V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Got my C&L and Xcal2

Search this Thread

Old 2/4/06, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ February 4, 2006, 2:51 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Awesome!!!! I bet it is night and day difference at WOT.
[/b][/quote]

YESSIR!!! Almost lost bodily function slamming through the cog changer... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headbang.gif[/img]

Now...where to install the cool SCT emblem...so many choices...

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img] DOUG RULES!!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img]
Old 2/6/06, 11:47 PM

Congrats! Seriously can't wait til next week.

Doug just emailed me a quote for my xcal2, but it looked like a copy & paste email. Did you get any discount for being a TMS member?

Have fun!
Old 2/8/06, 09:20 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SPARTAN VI @ February 7, 2006, 1:50 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Congrats! Seriously can't wait til next week.

Doug just emailed me a quote for my xcal2, but it looked like a copy & paste email. Did you get any discount for being a TMS member?

Have fun!
[/b][/quote]
No but he waived shipping because I am active duty Navy. DOUG RULES!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img]
Old 2/8/06, 09:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

You guys have to understand Doug is only one man and gets tons and tons of emails every day. I know he tries to answer them all the day he gets them, and he usually does, but it's very hard to keep up with so many I think. I know some days he's up working late into the night just answering emails and other correspondances (and by late I think Ive heard him mention 4am more than a few times.) Whether it was a copy and paste email or not Doug's the man to go to for a tune on these cars, hands down. This many people cant be wrong!
Old 2/12/06, 07:19 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zodiac @ February 8, 2006, 11:27 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
You guys have to understand Doug is only one man and gets tons and tons of emails every day. I know he tries to answer them all the day he gets them, and he usually does, but it's very hard to keep up with so many I think. I know some days he's up working late into the night just answering emails and other correspondances (and by late I think Ive heard him mention 4am more than a few times.) Whether it was a copy and paste email or not Doug's the man to go to for a tune on these cars, hands down. This many people cant be wrong!
[/b][/quote]

Speaking of Doug, I haven't heard "hide nor hair" of him since he sent me my goodies. 01FEB06

I wouldn't be bugging him so much, except my tuner has the 91 instead of 93 tune. Originally my mistake, but when I caught it, he said he would correct it before he sent it out. I've been emailing him for a week.
Old 2/12/06, 07:34 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GMC Woo @ February 12, 2006, 10:22 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Speaking of Doug, I haven't heard "hide nor hair" of him since he sent me my goodies. 01FEB06

I wouldn't be bugging him so much, except my tuner has the 91 instead of 93 tune. Originally my mistake, but when I caught it, he said he would correct it before he sent it out. I've been emailing him for a week.
[/b][/quote]

He'll send you the new tune, don't you worry. He has always taken care of me. It usually only takes a few days though. He did tell me that it would be quicker and easier for him if you go to the website and fill out the order form. Just put on there that you already have the X-2 from him and that you want the 93 octane tune.
Old 2/12/06, 07:50 AM

I will try that. I just hope he's on vacation or something...not hurt or anything...
Old 2/13/06, 04:15 PM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GMC Woo @ February 12, 2006, 8:22 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]
He'll get to you don't worry about that. I believe he may have been tied up with the World of Wheels auto show here in B'ham. I know he made mention of it to me at a dyno session. Doug also has a full time job he works in addition to Bama Chips. He's a heck of a nice guy, and will bend over backwards to help, and lets not forget...his tunes are definately worth the wait.... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/13/06, 07:57 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05V6 @ February 13, 2006, 4:18 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
He'll get to you don't worry about that. I believe he may have been tied up with the World of Wheels auto show here in B'ham. I know he made mention of it to me at a dyno session. Doug also has a full time job he works in addition to Bama Chips. He's a heck of a nice guy, and will bend over backwards to help, and lets not forget...his tunes are definately worth the wait.... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
I am seriously considering the C&L with Doug's tunes. I know there have been many positive posts but wanted to get some fresh feedback on the improved performance for our V6's. Are there any performance improvements besides speed? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif[/img]
Old 2/13/06, 08:10 PM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tucsondivots @ February 13, 2006, 9:00 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I am seriously considering the C&L with Doug's tunes. I know there have been many positive posts but wanted to get some fresh feedback on the improved performance for our V6's. Are there any performance improvements besides speed? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
The speed improvement is not the best thing about one of Dougs' tunes (in my opinion) although you'll find it hard to stay within the posted limited after plugging in his tune. The throttle response is crisp, the shift schedule for the auto is everything Ford should have done. The torque improvement is something to be experienced, the speed limiter is removed as is torque limiting, we talk about the butt dyno around here, put one of Doug's tunes in your ride and see if your dyno doesn't show an immediate improvement [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] . Just keep your license and registration handy...Johnny Law will be wanting to see them.... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon24.gif[/img]