V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Auburn LDS and 3.73 gears installed and dyno

Search this Thread

Old 1/17/06, 10:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doug and I just emailed back and forth a couple times. If my A/F was at 22, he said I'd had called him way before now. The 22 is just a default reading.

This shop requires a special O2 sensor. From their site: [For Air/Fuel Ratio Monitoring, Oxygen Sensor bungs are required. Bungs w/plugs are available for $55.00 installed depending on vehicle.]

So, the A/F wasn't measured on this run.
Old 1/18/06, 02:17 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by hamidlmt@January 17, 2006, 11:19 PM
I wasn't there... ACK!

I'll get down to the bottom of this tomorrow and give the shop a call.

Thanks for all of your input.
I was kidding. Guess nobody got it.
Old 1/18/06, 08:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Jimp@January 18, 2006, 4:20 AM
I was kidding. Guess nobody got it.
I got it, Jimp!

They ain't gonna go probing me at the speed shop!! hehe
Old 1/18/06, 09:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by MSP+January 17, 2006, 6:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ January 17, 2006, 6:48 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Do you remember if he stuck a sensor in the tail-pipe?
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Jimp
@January 17, 2006, 7:07 PM
Seems like he'd remember that!
[/quote]

c'mon... we drive Ford Mustangs...not Ford Probes!
Old 1/18/06, 12:00 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by hamidlmt@January 17, 2006, 9:36 PM
Doug and I just emailed back and forth a couple times. If my A/F was at 22, he said I'd had called him way before now. The 22 is just a default reading.

This shop requires a special O2 sensor. From their site: [For Air/Fuel Ratio Monitoring, Oxygen Sensor bungs are required. Bungs w/plugs are available for $55.00 installed depending on vehicle.]

So, the A/F wasn't measured on this run.

I'm glad Doug confirmed that Fazm was indeed correct... I am a man of honor and love to admit when I have jumped the gun... Atleast my pressing of the issue has resulted in the quick pursuit of a resolution and answer to the odd reading.. My apologies to Fazm, for doubting his intellect in regards to the subject.. Knowledge has been gained by me in regards to the default reading...

Also gained by me was the difference between the Mustang Dyno, and the Dyno Jet, which was information presented and researched by you Hamidlmt...

When looking or comparing your tune to Scrmings, I notice that you have more available rwhp than him, but he has alot more available torque.. I am now wondering at what point or level does the A/F effect torque over HP..

When comparing the 2, I would much more like to give up 2 rwhp and gain 24 ft lbs of torque... It would have provided much more info to us if you would have had the A/F sensor hooked up.. By no fault of your own however.. But atleast you can see how important the reading is, when trying to understand the dyno sheet...

So once again, glad everything is somewhat normal in your tune..

Sorry about that, I was thinking of Garyb900's dyno sheet.. You have 189rwhp.. Disregard the comparison..
Old 1/18/06, 03:22 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by MSP@January 18, 2006, 2:03 PM
I'm glad Doug confirmed that Fazm was indeed correct... I am a man of honor and love to admit when I have jumped the gun... Atleast my pressing of the issue has resulted in the quick pursuit of a resolution and answer to the odd reading.. My apologies to Fazm, for doubting his intellect in regards to the subject.. Knowledge has been gained by me in regards to the default reading...

Also gained by me was the difference between the Mustang Dyno, and the Dyno Jet, which was information presented and researched by you Hamidlmt...

When looking or comparing your tune to Scrmings, I notice that you have more available rwhp than him, but he has alot more available torque.. I am now wondering at what point or level does the A/F effect torque over HP..

When comparing the 2, I would much more like to give up 2 rwhp and gain 24 ft lbs of torque... It would have provided much more info to us if you would have had the A/F sensor hooked up.. By no fault of your own however.. But atleast you can see how important the reading is, when trying to understand the dyno sheet...

So once again, glad everything is somewhat normal in your tune..
Sorry about that, I was thinking of Garyb900's dyno sheet.. You have 189rwhp.. Disregard the comparison..

