V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Check out this V-6!

Search this Thread

Old 12/28/04, 07:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ya know... V6 owners shouldn't be out to stomp GT owners. Irregardless of weather or not my car could actually pull that off, I don't really care. I own a V6, and it's a nice comfortable well rounded car. It's loaded up with options, so I'm super comfortable. I'm not out to race folks, and I really don't think V6 owners should bother. Weather you can do it or not, it doesn't matter. I agree with what you said swingle, but I take it one step further.

What should it matter if someone can make a bigger payment? None of it matters in the end. It doesn't earn a PERSON any more respect. The car is certainly to be respected for its power. What does it matter in the end though? Like you said... a mustang is a mustang. We all want a cool looking fun to drive car. What itteration we choose is up to us. Everyone just needs to know their place and be happy with that.

If you buy a V6, then enjoy it. If you want to hop the fool out of it... that's your business. Just don't disrespect others for their choices. As far as the small few of the GT owners (VERY SMALL, mind you) who would opt to trash on V6's... I only say... know your roots. 6's are the bread and butter. It's a car and a choice just like yours. Respect the person's choice and good taste, don't trash their lack of V8 performance.

Remember.... just like everyone else... you're making a payment. What does it matter if yours is more? There are always bigger fish. With a few hundred more a month, you could have gotten a Ford GT. Why settle for a MUSTANG GT? Follow me? People don't earn respect for owning a car. I didn't do anything special to EARN the right and character it takes to own an 05 mustang.

I DO however earn the character it takes to drive my '66 stang. I have built that pile of bolts from the ground up, and turned every nut and bolt on it except for the transmission. I didn't spend piles of money, but I have knowledge. That car is an artform to drive and to maintain. THAT demands respect for both the car and the owner. I'm not making payments. I'm working my butt off just to keep that rolling pile of history on the road. Yet, I never ask for or expect respect.

what you do is your business. I love mustangs period. I love talking to people about them, and I never harsh on them for anything... even if I'm talking to a V6 owner that has RICED their car. It's their parogative. I may not hold a lot of respect for the person OR the car, but I never show it. They love what they do, and as long as it makes them happy, that's fine.

I love what I do, and I don't need anyones respect, apprecaition, or acknowledgment in order to make me happy. I just do it for me. The rest is icing on the cake.

That's my version of war and peace. Until next time... StangerX signing off! LOL!
Old 12/28/04, 07:55 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by StangerX@December 28, 2004, 8:54 AM
With a few hundred more a month, you could have gotten a Ford GT. Why settle for a MUSTANG GT? Follow me?
Maybe you mean a Mustang Cobra? A Ford GT would be more than a few hundred more a month. Since the car is roughly 6 times the price, you payment would be 6 times as high with the same terms.
Old 12/28/04, 10:48 AM
FR500 Member

I don't know about that....It could be done givin the right terms. Granted under the terms you get for a typical car loan it's insane. But a GT would require "alternative" financing that would stretch out over a greater period of time.

How do you think people afford $150,000+ motorhomes? long term financing!

My brother in law has a huge motorhome that cost him that much and he pays $800 a month for it.

But let's face it.... most folks able to afford a GT would be paying cash and self insuring anyway.

Back to the topic
Old 12/28/04, 08:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i still cant see it....
Old 1/2/05, 09:05 PM

After purchasing a V-6 '05 for my wife for our 12th anniversary, I thought I'd poke around on the net to see what people were doing to customize the body. After seeing this post, I thought I'd register and throw in my two cents. I bought this car for her because she liked the color, styling, etc... Looks pretty much like a GT except it's shorter on HP. Since GT's are still in short supply, this was a way to get a new one now and after all of the newness has passed and the supply exceeds demand, maybe we'll get a GT or Cobra so we have his and hers.

I'm pretty impressed with the performance of the V-6. But the bottom line is the new styling of the '05. The reaction to the car by passers by is amazing. My 11 year old gets a big kick out of riding in it and people watching.

See pics. Tinting and striping already done by the dealer when we bought on Friday.

Old 1/2/05, 10:08 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
nice car. those sealer offered stripes (not the rockers, the hood) arentas bad as i thought they would look. but they still need improvement IMO. nice car overall.

oh boy. dont you hate it when you finally decide on a color, then you see a pic of another and you're sent spiralling into a black hole of indecision all over again? thanks alot dave

j/k man, again nice car
Old 1/3/05, 06:03 AM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks good and Welcome Dave!
Old 1/6/05, 03:40 PM
GT Member

Theres more chrome on that car than the honda's and F150's in East Austin!!!! BAH! chrome strips on every little thing possible.... ghettofied.
Old 1/6/05, 04:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by bryman@December 12, 2004, 9:53 PM
Like I said before, this car is rice because nothing (with possible exception of the dual exhaust) adds to the performance of the car. Now I am all for adding subtle personalized touches, but when you wrap yards of chrome trim around and stick a fake hood scoop on a car that is a nice clean design from the factory, it's just a bad idea. I would like to see what kind of trade-in this guy is going to get 2-5 years from now when half the chrome trim is falling off and the rest of the "mods" look like crap. The point is not that GT owners are snobs. I am not a GT owner yet, and I don't have a greater-than-thou attitude. I think the V6s with the factory sport stripes and spoilers look tasteful and nice. The point is that for the money this guy blew in "personalization," he probably could have had the "go" instead of the "show" - a GT.
maybe he did'nt blow in "personalization". maybe he wanted the "show" instead of the "go"!
Old 1/6/05, 04:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sorry Zepp! did'nt see your post until it was to late!
Old 1/6/05, 04:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Welcome Dave. Nice Car. leather or cloth int.?
Old 1/13/05, 12:23 AM
GT Member

Nice car!! Like the stripes. I'm new too. I'm going to stripe, tint the windows and have ordered a scoop for mine. My stripes will be white, wich I think will look good with the Legend Lime. I also want the ponys for the fenders.
Old 1/16/05, 09:51 AM

Originally posted by bryman@December 12, 2004, 12:37 PM
Wow, V6 rice to the extreme.
I agree. Gives Mustang v6 owners the ricer image.
Old 1/29/05, 09:33 PM
GT Member

I respect everyones "vision" of how their vehicle should be personalized.....regardless of how blurry that vision may be
Old 1/31/05, 04:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hey Jay, did you here back from the guy yet as to where he got the chrome surrounds for the grill, back end, etc?? Let me know if you get a chance, that's EXACTLY what I'd like to do, just the subtle stuff though, nothing gaudy. It's amazing what a little chrome trim will do to make the thing mimick the mid-60's Stangs. Hopefully this guy in Vegas will share his info with us.

Thanks, Mark.
Old 1/31/05, 05:24 PM
GT Member

It looks like adhesive "chrome" side molding that is sold by the roll. I think it can be found at Pep Boys.