V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Check out this V-6!

Search this Thread

Old 12/12/04, 11:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really dislike hood pics. I know its retro but it doesn't float with me.
Old 12/13/04, 03:37 AM
GT Member

Hey Everyone,

You can sure get a feel for the diversity of 05' owners on this thread. In my opinion, everyone has a right to like or dislike. The GT and V-6 owners are all lucky to be driving the 05's. Both styles have something to offer.

Jim
Old 12/13/04, 07:47 AM

on a side note...............does anybody know where to get the hood pins (if that's what they're called)...yal know..the small things that are on the hood of this V-6??
Old 12/13/04, 07:55 AM
Banned

I like the scoop. I always thought a scoop would look good. ........I would like the double stripes better..........overall very nice car.

Moderated Post

Last edited by shaneyusa; 10/1/23 at 03:51 PM.
Old 12/13/04, 08:37 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by bryman@December 12, 2004, 9:53 PM
Like I said before, this car is rice because nothing (with possible exception of the dual exhaust) adds to the performance of the car. Now I am all for adding subtle personalized touches, but when you wrap yards of chrome trim around and stick a fake hood scoop on a car that is a nice clean design from the factory, it's just a bad idea. I would like to see what kind of trade-in this guy is going to get 2-5 years from now when half the chrome trim is falling off and the rest of the "mods" look like crap. The point is not that GT owners are snobs. I am not a GT owner yet, and I don't have a greater-than-thou attitude. I think the V6s with the factory sport stripes and spoilers look tasteful and nice. The point is that for the money this guy blew in "personalization," he probably could have had the "go" instead of the "show" - a GT.
I guess all '99-'04 GT's came standard with rice since they came from the factory with a non-functional hood scoop.
Old 12/13/04, 08:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

:nono: :angry:
There is still wayyyy too much hateraide towards some V6 owners on these boards. Really its the only issue I have on here. Some folks around here can't afford to drop $28 to $30k on the V8 and there are those of us who have absolutely no need for all the power offered by a V8 engine.

I personally fall into both categories... Combination of student loans and a massive car payment would kill me. Then ontop of that the most power I've had was 110 horsies out of a 93 Eclipse. So jumping into a 210 horse V6 is going to be a huge step up in my experience.

But really if someone wants to customize their car reguardless of what version they have let them with the hateraide. 90% of all people that see the car WON'T EVEN HAVE A CLUE as to whether or not it's a V6 or V8. Most people that see "GT" just think that it has different interior packages not engines.

BTW... GT Purisits can thank ALL V6 owners for keeping the car alive. Without V6 sales the Mustang would have been in the history books a long time ago.

Also you can't slap "rice" on a car unless the total amount of stickers and non-fuctional crap eats up more then 10% of the cars power.

Sidenote: I find it entertaining that language filters are in use on this board yet we still have an emotiocon that is flipping the bird.
Old 12/13/04, 08:56 AM

Originally posted by Stadifer@December 13, 2004, 9:56 AM
Sidenote: I find it entertaining that language filters are in use on this board yet we still have an emotiocon that is flipping the bird.
There is? I just looked for it, but couldn't find it.
Old 12/13/04, 11:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Its okay, because I know quite a few 05 GT's that are going to get spanked by an 05 V6 here pretty soon so it will all be good in a matter of a few weeks.

The V6 has plenty of potential to wipe the snot out of a GT, sure maybe its a stock GT vs a slightly modded V6 but just the shame of (I have a V8 and you have a crappy 6) when he gets spanked by the V6 will finally earn some respect for the V6 crowd.

The GT by the way has the nusiance Drive by Wire (throttle by wire) and Motion Charge Control assembly plus look at the HP/Torq comparison of the 05 GT vs the 04 GT and look at the bottom end. The 04 actually produces more power and torq untilaround 4,000 rpm, which is where everyone is saying the GT is bogging off the line. (check out the current 5.0 Mustang magazine with the redfire GT on the cover) This requires ALL 05 GT owners to get the ECU reflash to correct this dip in the low end HP/Torq for their cars.

The V6 does not have this problem and in fact produces peak Torq at something like 3,500 rpm.