Don't forget I'm running the 4.10s... more torque and can cause a the car to appear to have less HP...
Old 1/18/06, 05:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Hamid, Congrats on the install! You'll love it. Just for giggles I had to leave two nice long black marks the other day.
I have 200 miles on the t-lok and gears now and it is performing fine. I do get a little whine like you spoke of so I think it's they way it is supposed to be. I think I read that somehwere too.
I just got some new tunes from Doug to fix the A/F ratio. He is aware and working on it so if you talk to him I'm sure he'll get you updated tunes.
He found that for some reason the manulas and autos have different A/F setting for the C&L. He worked on Larry's car and fine tunes the tunes! He's gonna do some more Monday and get back to me.
When I get it all set I"m going back to the dyno for another run and see what we get then. Hopefully a little more HP.
Old 1/18/06, 06:28 PM
Cobra R Member

No prob msp, didnt even know you were doubting me lol. Being an ase mechanic has its perks lol.

Im hopin to get my TT installed next week, and i was gonna go to the track this week but i broke my finger and bruised my hand workin on a vette today, so maybe ill postpone it.
Old 1/18/06, 07:23 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by Fazm@January 18, 2006, 5:31 PM
No prob msp, didnt even know you were doubting me lol. Being an ase mechanic has its perks lol.

Im hopin to get my TT installed next week, and i was gonna go to the track this week but i broke my finger and bruised my hand workin on a vette today, so maybe ill postpone it.
What part were you working on, which caused you to break your finger on the vette? That really sucks..
Old 1/18/06, 07:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

MSP... no worries... it sparked a great discussion!

Gary... I've only got about 100 miles after the install... it's been wet and rainy and I'm not quite ready to test out how many black marks I can leave... oh, but I sure want to! I'm right with ya... I'll get Doug's new tunes and then get to the dyno soon enough. After that, I'll also track down a dynojet so we can have a comparrison of the two major dyno platforms. And, glad I'm not the only one hearing the whistle. I'm getting used to it, but noticed it's almost constant around 65-70.

Just an update on the gears and Auburn... haven't really opened 'er up yet due to the wet conditions (it's been raining nearly non-stop in Portland for about a month!)... but semi-hard launches (both to the left and straight) are noticeably more solid. With the gears, she seems so ready to go! Methinks I'm gonna dig this mod!
Old 1/19/06, 07:51 AM
Cobra R Member

stress fracture doing the water pump on it. stupid belt tensioner was bad and i was pressin too hard and crack
Old 1/21/06, 07:28 PM
GT Member

Hamidlmt: Have you noticed if you are still getting noises from the new rear diff? At highway cruising or normal stop-go-city-driving, is the Auburn any different sounding than the stock open diff? How is the Auburns performance when you step on it and it needs to lock?

Eric.
Old 1/21/06, 08:30 PM
GT Member

I was expecting a lot more higher numbers from the mods you have listed. especially with the headers But you said they only recalibrated the speedometer though so...
Old 1/22/06, 02:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by esorense@January 21, 2006, 6:31 PM
Hamidlmt: Have you noticed if you are still getting noises from the new rear diff? At highway cruising or normal stop-go-city-driving, is the Auburn any different sounding than the stock open diff? How is the Auburns performance when you step on it and it needs to lock?

Eric.
Any noise I'm getting is probably from the gears. The Auburn seems about the same as the stock differential. I haven't really ripped 'er up yet. Given half throttle from a stop and let the tires squeal for just a moment... only to make sure both were getting power. Felt nice and solid. Launches and turns all feel more solid.
Old 1/22/06, 03:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Ricklmesa@***.net@January 21, 2006, 7:33 PM
I was expecting a lot more higher numbers from the mods you have listed. especially with the headers But you said they only recalibrated the speedometer though so...
Done a bit of research since the dyno. I'm at 189.8 on a Mustang dyno. Most everybody on the forums are posting numbers from a dynojet. A Mustang dyno is generally regarded to show 8-15% (depending on your source - this is about the widest range I've seen) less than a dynojet since it simulates the load of real driving situations. Take the discrepency on the conservative side... say, there's a 5% difference... I'd be hitting 200 rwhp on the dynojet. That's not too shabby.

Once I get a pro tune on the Mustang dyno, I'll turn around and test it on a dynojet so my curiosity will be sated.
Old 1/22/06, 06:21 AM
GT Member

Makes sense