out of fuel at WOT when you're putting down 300+ RWHP), and then claiming that they tested their tune.

They didn't. They received tunes from Diablo that diablo claimed worked. Turns out diablo was working with outdated mustang software, so the tunes were worthless.

Rather than halting shipping of the kits, Procharger included tunes with the 2005 GT software loaded. Yes, the GT software.

Thank you SO much, Procharger. Then, of course, as I said, they denied the entire thing, now claiming that an official Procharger tune is 30 days off.

Interesting, since I can produce invoices that show Procharger billed customers for a full kit with included complete tune.

I am pissed off beyond belief, as is everybody else involved in this colossal runaround.

Bottom line, i.e. my review of this kit: The hardware is outstanding, absolutely outstanding. 300+ RWHP on at least one guy's stang, with only 7 PSI. The software is nonexistent. The customer support... has been one big steaming pile of bull..poop.

Quick Reply: Got my procharged stang back... update