V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

First track times with the turbo

Search this Thread

Old 5/26/06 | 09:21 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally Posted by scrming
and think about this... a car designed for 170RWHP is a lot less likely to come undone at 280RWHP than it is at 400RWHP... I don't care how easy you walk the car out... if you are WOT at 400RWHP some thing can let loose... if you don't think you can break your car because you have a 2.0+ 60' and you're not powershifting than you are simply fooling yourself...
Thats a very good point.. Its all in the approach.. You approached your situation in a certin way, and almost made it.. Almost..

I'll try my approach and see what happens..

LOL!! I can see the malitia is starting to form, and Rygen's colors are starting to change.. LOL! This always happens when we debate Scrming.. He is very protective of you..
Old 5/27/06 | 06:26 AM
GT Member

Its not a personal attack MSP. You start throwing out numbers that don't work on the track. We have taken our cars to the track and watched others. I abuse my car as well! LOL I do not powershift my car for now it is a DD. I don't go to the track to set records. I go to the track to improve my skills and get consistent. I go to have fun and encourage others. Now Rygen take that trophy from scrming he has been on top for too long! LOL
Old 5/27/06 | 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by MSP
Thats a very good point.. Its all in the approach.. You approached your situation in a certin way, and almost made it.. Almost..

I'll try my approach and see what happens..

LOL!! I can see the malitia is starting to form, and Rygen's colors are starting to change.. LOL! This always happens when we debate Scrming.. He is very protective of you..
Ah, I expected this. I have my own opinion, plain and simple. "My colors are starting to change..." Yea, when it comes to the track, my viewpoint is consistant.

However, I do value your input and appreciate your help on various projects for the car. Like the tip on the af meter.

However, when it comes to these cars, and these forums, the "track" subject will always be a sensative one. And people will always come out to approach you on it. Even on v6power.net, they have asked you about why you havent taken it to the track. Part of the reason is you set such high goals for your first time out.....hitting the 12's is not easy in any car, even with the right setup if you do not have a feel for it.

You have a sick car man, you really do! No one will insult you if it takes a few track visits to hit 12's, we really wont. We will have your back and be proud of you no matter what time you rip off the first time you go. Thats what I love about the community here, no matter how crappy my times, or if I mess up at the track, I feel confident to post my slips because the people here will pat me on the back for going, and help me get better times, tell me what I need to work on, etc.

Anyway, back on subject, I am going to the track on June 4th, a 1/4 ET track. However, I will probably go to the 1/8th track before that with Ex13 on Wednesday night just to practice some more. I really don't like that track, but practice is practice.
Old 5/27/06 | 10:00 AM
MSP
Banned

Originally Posted by rygenstormlocke
Ah, I expected this. I have my own opinion, plain and simple. "My colors are starting to change..." Yea, when it comes to the track, my viewpoint is consistant.

However, I do value your input and appreciate your help on various projects for the car. Like the tip on the af meter.

However, when it comes to these cars, and these forums, the "track" subject will always be a sensative one. And people will always come out to approach you on it. Even on v6power.net, they have asked you about why you havent taken it to the track. Part of the reason is you set such high goals for your first time out.....hitting the 12's is not easy in any car, even with the right setup if you do not have a feel for it.

You have a sick car man, you really do! No one will insult you if it takes a few track visits to hit 12's, we really wont. We will have your back and be proud of you no matter what time you rip off the first time you go. Thats what I love about the community here, no matter how crappy my times, or if I mess up at the track, I feel confident to post my slips because the people here will pat me on the back for going, and help me get better times, tell me what I need to work on, etc.

Anyway, back on subject, I am going to the track on June 4th, a 1/4 ET track. However, I will probably go to the 1/8th track before that with Ex13 on Wednesday night just to practice some more. I really don't like that track, but practice is practice.
Like I said before, I will be lucky to even run a 13.5ET my first time.. Simply based on the sensitive launch aspect of the V2.. You really need some good slicks or really sticky tires to plant 1st and 2nd gear..

My goal is 12's.. But I know the first few runs will suck..

Anyways, the 1/8th track is good man.. Its less stress on the car, and is really a good initial indication of how things are going.. Your smart to really set up everything on the 1/8th first.. I like the 1/8th concept in general..

Remember you also still have the stock driveshaft.. I dont think it should be a problem, but just a reminder.. Anything you put down in the 1/4 over 110MPH could be subject to driveline trama.. Probably not, but just a reminder..
Old 5/27/06 | 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by MSP
Like I said before, I will be lucky to even run a 13.5ET my first time.. Simply based on the sensitive launch aspect of the V2.. You really need some good slicks or really sticky tires to plant 1st and 2nd gear..

My goal is 12's.. But I know the first few runs will suck..

