V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Engine Misfire

Search this Thread

Old 8/2/05, 08:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was driving to town the other day wasn't driving her hard or anything.. I have a V6 Auto and it was in 2-3rd gear when it literally geared down, i pulled over bug eyed wondering what just happened, and my engine light started flashing. I checked the book and it said Engine Misfire have serviced immediately. So i took it the very day i could and they did not find anything wrong said it must have been a one time thing. It was only a day or two after the misfire when i had it serviced so has anyone else experinced this? If so under what circumstances.
Old 8/2/05, 09:05 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
engine light isnt always a misfire, it indicates a problem anything emission or transmission related. If it was flashing that means that there is (most likely) damage being caused to your catalytic convertor. Maybe there was moister on your coil, or a wire loose or something, but its odd the dealer didnt find anything, if the engine light was on, they should be able to pull a code, freeze frame, or at least a pending code. And worste comes to worste, check to see which readiness monitor isnt set. Sounds like they just didnt want to work on a car when the problem wasnt happening (trust me, very hard to do sometimes)
Old 8/2/05, 10:36 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah it should have saved a hard code. Odd they didn't find anything.