V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Exhaust Options

Search this Thread

Old 2/2/06, 11:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WindVeil05DropTop @ February 2, 2006, 11:16 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Well, the holes for the O2 sensors are different on the H-pipe than the Y-pipe. The y-pipe has 2 on each side, the h-pipe has one on the left, two on the right. The other O2 sensor on the left on a GT is in the manifold. So, I need to get another hole drilled onto the H-pipe on the left hand side to install the other O2 sensor.

I might just have a muffler shop do the install now because I can't weld a receiver into place on the h-pipe for the O2 sensor. Plus, I still need to figure out how to make two more muffler hangers (Ford wants $70!!!).

So, this will probably be pushed back until Saturday and I'll have them do the install.
[/b][/quote]

Isn't there something you can place on the free sensor to fool it? Actually, saw it on LMPerformance.
Old 2/2/06, 03:31 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey WindVeil05DropTop

This is how I got around the muffler clamp problem when adding duel exhaust to a V6.

I didn't have to order the extra clamps from ford either. What I did was took the clamp from the most forward part of the muffler (by the way you have 3 clamps in total holding onto a V6 muffler)(looking toward the front of the car), and put it on the drivers side and placed in the farthest rear position. This way both mufflers are now hanging from 1 of the ford clamps on each muffler. This will put the mufflers in the right position for left , right and up and down, with the ability to move them back and forth as needed. Then I got the muffler shop to fab up the clamps for the rear of each of the mufflers to help hold them in place. Ever muffler shop should be able to do that much at least.