V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

ASP underdrive pulley

Search this Thread

Old 1/29/13, 05:20 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ASP underdrive pulley

I was getting all kinds of noises from the engine. replaced the belt, tensioner, and idler pulley and half the squealing was gone. I was still getting more squeal and this continuous on and off scraping noise. Narrowed it down to my water pump and crank pulley. I was a little hesitant on the ASP underdrive pulley (to replace the crank pulley)...But man i love that thing! No issues with radio or lights. BUT...i highly recommend anyone who's thinking about this mod to do it yourself. I got lazy and paid Sears to do it and they managed to torque it down wrong (they didnt even think the part would work). My car threw a code for a misfire in cylinder 1... Just loosened the bolt and torqued it down correctly and no more problems. And the Squealing is gone. All i got left is that water pump for the scraping noise. But man that underdrive pulley rocks! I definitely recommend it! I dont think it works with S/C applications though.
Old 1/29/13, 11:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Topnosxrs
I was getting all kinds of noises from the engine. replaced the belt, tensioner, and idler pulley and half the squealing was gone. I was still getting more squeal and this continuous on and off scraping noise. Narrowed it down to my water pump and crank pulley. I was a little hesitant on the ASP underdrive pulley (to replace the crank pulley)...But man i love that thing! No issues with radio or lights. BUT...i highly recommend anyone who's thinking about this mod to do it yourself. I got lazy and paid Sears to do it and they managed to torque it down wrong (they didnt even think the part would work). My car threw a code for a misfire in cylinder 1... Just loosened the bolt and torqued it down correctly and no more problems. And the Squealing is gone. All i got left is that water pump for the scraping noise. But man that underdrive pulley rocks! I definitely recommend it! I dont think it works with S/C applications though.
Where did you get it? I've been looking for a v6 UDP
Old 1/30/13, 11:38 AM
V6 Member

http://www.stangmods.com/ASP-V6-Unde...lt-p/00234.htm

I used coupon code STANGMODS for 5% off. Awesome price since its a combo and free shipping. other sites i found were charging 300 just for the pulley =/
Old 1/30/13, 11:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Topnosxrs
http://www.stangmods.com/ASP-V6-Unde...lt-p/00234.htm

I used coupon code STANGMODS for 5% off. Awesome price since its a combo and free shipping. other sites i found were charging 300 just for the pulley =/
Awesome thanks a bunch for sharing, that'll be my next mod lol
Old 1/30/13, 02:22 PM
V6 Member

No problem. Hope it works out well for you