V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Got my C&L and Xcal2

Search this Thread

Old 1/30/06, 11:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Just popped home for lunch to find my C&L and Xcal2 from Bamachips waiting. Initial impression of the C&L is positive. Fine quality, but man is this thing heavy. Between the intake and the MAF housing it must weigh around 7 1/2 lbs... The word "overbuilt" springs to mind, this thing could probably contain 40 pounds of boost

Not sure when I'll be able to get her installed as it's currently raining and we have a bigger storm headed this way. Looking forward to seeing what this beast can do tho'
Old 1/30/06, 12:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Neat-can't wait to hear the "butt dyno" report

By all means, you know we LOVE pics, too!
Old 1/30/06, 12:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well, it's installed.

I ended up with a delay before my next case for work, so despite the cold rain I went out and tossed it in.

Programming with the Xcal2 was a snap (first time I've flashed a car ECM)

The C&L took only about 10 minutes to install, then it was out for a short spin.

Initial impression: I couldn't really nail it, as the roads here are wet, just on the verge of turning icy. I did notice I was running through first gear much faster, and the idle (which was good before) is now silky smooth.

More "butt dyno" reports as road conditions allow, and the car computer has a chance to "learn" the optimum engine management
Old 1/30/06, 01:05 PM

Thats good man. Mine is in the UPS truck outside. I got mine from Alternative Auto since I heard allot of great things from them. Hopefully it will be like night and day as like people say.
Old 1/30/06, 01:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Sounds cool! Can't wait to get mine. Hope the weather clears up for you soon so you can really open it up!
Old 1/30/06, 01:49 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by P_Kiley@January 30, 2006, 3:56 PM
Well, it's installed.

I ended up with a delay before my next case for work, so despite the cold rain I went out and tossed it in.

The C&L took only about 10 minutes to install, then it was out for a short spin.

Initial impression: I couldn't really nail it, as the roads here are wet, just on the verge of turning icy. I did notice I was running through first gear much faster, and the idle (which was good before) is now silky smooth.

More "butt dyno" reports as road conditions allow, and the car computer has a chance to "learn" the optimum engine management
Which tune did you load?
Old 1/30/06, 02:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Congrats! This was the one mod that convinced me to get a limited slip differential! Even Doug's 87 octane tune lets that one rear wheel break loose so easily!
Old 1/30/06, 03:37 PM
V6 Member

Congrats man..I should be getting mine tomorrow as it is in Phoenix as we speak. Where?? I DONT KNOW! lol can't wait...it's like christmas when i was a little kid all over.
Old 1/30/06, 03:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by BlackLX4.0@January 30, 2006, 3:52 PM
Which tune did you load?
I went straight to the 93 Torque tune. I've been running on Shell V-Power 93 for the last couple tanks, just waiting for the goodies to get here.
Old 1/30/06, 06:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Congrats! When you get a chance to really open it up you're gonna love it and wonder why the car wasn't this way from the factory.
Let us know how it runs and don't forget the pics!

By the way, I just ordered a GT front sway bar from Saleen thanks to your post from last year that came up again recently. Where did you get the rear bar from and how was the install? Thanks.
Old 1/30/06, 08:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by garyb900@January 30, 2006, 8:11 PM
Congrats! When you get a chance to really open it up you're gonna love it and wonder why the car wasn't this way from the factory.
Let us know how it runs and don't forget the pics!

By the way, I just ordered a GT front sway bar from Saleen thanks to your post from last year that came up again recently. Where did you get the rear bar from and how was the install? Thanks.
I got the rear bar from West Coast Performance, but I think Kevin on the board here (05stangkc) can probably set you up just as easily with all the factory parts. Install was not too difficult. You need to manoeuver the bar in at just the right angle to get it in without yanking the rear wheels, but it's do-able. Other than that it's a piece 'o cake and makes a BIG difference in the handling.
Old 1/31/06, 04:40 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by P_Kiley@January 30, 2006, 2:56 PM
Well, it's installed.

Paul what luck, I was just talking about this C&L and the tune with someone at work, so I will be watching your post to see what you write about it, once the weather gets good, and you can really test it...sounds like it was mighty easy to install :worship:
Old 1/31/06, 08:09 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by gregbe1@January 31, 2006, 6:43 AM
Paul what luck, I was just talking about this C&L and the tune with someone at work, so I will be watching your post to see what you write about it, once the weather gets good, and you can really test it...sounds like it was mighty easy to install :worship:
Install was VERY easy. I had the car reprogrammed and the C&L installed in about twenty minutes total. It's a well designed piece as far as fit. It's rainy/cold here again today. Not being able to get out and really see the difference is just about killin' me
Old 1/31/06, 09:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by P_Kiley@January 30, 2006, 5:53 PM
I went straight to the 93 Torque tune. I've been running on Shell V-Power 93 for the last couple tanks, just waiting for the goodies to get here.

Right on, I did the same thing!!! You will love it!!
Old 1/31/06, 11:42 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by P_Kiley@January 31, 2006, 10:12 AM
Install was VERY easy. I had the car reprogrammed and the C&L installed in about twenty minutes total. It's a well designed piece as far as fit. It's rainy/cold here again today. Not being able to get out and really see the difference is just about killin' me
lol..crank the car up and blow that storm farther up north... cant wait to hear your report, good luck
Old 1/31/06, 11:47 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
P_Kiley,
Thanks for the info on the bars, got 'em ordered.
Hope your weather clears soon so you can go have fun!
Old 2/1/06, 10:10 AM
Team Mustang Source

Here's some pics (and yeah, I know the engine compartment could use a cleaning/detailing):

[attachmentid=44273]

[attachmentid=44274]
Old 2/1/06, 10:10 AM
Team Mustang Source

One more:

[attachmentid=44275]

Weather is still not cooperative. Roads are all wet, but since I'm feeling sick anyway (some sort of stomach flu) it's probably better temptation isn't too great today.

p.s. I still stand by my opinion that the AEM is a better looking piece, but I'd rather have the HP and torque boost of the C&L

[attachmentid=44276]
Old 2/4/06, 12:47 PM

Installed my C&L, bamachips tune and it rocks. Even with 87 gas. I can't wait until I burn that tankload up and fiill 'er with some pony juice.

DOUG RULES!!!
Old 2/4/06, 12:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GMC Woo @ February 4, 2006, 2:50 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Installed my C&L, bamachips tune and it rocks. Even with 87 gas. I can't wait until I burn that tankload up and fiill 'er with some pony juice.
[size=6]DOUG RULES!!!
[/b][/quote]

Awesome!!!! I bet it is night and day difference at WOT.

Quick Reply: Got my C&L and Xcal2