V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

13.08@105MPH w/8.5lbs on a AT V6

Search this Thread

Old 7/2/06, 08:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We shall see, it will be cool to meet up with John and hang out. For both of us, it will be like racing for the first time. Both of us have completely different cars from our juiced days.

For example he ran a 1.8 60ft and a 13.1, and I ran a 2.03 60ft on street tries and a 13.6. But now we are FI, trust me, leaning to launch is different between the two.

The playing field is all different now. We shall see....

And as always, we will be giving each other pointers and feedback like we always do. For me, this isn't a TC vs. SC run, just a fun match up to see two boosted 4.0s go at it. Both John and I have had our rears handed to us by the PH car. LOL.
Old 7/2/06, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by MSP
For this particular race, I think you should have Mike Bowen send you the 9.5psi tune.. Your going to need the extra psi to catch Scrmings after his 1.8 60ft! Might be better to have mike send you a 10psi spring and tune.. 1.8 60ft means alot more at the other end of the track..
I will be sticking to 8.5psi, just imagine what I can do with it and a 60ft time under 2.0. No need to up the boost until I am sure I have gotten the best out of the car at 8.5. LOL. There is definitely room for improvement, its a driver issue now.
Old 7/2/06, 09:10 PM
MSP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rygenstormlocke
I will be sticking to 8.5psi, just imagine what I can do with it and a 60ft time under 2.0. No need to up the boost until I am sure I have gotten the best out of the car at 8.5. LOL. There is definitely room for improvement, its a driver issue now.
Yeah for sure.. Its definatley a 12.5 et car with it all hooking up.. Should be pretty fun to watch..

I have been practicing my take offs somewhat at the stoplights.. LOL! There is a very fine balancing act you must perform with a 5spd and boost.. Let out the clutch too fast and the tires break loose.. Give it too much gas and the tires break loose.. Sneeze when the light turns green, and the tires break loose.. LOL!

I'm practicing.. Some day I will make an attempt to be as good as you and John..
Old 7/2/06, 09:31 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
They both have automatics and both have FI that builds boost with rpm. scrming's 60' time will suffer too. They will both launch basically without boost. scrming's 4.10s will give him a slight advantage in that respect but then again, the turbo makes full boost by 2900rpm? Maybe scrming has gone ahead and put in a stall converter on the sligh? We'll see. Should be a good race. Good luck to you both! =)
Old 7/3/06, 12:07 AM
MSP
Banned

Originally Posted by BlackLX4.0
They both have automatics and both have FI that builds boost with rpm. scrming's 60' time will suffer too. They will both launch basically without boost. scrming's 4.10s will give him a slight advantage in that respect but then again, the turbo makes full boost by 2900rpm? Maybe scrming has gone ahead and put in a stall converter on the sligh? We'll see. Should be a good race. Good luck to you both! =)
Trust me.. The Vortech has the ability to launch with boost no problem.. Its a matter of making it stick to the track..

Dont mis-understand the concept of the Vortech.. People seem to think that boost only works at 3500RPM.. This may be true in terms of the bypass is concerned.. However, all it takes is not even a 1/4 throttle to light the tires, and the blower will quickley try and smash the needle against the rev limiter, as if it really pissed off..

So the concept launching like a stock V6 when out of boost is out of the question..

I'm not sure what Scrmings opinion will be about this, and personally I dont trust him to take my viewpoint on this situation.. You can basically believe what you want.. Scrming has an automatic and cant speak or represent my cars abilities, and the same goes for me..

But dont think the Blowers cant dig hard out of the hole if they want.. The problem is making it stick.. Once you learn how to use boost with the V2, you can make it work at will.. Of course this is referencing my 5spd.. However, I am sure Scrming has learned by now how to get the boost flowing quickley from a dead stop.. I dont have to be at 3500RPM to lose traction.. Its really hard to explain..

Like I said, I dont trust that Scrming will agree with me, since his main point of existance is to oppose me at all cost.. LOL!! Someday him and I will have an opportunity to go a few rounds..
Old 7/3/06, 03:34 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by BlackLX4.0
Nope... no new Torque converter for me... With the 4.10s I can barely hold the car back to 1800 RPM... the back brakes just won't hold her!

I'm expecting it to be a very good race! Although Rygen has a 100 pound weight advantage... so he has to beat me by more than .1 this time!!!! LOL!

But really... I'm mainly looking forward to meeting Rygen in person and hanging out at the track! It's going to be a blast!!! LOL! And when we both dip into the 12's... that will just be icing on the cake!!!
Old 7/3/06, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by MSP
Yeah for sure.. Its definatley a 12.5 et car with it all hooking up.. Should be pretty fun to watch..
12.5, I doubt it with my current gear ratio and no stall. But it could be done later down the road possibly.
Old 7/3/06, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by scrming
Nope... no new Torque converter for me... With the 4.10s I can barely hold the car back to 1800 RPM... the back brakes just won't hold her!

I'm expecting it to be a very good race! Although Rygen has a 100 pound weight advantage... so he has to beat me by more than .1 this time!!!! LOL!

