V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Any Shnazzy Fog Lamp Choices yet?

Search this Thread

Old 4/18/05, 01:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A while ago I saw a topic on the home page of this site. It had a kick hiney looking fog lamp/grille combo with the old school coral. There was speculation stirring that it might be an option for future V6's.

Has anything come of that topic? I haven't seen any new discussions of that yet, nor have I seen anything showing up on aftermarket choices. The only thing I know that can be done is the GT grille mod. That's really not a viable choice for me because - while I LOVE the GT grille and wouldn't mind doing the mod, I couldn't stand any imperfections. The thought of any kind of Gap is heart wrenching for me.

I'm holding out until I can find an excellent quality offering from someone that will fit the V6 like a glove. Now I KNOW that this will be a HUGE to-do in the coming years as aftermarket folks DIVE all over the trend. However, has anyone found an offering that is currently available?

I've scoured the web searching for options and thus far have found nothing. That is really the only change I want to make to the exterior of the car (save for some window tint), and so I want it to be worth the expenditure.

I know it's probably a tired topic, and I appologize for the redundancy. I just haven't been able to find anything (searching these forums or on the web), and thought someone might know something I don't.

Thanks in advance for anything that can be offered. I'm really excited about the possibilities that will become available, and can't wait until I can find a solution. The front of that car just BEGS for those lights!

A friend of mine got a GT this past week, and seeing the lights really REALLY made me want to do something about it. Yet I'm still in the dark (pun intended). surely there must be something!?
Old 4/18/05, 01:21 PM
Bullitt Member

UPDATE:
After some serious searching on this site, I found the setup I was talking about. I sure hope this works out as I heard it speculated. I'd ****** one of these up in a skinny minute!

Old 4/18/05, 06:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

As far as I know there is no grill in produciton like the one you are looking for. I remember seeing that picture somewhere, but I cant recall if it was on a prototype or a photochop. There was one going around someone had done with something similar.. attaching it at the bottom.

A few people have done a different sort of addtion, myself included, and love it..
Old 4/18/05, 07:48 PM

Seeing that pic brings this 2005 v6 to mind.

http://www.mwstangs.com/ourpics/News/select3311.htm
Old 4/18/05, 08:49 PM
V6 Member

Talk is the '06 "pony" option will include that chrome retro fog lamp grille. There is a recent post titled something like "06 V6 options". The author mentions the fog lamp grille. Check it out.
Old 4/22/05, 01:34 PM
Bullitt Member

What about something like this as a potential solution? They could be easilly added to the grille and would offer a nice chrome touch. I think they also offer some black plastic surrounded lamps:

http://www.performanceproducts.com/Product...&producttype=10

How large are the GT lamps? I think these are 8" and might be too big. not sure. Anyways. Just trying to come up with some good ideas. I'm still holding off to see what is done in the next few years. I'm so busy enjoying the car, I couldn't possibly adulterate my experience with mods yet. ) It's just good to keep your finger on the pulse.
Old 4/22/05, 05:57 PM

Originally posted by Zodiac@April 18, 2005, 8:45 PM
As far as I know there is no grill in produciton like the one you are looking for. I remember seeing that picture somewhere, but I cant recall if it was on a prototype or a photochop. There was one going around someone had done with something similar.. attaching it at the bottom.

A few people have done a different sort of addtion, myself included, and love it..
Is that your red mustang? I love what is done with the grill- is that an aftermarket part cut to fit or is that an actual chrome insert from a late 60's mustang? The F-O-R-D on the hood makes it look so authentic as well.
Old 4/24/05, 09:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by cu3885+April 22, 2005, 7:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cu3885 @ April 22, 2005, 7:00 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Zodiac@April 18, 2005, 8:45 PM

Is that your red mustang? I love what is done with the grill- is that an aftermarket part cut to fit or is that an actual chrome insert from a late 60's mustang? The F-O-R-D on the hood makes it look so authentic as well.
[/b][/quote]

Sadly it was a photochop someone did a few months back. I really love the way it looks as well, but most members here didnt seem to take to it too much. Maybe we'll get lucky and someone will make one for us.