V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Dual with no Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 10/16/07, 09:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
People will always knock the v6. Not sure why, maybe they feel like they have to put other peoples cars down to make theirs seem better . In the end there will always be something faster, nicer, and better out there. Its your car, do what you want and what makes you happy.

On a different note, Id like to hear a soundclip of what your car sounds like with no mufflers on it. What kind of crossover pipe are you using, or none at all and just going with straight pipes?
Old 10/17/07, 05:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the real question is ... "your ok with the loss of low end power for a noisy exhaust?"
Old 10/17/07, 05:37 AM
Cobra Member

Those are great comments RACER3. Could not have stated the matter better myself.
Old 10/17/07, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S197v6: I agree with you, everyone should do what makes them happy with their car.As for a video clip....My video camera is pretty old so i really have no way of getting the video online and even if i did i wouldnt know how to upload it.im only running straight pipes because originally i had magnaflows but no h-pipe or crossover pipes.Even though i took off the mufflers do you think an H-pipe or X-pipe would make a difference in the sound? i wonder.

GrayPony: I felt a loss of torque when i put on the MagnaFlows a year ago.When i finally took off the mufflers i really didnt feel a difference as far as performance in general id have to say the car has more power than before and what i mean by that is although ive lost torque from before, now when i put the pedal to the metal once the car picks up at one point threw me back into my seat a little where as before it didnt do that but i gotta say i dont really care too much for performance anymore i just like to cruise.The exhaust is loud and while im cruising or at idle the car sounds very industrial like an old car from the 60s or 70s but if you put the pedal to the metal and the RPMS jump high all at one shot thats when i dont like the exhaust sound but then again it sounded the same with the MAgnaFlows so i dont really race anyway thats why im happy with my exhaust its perfect for me because all i really do is Cruise around and when your cruising that exaust sounds intimidatiing.
Old 10/18/07, 11:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by LIGHTNINGMCQUEEN
S197v6: I agree with you, everyone should do what makes them happy with their car.As for a video clip....My video camera is pretty old so i really have no way of getting the video online and even if i did i wouldnt know how to upload it.im only running straight pipes because originally i had magnaflows but no h-pipe or crossover pipes.Even though i took off the mufflers do you think an H-pipe or X-pipe would make a difference in the sound? i wonder.

GrayPony: I felt a loss of torque when i put on the MagnaFlows a year ago.When i finally took off the mufflers i really didnt feel a difference as far as performance in general id have to say the car has more power than before and what i mean by that is although ive lost torque from before, now when i put the pedal to the metal once the car picks up at one point threw me back into my seat a little where as before it didnt do that but i gotta say i dont really care too much for performance anymore i just like to cruise.The exhaust is loud and while im cruising or at idle the car sounds very industrial like an old car from the 60s or 70s but if you put the pedal to the metal and the RPMS jump high all at one shot thats when i dont like the exhaust sound but then again it sounded the same with the MAgnaFlows so i dont really race anyway thats why im happy with my exhaust its perfect for me because all i really do is Cruise around and when your cruising that exaust sounds intimidatiing.

An H pipe will make your car sound much deeper. It will be like night and day difference.