V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Dual with no Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 10/8/07, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dual with no Mufflers

Does anyone have clips of their v6 with out mufflers?
i heard its the closest your going to get to a v8 sound.
so please if anyone has any clips please post....thank you.
Old 10/8/07, 06:45 PM

.....Or maybe does anyone have any info on taking mufflers off???
im just looking for some input about doing this
Old 10/9/07, 12:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Single with CAI and no muffler:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXzxx5xAoGk

Inside:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByJOPKrr400

Another:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN-F6ySbEgA

Man, that sounds sexy!!!
Old 10/9/07, 06:15 AM
V6 Member

No matter what exhaust system we choose, with or without mufflers, our 4.0 will never, ever sound like a V8. Why is "sounding like a V8" important, anyhow? Who are you trying to fool? We can make our V6 sound pretty darn good and with the right mods it will run with and beat quite a few V8's out there. But sounding like a V8 - when I race and beat a V8, I want that guy to know exactly what beat him..........a V6!!
Old 10/9/07, 04:58 PM

720: Thanks alot for the videos....those mustangs sound great im gonna go ahead and take off the mufflers.

Racer3: Why do you have GT rims? why do you have GT mufflers??? if you want the v8 that your going to beat to know a v6 beat him then whats with the rims and mufflers? you can easily put v6 badges all over the car....anyway v6;s sound good but the v8 exhaust sound is the ultimate car sound. Now whether i acheive the sound or not my goal is not to fool other people but more so to let them know its a v6 when they ask me..is that a GT?....either way i just want the sound.
Old 10/11/07, 04:06 PM

Well today i took off the mufflers......and it is the BEST thing i ever did for the car. It sounds awesome! easily mistaken for a V8 or some big truck.Im glad i did it...for those of you looking for that strong loud race sound this is the way to do it.Im happy....
Old 10/11/07, 06:04 PM
GT Member

You must live in a state that does not require state inspections. You couldn't get away with that here.
Old 10/11/07, 06:11 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Racer3
No matter what exhaust system we choose, with or without mufflers, our 4.0 will never, ever sound like a V8. Why is "sounding like a V8" important, anyhow? Who are you trying to fool? We can make our V6 sound pretty darn good and with the right mods it will run with and beat quite a few V8's out there. But sounding like a V8 - when I race and beat a V8, I want that guy to know exactly what beat him..........a V6!!
Because in todays society were raised to respect V8's and think they sound so good thundering down the quarter mile, doing burnout at 6k RPMS about to bust your ear drums. or doing a 3rd gear pull on some ricer on the highway and listening to those beautiful 8 cylinders sing. but thats just me. i can relate to the V6 guys though, i almost got a new pony package but i didnt and sometimes i wish i did.
Old 10/12/07, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by LIGHTNINGMCQUEEN
Well today i took off the mufflers......and it is the BEST thing i ever did for the car. It sounds awesome! easily mistaken for a V8 or some big truck.Im glad i did it...for those of you looking for that strong loud race sound this is the way to do it.Im happy....
i think it sounds crappy. pops waaaaaayy too much. on idle or accelerating its great but take your foot off the gas and its embarrassing. but to each his own man.
Old 10/13/07, 06:17 AM
V6 Member

BODUKE0220, I think you missed my point. Believe me, I've owned many a V8 and I love the sound of that engine. My point is, why is it so important for some 4.0 owners to fool themselves into thinking their car sounds like a V8? If you think your 4.0 sounds like a V8, you are only fooling yourself.
Old 10/13/07, 11:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Any clips?
Old 10/13/07, 07:33 PM

Whats with this Racer3 guy...loves that crap about "fooling yourself"....listen buddy no one is fooling themselves here. I like the sound of the car without the mufflers that does not change the fact that its a v6. It is what it is...a v6. i dont care if its a 4 cylinder or a frikkin generator or lawnmower under my hood i got the sound i was looking for and i happen to think it sounds like a v8. You seem to get real defensive about someone with a v6 trying to make their car sound like a v8..you wanna be a v6 purist then take off your dual exhaust and get rid of those "GT" rims and dont give me that about your v6 beating a GT. Do you know how much you have to spend just to get the 300 horsepower of a GT let alone beating it? you cant beat one and if you spent alot of money to do so, well thats what i dont understand there is a perfect example of someone trying to make there car something it aint.As for my car... sound v8 or not i like it and i aint fooling myself...so..go "fool" yourself.

DarkSpoon: When i first got it taken off it did pop when you rev it up real high but that went away. I had a buddy of mine drive it around a parking lot so i can hear it and when he let off the gas it didnt pop. The car sounds great when your just doing regular driving whether it be the roads or the highway and you can pick up some good speed with it still sounding good but it sounds pretty bad it you just step on the pedal all the way to the floor and make the rpms fly.What i also did notice was better performance the car gets to 80mph faster than it did before on regular highway driving.

HHBH720: i wish i could put some clips on the forum but i dont know how to upload a video on to the computer.I really wish i could show you guys what it sounds like.
Old 10/15/07, 12:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

I think you can host the video at photobucket or some similar joint and then post the link...
Old 10/15/07, 09:24 AM
Cobra Member

Maybe I'm wrong but I tend to believe that the ultimate car sound is EXTREMELY SUBJECTIVE. Over the years I've heard incredible sounding V-6's, V-8's, and V-12's. To me the sound is more an indication of a well designed and functioning powerplant than a product of a specific engine type.
Old 10/15/07, 10:44 AM
9 is not my lucky number.

Ha this thread is hillarious

A V6 with no mufflers sounds like a pontiac grand am with a broken header

A V8 with no mufflers sounds like, well my car
Old 10/15/07, 05:08 PM

Dustin your full of $#!t
the v6 mustang without mufflers sounds great....i dont know if what you own is a grand am with a broken header but id like for you to see my car and listen to how it sounds cause id make you suck on my exhaust pipe.
Old 10/15/07, 06:03 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Sounds like somebody has a Napoleon complex because he wishes he got a GT instead of a V6
Old 10/15/07, 07:29 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Dustin your full of $#!t
the v6 mustang without mufflers sounds great....i dont know if what you own is a grand am with a broken header but id like for you to see my car and listen to how it sounds cause id make you suck on my exhaust pipe.

Chill pill. You ask, and you will recieve opinions. Sorry that you dont agree with them all.
Old 10/15/07, 08:18 PM

isn't it bad for the engine to run it without a muffler? maybe that's just some myth.
Old 10/16/07, 08:52 PM

sorry i know im getting out of hand. its just that it sucks to read about people just knocking what ive done.

Quick Reply: Dual with no Mufflers