V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

A couple of Zex questions

Search this Thread

Old 2/17/06, 12:46 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
1) Jets. I'm looking at the Zex website at the jet chart:
http://www.zex.com/Products/JetCharts.asp
And it's showing different jets for the V6 and the V8. Now all of us that have Zex are probably going by the instructions that came with our kit, which is for the GT. Should we be using the smaller jets?

2) Spark plugs. I see that Rygen is using NGK Iridiums. Is that a colder plug than stock? Is that the best plug for us? I've seen plenty of people saying good things about that plug.

TIA for any info. I know I could just call Zex but I thought I'd open it up for discussion. Maybe others could benefit.
Old 2/17/06, 01:27 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackLX4.0 @ February 17, 2006, 2:49 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
1) Jets. I'm looking at the Zex website at the jet chart:
http://www.zex.com/Products/JetCharts.asp
And it's showing different jets for the V6 and the V8. Now all of us that have Zex are probably going by the instructions that came with our kit, which is for the GT. Should we be using the smaller jets?

2) Spark plugs. I see that Rygen is using NGK Iridiums. Is that a colder plug than stock? Is that the best plug for us? I've seen plenty of people saying good things about that plug.

TIA for any info. I know I could just call Zex but I thought I'd open it up for discussion. Maybe others could benefit.
[/b][/quote]

1) I'm acutually using the 100HP Nitrous jet and the 75HP Fuel jet. We found that combination gave us the most consistent A/F with and with out spraying... that way if I leave my Nitrous tune in the car it will still have a good A/F even if the Zex is off... We did this when I switch to the C&L... I'm going to have at least 1 more solid dyno session before the track opens... just to verify the A/F again...

2) Our spark plugs are already a cooler plug... We pulled a couple of plugs to check them... Lidio noticed it was a colder range and commented that it meant no need to change the plugs... the plugs look absolutely fine... he did say we should probably re-gap them when we get a chance... close them down a bit...