V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Getting the Vortech :)

Search this Thread

Old 1/5/06, 01:13 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
True AnotherMustangMan and very well put. Just looking to make this a sleeper, but not becoming a nightmare. Also MSP - thanks for the info - you know the 4.0

Also 2500 is just the base kit and like rygen said - does not include install nor injectors, tune, etc... But all in all after all is said and done it's like a gt on roids when done. The afterccoler is about an additional 1000 , but not really my bag - MSP will prove to us what it is capable of in that arena

the GTO is Definitely not good looking at all. My cousing just got the 06 and that thing is like a bat out of heck fast, but looks like a 75 year old cheerleader in tights and makeup...
Old 1/5/06, 01:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by MSP@January 5, 2006, 3:53 PM
I'll run the Vortech, and others can run what they think is best.. We'll settle this at the track when the time comes... I'm not pulling any punches in regards to this.. If you think you got game, bring it to the christmas tree when we stage... I'll bring my car powered by a Vortech with the Aftercooler, along with a couple of bags of ice and pulleys! I dont plan on having any arguments over this with anyone, so dont even try pushing my buttons..
No arguments, I just want to know when!

In the process of all of us feeding our monsters (the need to mod), everyone becomes a little wiser for it. Man, when all is said and done, we DO all need to get to a track and race each other and drool over each other's cars. I'll drive 1,000 miles for it!
Old 1/5/06, 01:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Excepcion13@January 5, 2006, 3:20 PM
No arguments, I just want to know when!

In the process of all of us feeding our monsters (the need to mod), everyone becomes a little wiser for it. Man, when all is said and done, we DO all need to get to a track and race each other and drool over each other's cars. I'll drive 1,000 miles for it!

No doubt. We talked about this a few months back, all going on a road trip for a 4.0 shoot out. Like I said then, I will take vacation time for this. Bring it on.

I'll bring the beer!
Old 1/5/06, 01:21 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by rygenstormlocke@January 5, 2006, 12:00 PM
Very informative MSP. Ok, so you provided a good explanation on why this SC is much safer for our cars at higher boost, which ties in well to all of our convesations on pistons in the past and evalating other major power adders.

Do you know much about Mikes tubro in comparrison to this. Do you know if his system has an intercooler?

My goal is to build a two stage system, with a small shot of N20 on a TC or SC setup. Do you have an opinion on this one?
Unfortunatley I dont know much about Mike (Powerhouse411's) unit.. Out of pure respect for Mike, I will not try and figure it out..

What is most important, is for us first to control the set of circumstances we have been given... This would go to encompass the 7.5 rear-end, and the Flat-Top non forged pistons...

Part of this equation relates to first the pistons.. I have figured out that the Vortech unit provides the absolute best envirornment for us in this regard.. The absolute best! Cooler operation because cooling air with water easily means that the by-product will be much cooler than ambient temps..

Also, for our drive-train, it is essential that our big power is made at 3400RPM as opposed to 1800 to 2500RPM, because this ensures maximum reliablity.. Not sure about you, but I need my car running... I dont have a problem with launching the car with 3.73's with the normally aspirated power the SOHC 4.0 makes.. I can make up the time somewhere after I get past the 1/8th mile marker... This means that I can sureley rn some drag-radials on the 7.5 rear-end, and stick to my original plan of using all genuine V6 parts...

I'll have to finish this later...

What I mean to say is after the 60ft... I'm quite sure you will understand that at WOT, it wont take long for me to get to 3400rpm... But rest assured the 7.5 rearend is safe, as well as the driveline and the clutch.. For now I am focusing on the car from a pure stock perspective.. In time, the discussion will be the approriate setup to launch the car at 3400rpm...
Old 1/5/06, 01:47 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by rygenstormlocke@January 5, 2006, 4:00 PM
My goal is to build a two stage system, with a small shot of N20 on a TC or SC setup. Do you have an opinion on this one?
This is what I've been thinking of. I have Zex already. I learned from scrming that you can get 55hp jets so I think that would give you a nice little boost of power plus the cooling effect you want at the track. I'm still really digging the X-Charger. It sounds like it would be the most fun on the street(where I'd spend 99.9% of my time) and seems to be safe enough for a DD. On the rare occasions I go to the track, I could dial up as much extra hp as I wanted to or felt safe with. MSP has definitely given me something to think about though.
Old 1/5/06, 02:37 PM

Originally posted by Jimp@January 5, 2006, 3:50 PM
This is what I've been thinking of. I have Zex already. I learned from scrming that you can get 55hp jets so I think that would give you a nice little boost of power plus the cooling effect you want at the track. I'm still really digging the X-Charger. It sounds like it would be the most fun on the street(where I'd spend 99.9% of my time) and seems to be safe enough for a DD. On the rare occasions I go to the track, I could dial up as much extra hp as I wanted to or felt safe with. MSP has definitely given me something to think about though.