And yes I am putting hood pins on my V6 (real ones) and yes it is only for looks, but that is the reason why I am buying the car in the first place. THE LOOKS Retro styling etc. Its the first modern mustang that I actually like.
Old 12/13/04, 11:32 AM

Originally posted by NosferatuVI@December 13, 2004, 12:30 PM
The V6 has plenty of potential to wipe the snot out of a GT, sure maybe its a stock GT vs a slightly modded V6 but just the shame of (I have a V8 and you have a crappy 6) when he gets spanked by the V6 will finally earn some respect for the V6 crowd.
What slight mods are you talking about?
Old 12/13/04, 11:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by holderca1+December 13, 2004, 12:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (holderca1 @ December 13, 2004, 12:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NosferatuVI@December 13, 2004, 12:30 PM
What slight mods are you talking about? [/b][/quote]
Last I checked, there was nothing "Slight" about 90hp...and then you better hope you have an inexperienced driver in that GT...
Old 12/13/04, 11:45 AM

Originally posted by tekman13+December 13, 2004, 12:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tekman13 @ December 13, 2004, 12:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by holderca1@December 13, 2004, 12:35 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-NosferatuVI
@December 13, 2004, 12:30 PM

What slight mods are you talking about?
Last I checked, there was nothing "Slight" about 90hp...and then you better hope you have an inexperienced driver in that GT... [/b][/quote]
Exactly.
Old 12/13/04, 11:51 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Personally I don't like the hood scoop. Looks too small for this car. I have to assume he replaced the bumper to have the dual exhaust cutouts on it. Skunk stripe is not too bad. I personally prefer my dual racing stripes but all-in-all his car is not that bad.
Old 12/13/04, 11:55 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally posted by NosferatuVI@December 13, 2004, 12:30 PM
Its okay, because I know quite a few 05 GT's that are going to get spanked by an 05 V6 here pretty soon so it will all be good in a matter of a few weeks.

Hmmm, a V6 stang Spanking a V8 stang.....makes ya think why FORD even made the V8 doesn't it.......

NOT! You go right ahead and spend big bucks to get a V6 to keep up with a V8 and then we will just do a cheap mod to go even faster.

I am not knocking V6's, I have nothing against them, just don't understand how you could possibly think that this "idea" of yours would even work. Until I am proven wrong, that is what I think.
Old 12/13/04, 12:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

A V6 Stang is a poor base to to mods.

I'm not knocking V6 owners but if you're going to poke fun at GT owners then it's fair game.

Sure you can put a turbo and NO2 in a V6, but after spending all that $$$ on mods, you gotta ask yourself - "Why didn't I get a GT to start with?"
Old 12/13/04, 12:11 PM
Cobra Member

the 68 mustang emblems in the sides is the only thing i will add to my car

gives it a little extra classy touch
Old 12/13/04, 12:23 PM
Bullitt Member

It's ugly for a V6 or a GT. Too much chrome trim, Black stripe doesn't go all the way down, hood pins are too small as well as the hood scoop, and those cut-outs and dual exhaust look weak! :notnice:
Old 12/13/04, 12:49 PM
Bullitt Member

well you can go high dollar and slap the SuperCharger for the same motor in the explorer into the mustang for about $2,600 (half the cost dif of the GT).

you can drop in 3.74 gears and the rear sway bar.

equal length headers (again for the same motor found in the explorer)

65mm Throttle Body

dump the restrictive muffler for a free flowing unit of your choice.

"cam" the timing 1 degree ADV.

raise the fuel pressure by 30psi

switch out the "squirters" with high flow units from RC engineering.

swap the pullies with the underdrive units (again already out for the same motor in the explorer)

put in the CAI unit

even without the supercharger if you do just the above low cost "bolt ons" that with the slight weight advantage and lack of bottom end "bog" in the GT and the V6 is capable of hole shoting the GT off the line up to 80 or 85 mph. Which is all you need in stop light battles. Of course on the highway the GT will ALWAYS over take any V6 but that purely on displacement and raw torq available at the top end.

But on the Street, you are not doing 140mph between stoplights, so what counts is being able to drop gears in the car while cruising at say 2k or less on the street, hammering the throttle and getting the car to launch ahead of your street rival.

I have done this many many times on the street in a modified honda against some jock head in his stock 5.0. Sure if you have a modified V8 then its almost no match. But how many people running around in a GT have a fully hopped up car ? Not many because of A the fuel expense and maint expense or the high cost of insurance.

Plus to get the 05 GT to really run hard off the line YOU HAVE TOMUST HAVE TO HAVE NO CHOICE but to reflash the ecu. And how many of these brainless, clueless macho man types on the street buying the GT are really going to know that or know where to go to get their car flashed ?

I think we will see some really sick V6's here in the next few months.
Old 12/13/04, 02:55 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by LordBritish@December 12, 2004, 2:20 PM
All the bling in the world does not make up for lacking 2 cylinders
I like the scoop, but would use the larger Hood Pins, those look 2 small. The stripe is neat like the old Boss 302, and the Chrome Tailight trim is cool, But my Qute Says it all!
Old 12/13/04, 02:59 PM

I have seen an 05 GT beaten by the 05 V6, so I know it can be done!
Old 12/13/04, 03:04 PM
Bullitt Member

yupe I know it can be done too, thats why I bought the V6 instead of the GT

Quick Reply: Check out this V-6!