V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

exhaust opinions

Search this Thread

Old 8/8/05 | 08:36 PM
V6 Member

Was wondering if anyone has the mac single exhaust or the Jba single exhaust. Any comments on the sound? Right now Im the quietist car down the quarter mile and get a lot of laughs, even though the times are better than most ricers.
Old 8/9/05 | 03:41 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by buscg@August 8, 2005, 9:39 PM
Was wondering if anyone has the mac single exhaust or the Jba single exhaust. Any comments on the sound? Right now Im the quietist car down the quarter mile and get a lot of laughs, even though the times are better than most ricers.
I know a few guys who are happy with their JBA. I decided against the JBA since it's aluminzed steel... I wanted 100% stainless steel. I looked at the MAC but thought the 4 inch tip might be to much... So I went with Magnaflow Single Cat-Back... was more expensive than the JBA or MAC... However it looks and sounds GREAT! Some day I'll try to get a clip posted... just need to find the time! LOL! I'm too busy driving!!! LOL!
Old 8/9/05 | 10:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

I really like my jba duals with jba headers combo. A great improvement over the single GT take-off I had on earlier (which was also very nifty!). With today's options, if I were stickin' with a single, I'd probably go with either the magnaflow of ford racing (made by borla). Both of those have been getting some very nice reviews by those on the various forums.

I actually bought the MAC single... had it in my hands. I kept holding up that big ol' 4" tail pipe to my bumper and thinking... no way... that's just about coffee can territory. Sold it on ebay for a small loss... no regrets.
Old 8/9/05 | 11:33 AM
Bullitt Member

I went with the Magnaflow single axle-back. I got it off eBay for about $180 shipped, so that saved me nearly $100. The guy I got it from had it a week and decided against it. The cheapest I've seen it other than eBay was Steeda, http://www.steeda.com/store/-catalog/263-15881.htm. There was a 10% off deal on one of the Mustang Forums for another vendor that made it the same price as Steeda, but I can't recall where it was. I felt the same way about the JBA at the earlier post; I didn't like the alumized steel. I wanted the stainless. I had some issues with the muffler creeping up a little when I mounted it. I made sure I had the half-inch of clearance, but something told me to take a look when I started driving. Good thing I did. The bumper cover got a small surface burn underneath, but it's not visible unless you inspect it closely from under the car and it didn't deform the cover. I loosened the muffler and re-seated all the mountings. It's not moving now. I put some touch-up paint on the burnt spot so it's not too obvious. It looks and sounds great! I highly recommend the Magnaflow.