Yep, you me and Scrming are all in the same boat. I do want to see what Mike and MRT come up with Turbo wise before I pull the trigger.
Old 1/5/06, 02:55 PM
Cobra Member

Lot of info in this thread... only got a quick minute...

Mike turbo is running like 12PSI. I'll have to dig up more info... but I know it's 12PSI on a stock 4.0! No idea how long it will last... but according to a lot of naysayers and people who believe that SuperSix "tech" article is gospel the 4.0 pistion should have exploded the first time they ran the car! LOL! HeckI have probably over 30 passes at the track with my Nitrous which everyone said would destroy my pistion the first time I dared to use the juice! LOL! Heck, we've even sprayed as low as 2200 RPMS on the dyno which made 384 ft/lbs at the wheel! And Mike is making an honest 400RWHP! I seen the dyno results with my own eyes... I'll look later this evening for more info on Mikes setup... unless some one else has it handy! LOL!

Other option for cooling is methonal... Lidio's been installing it quite a bit... He's got it on his GT and it added an extra 75RWHP...

ok... got to run...
Old 1/5/06, 03:13 PM

Good thread..I'm so ready to pull the trigger on a s/c purchase it's killing me.
Old 1/5/06, 03:24 PM

Originally posted by Maija@January 5, 2006, 5:16 PM
Good thread..I'm so ready to pull the trigger on a s/c purchase it's killing me.

Man! I know how you feel, I got the funds but I got so many mods in the pipeline, I must force myself to wait and the fact that I want to see what comes to market before I finally do it.

Of course, once I see screaminyellin6 and msp post dynos, its gonna be even harder. Besides, I need to get used to the Zex at the track before I jump to the next level.

But man is it hard. Especially since the wife told me to go for it just a few minutes ago. Doh!!!

But I must do this right, and in stages with proper dynos to measure each mod. :bang:
Old 1/5/06, 03:35 PM
MSP
Banned

Here is what my next mod will be... I'll be getting these wheels.. 15x10 in back and 15x 3.5 in front... With some drag radials which will diameter out at 26 in... 26 inches is what is on my car now, and is also stock for an 05 V6...

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/serv...tegory_rn=36673

I am undecided on both.. One of the 2 will make the final cut...

Here are the tires..

This is the back tire..

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/serv...tegory_rn=36694

We'll put the Hossiers up front...

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/serv...tegory_rn=36679

We will get this puppy to lift these front tires off the ground!!
Old 1/5/06, 03:37 PM

Originally posted by MSP@January 5, 2006, 5:38 PM
Here is what my next mod will be... I'll be getting these wheels.. 15x10 in back and 15x 3.5 in front... With some drag radials which will diameter out at 26 in... 26 inches is what is on my car now, and is also stock for an 05 V6...

Here are the tires..

This is the back tire..

Cool!!! You are finally gonna pull the trigger on the rims. My opinion, I like the second set. I think the gold accent on the first set will clash with the blue of your car since it is of a lighter hue.
Old 1/5/06, 03:39 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by scrming@January 5, 2006, 5:58 PM
Lot of info in this thread... only got a quick minute...

Mike turbo is running like 12PSI. I'll have to dig up more info... but I know it's 12PSI on a stock 4.0! No idea how long it will last... but according to a lot of naysayers and people who believe that SuperSix "tech" article is gospel the 4.0 pistion should have exploded the first time they ran the car! LOL! HeckI have probably over 30 passes at the track with my Nitrous which everyone said would destroy my pistion the first time I dared to use the juice! LOL! Heck, we've even sprayed as low as 2200 RPMS on the dyno which made 384 ft/lbs at the wheel! And Mike is making an honest 400RWHP! I seen the dyno results with my own eyes... I'll look later this evening for more info on Mikes setup... unless some one else has it handy! LOL!

