V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Gears/Truetrac or Xcal2 first?

Search this Thread

Old 11/27/05, 08:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
It's looking like I might have some unexpected dough to do one more mod on my 'vert before the year's out. I've got it down to either a Truetrac w/ 3.73s or an SCT Xcal2 and tunes.

I'm just curious which the crew here would do first in the situation (The second choice will get done come Springtime anyway)
Old 11/27/05, 09:28 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
SCT-2. You need it to take full advantage of the mods you have now and you'll need it to fix your speedo when you get the gears. Plus it makes a huge difference in the performance of the car. You won't be sorry.
Old 11/27/05, 10:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SCT first, you'll need it for the gears in the least (speedo correction and removal of torque limiter)
Old 11/28/05, 12:16 AM
MSP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the guys are correct.. The advantage of the SCT-2 will get you more power now.. The posi rear-end is needed bad.. Do you live where it snows alot? If so, get the Posi first.. If not, go with the SCT-2...

Personally for me, I would go Posi first, but I can also understand going SCT-2 first..

LOL!! I probably have not helped much.. But I think the true-trac should be first.. Get some good hook action in a corner, is alot safer than a 200RWHP rear-end whip around into a turn because only one wheel is diggin..

As far as your saftey is concerned, its always better to even out the power of the rear-end, then increase the power.. If you think spinnin one wheel now is easy, its much easier once the SCT-2 is in....

Saftey must always come first.. You might not believe it, but the V6's are safer with posi than without.. Adding more power before posi makes it that much more on the edge of spinning out or losing control... Just my opinion..

I'd rather have you around for awhile.. LOL!!
Old 11/28/05, 06:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by MSP@November 28, 2005, 2:19 AM
I think the guys are correct.. The advantage of the SCT-2 will get you more power now.. The posi rear-end is needed bad.. Do you live where it snows alot? If so, get the Posi first.. If not, go with the SCT-2...

Personally for me, I would go Posi first, but I can also understand going SCT-2 first..

LOL!! I probably have not helped much.. But I think the true-trac should be first.. Get some good hook action in a corner, is alot safer than a 200RWHP rear-end whip around into a turn because only one wheel is diggin..

As far as your saftey is concerned, its always better to even out the power of the rear-end, then increase the power.. If you think spinnin one wheel now is easy, its much easier once the SCT-2 is in....

Saftey must always come first.. You might not believe it, but the V6's are safer with posi than without.. Adding more power before posi makes it that much more on the edge of spinning out or losing control... Just my opinion..

I'd rather have you around for awhile.. LOL!!
I'm in Boston, so yeah, snow in the area is pretty much a given. The car isn't a daily driver though (I have a company car) and will most likely stay home when the white stuff is flying.

Your thinking on the rest of it runs along the same lines as what prompted me to pose the question. My gut feel was to pump up the ability to use the HP effectively, before bumping the HP itself.