Anyways, the 1/8th track is good man.. Its less stress on the car, and is really a good initial indication of how things are going.. Your smart to really set up everything on the 1/8th first.. I like the 1/8th concept in general..

Remember you also still have the stock driveshaft.. I dont think it should be a problem, but just a reminder.. Anything you put down in the 1/4 over 110MPH could be subject to driveline trama.. Probably not, but just a reminder..
Cool. Yea, I like to practice on the 1/8 cause they are less crowded and you can get more runs in.

On the drive shaft, its on the list. In fact, here is a list of mods I am reviewing following the turbo:
  • Wideband AF Gauge (in progress)
  • Powerhouse Drive Shaft and a a DS loop
  • 8.8 Rearend w/3.55 gearing (still debating on this one)
  • PHP Stall (need to call Paul back on this one)
  • Line locks (not sure on this one)
But thanks for the tip on the DS. I am definitely looking into it and have discussed it with PH already.
Old 5/27/06 | 10:28 AM
MSP
Banned

Originally Posted by rygenstormlocke
Cool. Yea, I like to practice on the 1/8 cause they are less crowded and you can get more runs in.

On the drive shaft, its on the list. In fact, here is a list of mods I am reviewing following the turbo:
  • Wideband AF Gauge (in progress)
  • Powerhouse Drive Shaft and a a DS loop
  • 8.8 Rearend w/3.55 gearing (still debating on this one)
  • PHP Stall (need to call Paul back on this one)
  • Line locks (not sure on this one)
But thanks for the tip on the DS. I am definitely looking into it and have discussed it with PH already.
I dont think you need to swap out to an 8.8.. Just put in the 3.45's for the 7.5 rearend..

Its one step up from the stock unit... You dont need to try and match the Powerhouse setup.. The best thing about your car is it stays inline with the original principle which is V6 Performance parts as a foundation.. Going to a more expensive 8.8 is not needed..

Everything else on the list looks good.. In regards to the 3.73's, I would stick with them, and not worry about it for now.. I really dont see where its a weakness in your setup.. I think your all good for the shorterm..

Your really going to appreciate the WideBand.. In my car with the 2.62in pulley on, when I go WOT, it feels so good to see the Wideband drop down to 10.9 as my head is being almost pulled off from all the torque.. LOL!

You cant replace that kind of peace of mind for anything.. LOL!
Old 5/27/06 | 10:40 AM
MSP
Banned

Also, I would like to see you pursue 2 other mods..

1. AirTemp Gauge

2.Water Injection

These 2 mods are also essential to have.. The airtemp gauge lets you know how hot the boost is at a particular time..

The water injection puts you in control of these temps..
Old 5/27/06 | 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by MSP
I dont think you need to swap out to an 8.8.. Just put in the 3.45's for the 7.5 rearend..

Its one step up from the stock unit... You dont need to try and match the Powerhouse setup.. The best thing about your car is it stays inline with the original principle which is V6 Performance parts as a foundation.. Going to a more expensive 8.8 is not needed..

Everything else on the list looks good.. In regards to the 3.73's, I would stick with them, and not worry about it for now.. I really dont see where its a weakness in your setup.. I think your all good for the shorterm..

Your really going to appreciate the WideBand.. In my car with the 2.62in pulley on, when I go WOT, it feels so good to see the Wideband drop down to 10.9 as my head is being almost pulled off from all the torque.. LOL!

You cant replace that kind of peace of mind for anything.. LOL!
I agree with you on the AF gauge, in addition to you reccomending it, MRT and PH have reccomended this gauge.

I do not plan on changing out the rear end/gears any time soon. But if I get that stall converter then I will definitely consider it, or at the very least get a girdle.
Old 5/27/06 | 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by MSP
Also, I would like to see you pursue 2 other mods..

1. AirTemp Gauge

2.Water Injection

These 2 mods are also essential to have.. The airtemp gauge lets you know how hot the boost is at a particular time..

The water injection puts you in control of these temps..
Well if I get the stall converter from PHP, then I will need another pillar, which will mean the MRT 3 gauge dash mount unit. This is because I will want to monitor trans temp. These two might fit in nicely to fill the remaining pods.

Well I'm off to try to get a BOV vid. Be back in a bit.
Old 5/27/06 | 12:22 PM
MSP
Banned

Always remember this Rygen.. Put every mod you can afford and think of on the car.. But it will last longer in a carshow than at a track..

Set a goal at the track within reason for your car, then once you achieve it your done..

You will never be fast enough for these guys.. You will always hear, faster,faster,faster.. You dont have to impress me.. I like your car as it sits, in good working order, with all original parts still in it.. Setting it up for carshows will bring much greater satisfaction to you in a few years from now..