Other option for cooling is methonal... Lidio's been installing it quite a bit... He's got it on his GT and it added an extra 75RWHP...

ok... got to run...
6PSI non-intercooled, 9PSI intercooled with the option of cranking it up to 12PSI. I don't think he intends 12PSI to be for the street. It was just meant to test the limits of the 4.0.
Old 1/5/06, 03:41 PM

Originally posted by Jimp@January 5, 2006, 5:42 PM
6PSI non-intercooled, 9PSI intercooled with the option of cranking it up to 12PSI. I don't think he intends 12PSI to be for the street. It was just meant to test the limits of the 4.0.

Jimp, I was gonna ask this question but you answered it. Thanks. So what kind of power will it make at 6 and 9PSI?
Old 1/5/06, 03:46 PM
Cobra Member

I agree on the 12... test it did... and the motor held up!
Old 1/5/06, 03:52 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by rygenstormlocke@January 5, 2006, 6:44 PM
Jimp, I was gonna ask this question but you answered it. Thanks. So what kind of power will it make at 6 and 9PSI?
I don't think he ever released those numbers.
Old 1/5/06, 03:52 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by MSP@January 5, 2006, 5:38 PM

Here are the tires..

This is the back tire..

15's wont' fit with the stock brake setup.. don't ask... LOL!

I've been sooooo close to ordering the M&H Drag Radial... comes in the same size as my Nitto 450s... and the price is right... LOL!

http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?...t=egnsearch.asp
Old 1/5/06, 05:05 PM

I sent Power House an email on this asking for technical write ups on the 6 and 9 PSI version, and when we can expect them to be available.

I will post the response as soon as I hear from them. Oh, and I just found out from Don that my prochamber is back ordered! Doh!
Old 1/6/06, 04:27 AM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by scrming@January 5, 2006, 2:55 PM
15's wont' fit with the stock brake setup.. don't ask... LOL!

I've been sooooo close to ordering the M&H Drag Radial... comes in the same size as my Nitto 450s... and the price is right... LOL!

http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?...t=egnsearch.asp
I was wondering about the brakes.. So they would probably need spacers... My intent was to lower the car in the front, enough to suck up the front tires into the wheel well alittle bit.. I'll have to think about this..

Those tires are pretty nice, and the price is good!!

I may still get the wheels, and make adjustments as needed when they get here.. Its hard to determine how off the brake calipers will be by guessing.. I am sure I could get the calipers grinded down in the right spots, its just a matter of how much grinding would be required... I love those wheels and dont think I will accept no for an answer.. LOL!! If I have to run without brakes, then so be it!! LOL!!
Old 1/6/06, 04:51 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by MSP@January 6, 2006, 6:30 AM
I was wondering about the brakes.. So they would probably need spacers... My intent was to lower the car in the front, enough to suck up the front tires into the wheel well alittle bit.. I'll have to think about this..

Those tires are pretty nice, and the price is good!!

I may still get the wheels, and make adjustments as needed when they get here.. Its hard to determine how off the brake calipers will be by guessing.. I am sure I could get the calipers grinded down in the right spots, its just a matter of how much grinding would be required... I love those wheels and dont think I will accept no for an answer.. LOL!! If I have to run without brakes, then so be it!! LOL!!
well as whimpy as our brakes are it's almost like having no brakes! LOL! I can tel you I use the WHOLE track to slow down and hit the last turn out for the return lane!

Well if you look at the front you'll see the 16 inch stock wheels barely clear the caliper... I wanted 15 inch wheels so I could get some nice RWL tires... We tried a 15 and it hit the front caliper pretty solidly... would take some serious grinding! LOL!

I'll probably wait until i get the axle girdle in before I order the M&H tires...
Old 1/6/06, 06:29 AM

Originally posted by scrming@January 6, 2006, 6:54 AM
well as whimpy as our brakes are it's almost like having no brakes! LOL! I can tel you I use the WHOLE track to slow down and hit the last turn out for the return lane!

Well if you look at the front you'll see the 16 inch stock wheels barely clear the caliper... I wanted 15 inch wheels so I could get some nice RWL tires... We tried a 15 and it hit the front caliper pretty solidly... would take some serious grinding! LOL!

I'll probably wait until i get the axle girdle in before I order the M&H tires...

Good to know, I wonder if it is worth upgrading the brakes before next track season. Any reccomendations? I was looking at Powerslot, but wanted to know if there was anything else out there for our 6's.

Also, perhaps just a really good set of pads will do the trick:

http://www.mustangtuning.com/hawk-2005-200...brake-pads.html

Thoughts?

Quick Reply: Getting the Vortech :)