V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

coffin muffler

Search this Thread

Old 8/13/05, 08:00 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thought I would let everyone know my take on the coffin muffler. I just recieved it yesterday. Very quick careful shipping. Went to put it on and was surprised at how precise of a fit it was. It was almost like the factory designed it. The fit and finish was excellent and the stainless tip fits exactly in the factory opening and looks great. At Idle its got a deep throaty sound. Not too loud though, just right for me. At normal driving the car is throaty but never overbearing. When you get on it is when it really screams. I cant say it sounds just like a v-8 but it doesnt sound like a rice can. Its got a very unique sound. I wish I had something that could capture the sound but unfortunately I dont. KC has soundclips at his website that you can hear but they are never like the real thing anyway. I will be posting some pics as soon as I find my camera. If you want to get one for yourself check ebay, thats kc sells them. I really recommend him, hes a great guy and this was an excellent addition to my car.
Old 8/13/05, 09:56 PM
Cobra R Member

Funny cause someone over on stangnet was the exact opposite, he said it sounds extremely ricey at high rpm, and im with him on that one. Sounds fine in the idle - 3k range. he said "I am sorry but it has the sound of a wanna be Rice grinder!!!"
Old 8/14/05, 12:37 AM
V6 Member

I agree its no v8 sound. And that could be due to the fact its a single. But to me its not a rice can, its somewhere in between. Id have to say I have never heard anything quite like it.
Old 8/14/05, 12:44 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Fazm@August 13, 2005, 8:59 PM
Funny cause someone over on stangnet was the exact opposite, he said it sounds extremely ricey at high rpm, and im with him on that one. Sounds fine in the idle - 3k range. he said "I am sorry but it has the sound of a wanna be Rice grinder!!!"
The term "Ricey" is soooo darn subjective. I suspect I'd have to hear it myself before believing anyone who claimed it was "ricey".
Old 8/14/05, 12:59 AM
Cobra R Member

Plenty of sound clips around, high quality ones too.
Old 8/14/05, 01:13 AM
Cobra Member

True... but I'm not sure I'd be willing to trust a sound clip. To me at least it's just not the same.
Old 8/14/05, 01:15 AM
Bullitt Member

It wasn't the Cough that carried him off,
It was the Coffin, they carried him off-in.
Old 8/20/05, 12:44 PM
The Analog Admin!

Received 2,992 Likes on 2,199 Posts
Originally posted by buscg@August 13, 2005, 7:03 PM
Thought I would let everyone know my take on the coffin muffler. I just recieved it yesterday. Very quick careful shipping. Went to put it on and was surprised at how precise of a fit it was. It was almost like the factory designed it. The fit and finish was excellent and the stainless tip fits exactly in the factory opening and looks great. At Idle its got a deep throaty sound. Not too loud though, just right for me. At normal driving the car is throaty but never overbearing. When you get on it is when it really screams. I cant say it sounds just like a v-8 but it doesnt sound like a rice can. Its got a very unique sound. I wish I had something that could capture the sound but unfortunately I dont. KC has soundclips at his website that you can hear but they are never like the real thing anyway. I will be posting some pics as soon as I find my camera. If you want to get one for yourself check ebay, thats kc sells them. I really recommend him, hes a great guy and this was an excellent addition to my car.
Brian ,

Thanks So Much for the Great Review! I put a Lot of my Personal Time,Effort and Money into Both The V8 and V6 Coffin Mufflers. The V6 Mustangs were put Behind the V8's as far as exhaust systems by most of the aftermarket Vendors which is why I concentrated on getting the V6 Coffins out there first vs the v8 Coffins. I believe it has a unique Pleasing sound and offers Great value to those wanting a More aggressive V6 Stang. I have sold quite a few on Ebay as cheaply as I can to get them out there and hear Reviews and spread the word from satisfied Customers. It's Strange I have sold quite a few and the FEEDBACK is Good but very Few take the Time to do a Post such as Brian. So for the most part the Coffins are unsung Heros. Thanks to Brian and The Other Few who have takin the time to Promote what I believe is a Great Product Hand Made in The USA for Mustangs and Born out of a Desire to offer something Different for THE MUSTANG SOURCE Family.

kc
Old 8/22/05, 02:21 AM
V6 Member

KC All I want now is a dual kit. I will be anxiously waiting. Thanks again, Brian