V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Gas tank replaced? Is it ok now?

Old 5/4/05, 05:42 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, I have had the problem with the gas tank a few times. You know where you can not get it to take gas, but if you turn the hose upside down, it will go in. Well, I went to the dealer the other day and told them about this and a couple other things, and they were clueless. Once looking into it they said they have a new tank on the way for me and will swap it out. My question for you guys that have swapped tanks, is...did they change something? Did the problem go away? My dealer does not have these answers. Thanks Mark
PS they are still trying to "fix" my shaker 500, but I want it replaced like the TSB states. I will work on them, until that happens, but no problem now. It is working fine this week??? Who knows why?
Old 5/4/05, 06:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by dynaflash@May 4, 2005, 6:45 PM
Ok, I have had the problem with the gas tank a few times. You know where you can not get it to take gas, but if you turn the hose upside down, it will go in. Well, I went to the dealer the other day and told them about this and a couple other things, and they were clueless. Once looking into it they said they have a new tank on the way for me and will swap it out. My question for you guys that have swapped tanks, is...did they change something? Did the problem go away? My dealer does not have these answers. Thanks Mark
PS they are still trying to "fix" my shaker 500, but I want it replaced like the TSB states. I will work on them, until that happens, but no problem now. It is working fine this week??? Who knows why?
My dealer was clueless about almost all of the TSBs concerning the new mustang. I printed out a copy from here and showed it to them. Im pretty sure they have to fix it, more so if theres a TSB on it. If they refuse to fix your Shaker take it to the next dealer down the street and have them do it. If Ford cant find a fix for it, Im skeptical that any local dealer can.
Old 5/5/05, 09:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

I got mine done about a month ago, the new tank has no issues. I can fuel up anywhere now! Whoo hoo!
Old 5/5/05, 02:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Tank has been replaced no issues in refilling. Car was picky about Shell and some Sunoco pumps. Now all work well.
Old 5/6/05, 07:18 AM
Rik
GT Member

Had my Shaker 500 replaced under warranty with a "B" series. Works fine now (knock wood), no more spitting my MP3 discs back out at me with a curt "Bad Disc" comment.
I didn't have the gas fillup problem at first, but the last couple of times I found I did have to turn the nozzle upside down...guess I'll need to have the tank replaced next. Good to hear that this seems to fix the problem.
Old 5/6/05, 08:01 PM
V6 Member

great thanks for the info. I will have the tank done next week and keep working on them on the shaker 500...Mark
Old 5/9/05, 05:21 PM
GT Member

My V6 Stang was built on April 11th and 2 weeks ago it had about 1/2 tank so I decided to go fill up. I squeezed the trigger all the way and a little after 1 gallon **CLICK** as in saying "IM FULL!". So i just filled up squeezing only 1/2 way and it took the gas. This has been the only time it has "clicked" on me beside actually being full.
Old 5/9/05, 05:49 PM
V6 Member

I have found that this problem is not on very many cars. I understand that you can have this on any car, but on mine, if you are in the right station you can not get gas in at any speed. It will only work if you turn the hose upside down. My new tank is in at the dealer and will be installed as soon as I can run the gas out and get it there. Thanks Mark