You cant please everybody.. Just set a time at the track which you feel is enough, and thats it.. The car is worth more, with less track runs under its belt.. However, in a carshow you will win prizes for having tons of track parts on the car...
Old 5/27/06 | 01:08 PM

I really love drag racing at the track, I don't have to be number one to enjoy it. I'm comfortable with my setup, I'm running low boost with a cooler. I'm out to please myself.
Old 5/28/06 | 09:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Rygen this place is a ghost town but aleast it seems to be stable now.

Since this is a PowerHouse turbo thread what you say I play lets look in the rear view mirror again. I haven’t looked in awhile hope you don’t mind Rygen if so just let me know and I will edit it out no problem.

OMG is it crowded wow I see 5 PoweHouse turbos count them 5! In addition to Rygen’s & E-13’s that would make 7 total see I can count. There is no NDA’s or K.I.T.Y on these so lets see who the 5 poss starting with the first one I see but they do get blurrier as the cars that are further back I can try to make out..
  • Ok we know who this one is this guy has wanted one from day one and I think I spelled his name after an oil filter one day by mistake in post and he let me know it.
  • This should be the next out actually any day now I can't tell you his name but think about the Mars candy company/ one of thier product lines name of thier candy might give you a hint.
  • What can we say about this guy never seen someone change their mind so many times on chargers. Every time I thought for sure definitly this is the charger he is going with bam shocked me again and changed his mind.. I also like that honeycomb panel he put between the tail lights looks good. Anyone been to the zoo lately.
  • This is another one like the guy above but not as bad he always liked the S/C and always wants to hear a cheap price also! The guys sounds cheap but is not just wants good bang for the buck IMO. I know if Rygen runs a 12.90 on street tires he might/should forget about his future plans he keeps telling us about.. Lets put it this way Rygen runs a 12.90’s on street tires at ONLY 8.5 psi he will boost even more sales for the PowerHouse for sure IMO
  • The last guy is really blurry ok got this one is more hope than fact that he gets one, he said he might sell his other car and mentioned getting a PowerHouse turbo and if does hope it will be on a his 4.0 and not our big brother. I would really like to see this guy get one would be fun to see how he does.
Well that’s it for now.

Can anyone name all 5 I don’t think so.

P.S Rygen found the PM its under profile you have to enable it which I just did.
Old 5/28/06 | 11:29 PM
Cobra R Member

1. Me
2. MM49
3. Jimp

ill work on figuring these out lol

dunno if i can figure the last 2 out, they are really vague, becauses lots of people 'want' one.
Old 5/28/06 | 11:31 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Fazm
1. Me
3. Jimp

Why am I 3rd? lol
Old 5/28/06 | 11:34 PM
Cobra R Member

becauses u match the #3 description lol
Old 5/28/06 | 11:41 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

becauses u match the #3 description lol
Ok, I missed the descriptions from the previous post, doh! Hey, what's up with the group buy? I'm dyin' here!
Old 5/28/06 | 11:42 PM
Cobra R Member

ill know this week man, hang in there and i figured another one out, gotta post it lol
Old 5/29/06 | 04:13 AM
MSP
Banned

Hey Scrming, I get the feeling that all of our buddies are secretly mounting a full on frontal assault at your spot! Now that you are apart of Team Vortech, I pledge an oath to help you defend it, at all cost.. Dont worry...

I am almost all set to make my first appearance.. Once the water injection is in place, I should be at the track on my next 3 day weekend.. I have an old helmet laying around here, from the old days when I cherrished 8 cylinders.. LOL!

Dont you worry Scrming, anyone going after that 13.1ET will have to go through me first.. Rygen could present a problem, but after I get a few runs under my belt, he will see things my way!.....LOL!!

This is going to insanely fun guys!! Exactly what we dreamed from day 1!!
Old 5/29/06 | 06:55 AM

1. Me
2. MM49
3. Jimp

dunno if i can figure the last 2 out, they are really vague, becauses lots of people 'want' one.
I got the last two:

4. TJ06
5. PR46?
Old 5/29/06 | 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by MSP
Hey Scrming, I get the feeling that all of our buddies are secretly mounting a full on frontal assault at your spot! Now that you are apart of Team Vortech, I pledge an oath to help you defend it, at all cost.. Dont worry...

I am almost all set to make my first appearance.. Once the water injection is in place, I should be at the track on my next 3 day weekend.. I have an old helmet laying around here, from the old days when I cherrished 8 cylinders.. LOL!

Dont you worry Scrming, anyone going after that 13.1ET will have to go through me first.. Rygen could present a problem, but after I get a few runs under my belt, he will see things my way!.....LOL!!

This is going to insanely fun guys!! Exactly what we dreamed from day 1!!

Famous quote from ASH: "Come get some!"

I have plenty of extra goodies in my arsenal still left to use. LOL. Ya see, Scrming promised the Mrs no more Nitrous. Guess what, I made no such promise. LOL.

Quick Reply: First track times with the turbo