Search this Thread

Old 12/12/04, 01:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All the bling in the world does not make up for lacking 2 cylinders
Old 12/12/04, 01:20 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow, some of you guys are tough! I like it except for the wheel lip trim. Nice job on the personalization. Paris Hilton once said: That's Hot.
Old 12/12/04, 01:25 PM
Bullitt Member

I like it, I think the 05 should have had crome trim accents on it like the 60's and 70's cars. Would rather see IUP for the interior. It looks really retro but not rice.
Old 12/12/04, 01:37 PM
GT Member

All that is is CDC hood clips and a Lund stick on scoop
Old 12/12/04, 01:55 PM
Cobra R Member

There are many who wanted more chrome on the 05 to make it look more retro. If you put it side by side with an older Mustang you will see the difference.

Except for the hood scoop. It looks ok.
Old 12/12/04, 02:47 PM
Cobra R Member

Pe'pe Le' Pew.....SKUNK STRIPE.
Old 12/12/04, 04:03 PM
V6 Member

Wow,it sure didn't take long for some in the V8 crowd to develop that ignorant snob attitude towards the V6 that everyone hates and it's a attitude that does not make for a TRUE mustang enthusiast. Not only that,some would actually have the NERVE to criticize a mustang owner who (gasp) personalizes his/her OWN car,the very idea of tinkering with YOUR mustang is what MADE the mustang what it is.
The '05 V6 is quite a car,it's hardly "base" at all,we should let it stand in its own merits and yet,year after year,we have the same comments condeming the V6,or a 4-cylinder,or a Mustang II,or a mustang Grande,or automatics,same stupid,petty little remarks. The mustang,in any form,is one of the greatest cars america has ever made,the LAST of it's kind,and yet,we choose sides,exclude those who can't and don't need to afford the optional or top models,they're all mustang owners,what does it matter? It's the Rorschach of Performance cars,from mild to wild,there is a mustang for every need,we should embrace that about the car!
I only hope those GT owners making snobby remarks get the same crap from ignorant cobra owners or Bullitt and Mach 1 owners. I would love to hear a "why mod it?it's only a GT" comment directed at one of these snobs! You can all then rot in your own hateful insular worlds. :notnice:
I hope some of you people don't belong to mustang clubs in the REAL world,i would hate for our car to be represented by people like that.
Old 12/12/04, 04:14 PM
rex
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Haljordan@December 12, 2004, 5:06 PM
Wow,it sure didn't take long for some in the V8 crowd to develop that ignorant snob attitude towards the V6 that everyone hates and it's a attitude that does not make for a TRUE mustang enthusiast. Not only that,some would actually have the NERVE to criticize a mustang owner who (gasp) personalizes his/her OWN car,the very idea of tinkering with YOUR mustang is what MADE the mustang what it is.
The '05 V6 is quite a car,it's hardly "base" at all,we should let it stand in its own merits and yet,year after year,we have the same comments condeming the V6,or a 4-cylinder,or a Mustang II,or a mustang Grande,or automatics,same stupid,petty little remarks. The mustang,in any form,is one of the greatest cars america has ever made,the LAST of it's kind,and yet,we choose sides,exclude those who can't and don't need to afford the optional or top models,they're all mustang owners,what does it matter? It's the Rorschach of Performance cars,from mild to wild,there is a mustang for every need,we should embrace that about the car!
I only hope those GT owners making snobby remarks get the same crap from ignorant cobra owners or Bullitt and Mach 1 owners. I would love to hear a "why mod it?it's only a GT" comment directed at one of these snobs! You can all then rot in your own hateful insular worlds. :notnice:
I hope some of you people don't belong to mustang clubs in the REAL world,i would hate for our car to be represented by people like that.
nicely said....
Old 12/12/04, 04:22 PM
GT Member

I don't like the chrome round the wheels or the rocker panel. I don't really like the tailight chrome or interior chrome. I kind of like the chrome arould the grill and doors.
And I do not think this is rice.
Old 12/12/04, 05:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

I don't like the single stripe that much, but remember, current Mach 1's have a stripe like that and this gen Mach 1 may actually end up looking somewhat similar to that front view. I like the retro (guess its not retro if it actually is a '68) logo on the front fenders, that IS a nice touch on a v6.

And for God sakes, not every personalized car that you happen to not like is rice. I think this respects the mustang heritage pretty well.
Old 12/12/04, 08:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Like I said before, this car is rice because nothing (with possible exception of the dual exhaust) adds to the performance of the car. Now I am all for adding subtle personalized touches, but when you wrap yards of chrome trim around and stick a fake hood scoop on a car that is a nice clean design from the factory, it's just a bad idea. I would like to see what kind of trade-in this guy is going to get 2-5 years from now when half the chrome trim is falling off and the rest of the "mods" look like crap. The point is not that GT owners are snobs. I am not a GT owner yet, and I don't have a greater-than-thou attitude. I think the V6s with the factory sport stripes and spoilers look tasteful and nice. The point is that for the money this guy blew in "personalization," he probably could have had the "go" instead of the "show" - a GT.
Old 12/12/04, 08:56 PM
Bullitt Member

I mean come on, take a look at the chrome placement on the dash in the passenger side. There is chrome trim right on top of where the airbag deploys. I hope nobody is sitting in the passenger seat if the airbag goes off, because they may be getting sliced up or worse by that extra "touch".
Old 12/12/04, 08:57 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by LordBritish@December 12, 2004, 12:20 PM
All the bling in the world does not make up for lacking 2 cylinders
In a way, yes. But be careful around here with anti-V6 comments

I know you weren't being too harsh though, so whatever.
Old 12/12/04, 08:59 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by bryman@December 12, 2004, 8:53 PM
Like I said before, this car is rice because nothing (with possible exception of the dual exhaust) adds to the performance of the car. Now I am all for adding subtle personalized touches, but when you wrap yards of chrome trim around and stick a fake hood scoop on a car that is a nice clean design from the factory, it's just a bad idea. I would like to see what kind of trade-in this guy is going to get 2-5 years from now when half the chrome trim is falling off and the rest of the "mods" look like crap. The point is not that GT owners are snobs. I am not a GT owner yet, and I don't have a greater-than-thou attitude. I think the V6s with the factory sport stripes and spoilers look tasteful and nice. The point is that for the money this guy blew in "personalization," he probably could have had the "go" instead of the "show" - a GT.
he may like the show more than the go. the go of the V6 may satisfy his need for speed, so he added some show to his liking
Old 12/12/04, 09:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Bah, I guess to each their own. I must be getting old.
Old 12/12/04, 09:08 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by bryman@December 12, 2004, 9:03 PM
Bah, I guess to each their own. I must be getting old.
i'm with ya about getting the GT instead of getting a V6 and customizing it, but other people would rather customize their cars if they believe they have enough power.
Old 12/12/04, 09:23 PM

To me the car looks awesome. I dont care how many cylinders it has.
Snobby v8 ppl
Old 12/12/04, 09:25 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice first post... a flame on half of the people on this board. :notnice:
Old 12/12/04, 09:29 PM

It wasnt a flame on half the ppl on the board, it was just for the ppl saying it wasnt right to have on the car because it was a v6
Old 12/12/04, 10:57 PM
GT Member

hood pins are sweet

Quick Reply: Check out this V-6!