But really... I'm mainly looking forward to meeting Rygen in person and hanging out at the track! It's going to be a blast!!! LOL! And when we both dip into the 12's... that will just be icing on the cake!!!
Well said John. It will be awesome indeed, and looking forward to hanging out as well. We will both taste 12's at some point this season, I am sure of it.

I've been downing donuts like you wouldn't believe, but somehow I don't think I will gain that extra 100lbs to make up the difference in time. LOL.
Old 7/3/06, 06:58 AM
GT Member

Rygen it's good to see other people are being productive members of society on a day that EVERYONE has off. I've called 6 subcontractors today, 5 of them are off.

How are you going to resolve your traction issue Rygen? Would subframe connectors hurt at all? I've always been in the dark with what they do, aid in weight transfer, right?
Old 7/3/06, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Goliath
Rygen it's good to see other people are being productive members of society on a day that EVERYONE has off. I've called 6 subcontractors today, 5 of them are off.
LOL, I just finished a few hours of work. Technically I have the day off, but I'm in IT, on call 24/7. So with our new accounting and dataware house system cutover last thursday, I have been working saturday, sunday and today. LOL.

It sucks though, hope you don't end up putting in a long day!

How are you going to resolve your traction issue Rygen? Would subframe connectors hurt at all? I've always been in the dark with what they do, aid in weight transfer, right?
Actually with the new M&H DR's, I don't have traction issues. What I have is a driver issue!! I am not launching hard enough, on my 13.08 pass, I launched at 2100rpm. I need to launch harder....and I could also tweak my shift setup too.
Old 7/3/06, 07:12 AM
Cam Tease

Nah, subframe connectors increase torsional rigidity to prevent chassis flex in the twisties. They were important in SN95s, but not so much for the new cars. As far as drag-oriented suspension parts are concernred, LCAs wouldn't be a bad thing.
Old 7/3/06, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by AnotherMustangMan
Nah, subframe connectors increase torsional rigidity to prevent chassis flex in the twisties. They were important in SN95s, but not so much for the new cars. As far as drag-oriented suspension parts are concernred, LCAs wouldn't be a bad thing.
Thanks man, both of us are already running LCA's. I have a UCA, not sure about Scrming and he has 50/50 drag shocks which I don't have.
Old 7/3/06, 07:27 AM
GT Member

I'm just curious why your 60' isn't <2. Can you launch higher than 2100 w/ the AT w/out a stall converter?

You gettin better at heating up the tires? It seems to me that if you could gain that time on your 60' to get you below 2sec you'd pick up that 10th you need to be in the 12's.

I will be out of here by 3pm today, then I'm going to go give blood, then I'm going to the bar so my BAC can skyrocket on fewer beers. note: giving blood and going out drinking were not planned together, they called me and said give blood, so I said 'ok' after I had the bar plans already lol.
Old 7/3/06, 07:31 AM

My 60ft is not less than 2 due to driver error. I can launch higher than 2100, just need to do it. I'm starting to get the hang of heating up the DR's.

LOL, give blood then drink. Nice. Just be careful man.
Old 7/3/06, 07:33 AM
GT Member

well get to the track and be the first s197 v6 (non professional) running 12's!

yeah I'll be careful, this ain't my first rodeo.
Old 7/3/06, 07:45 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by AnotherMustangMan
Agreed... the S197 is incredibly stiffer... sub-frame connectors would just be adding unnecesarry weight... LOL!

My problem might be that I put my lowering springs back in.... not so good for the track... but dang The Mistress now has the perfect stance!!! LOL!
Old 7/3/06, 07:49 AM
Cobra Member

well get to the track and be the first s197 v6 (non professional) running 12's!

yeah I'll be careful, this ain't my first rodeo.
Since Rygen and I will BOTH be at the SAME TRACK this weekend, it could get VERY INTERESTING! We could have 2 non-shopped owned S197 V6 automatics in the 12's!!! LOL!
Old 7/3/06, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by scrming
Since Rygen and I will BOTH be at the SAME TRACK this weekend, it could get VERY INTERESTING! We could have 2 non-shopped owned S197 V6 automatics in the 12's!!! LOL!
That is the plan!!!! We got to make sure we help each other to do it!!! I'm sure MRT and PH will be helping too.

I got my digital camera and minidv ready to go!!!!!!
Old 7/3/06, 09:23 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by MSP
@Fazm

Do you think your 2003 Cobra could hang with this Dakota R/T! He seems to be pretty slow..????

http://www.dragtimes.com/Dodge-Dakot...slip-2661.html

Com on guys!! Stop playing games.. You know it was a good kill.. LOL!!

They all start out life at 250 HP.. Big deal!! Like we start at 210HP!
Someone hasnt seen mine lately lol. I can promise he has more into it than i do too. Do i think i could take him? No because i still have the IRS and even launching at 3000k and bogging it feels like the axles are going to snap.

Guess what, this isnt the one you raced though. I can send you links to caravans running 7s. Whats your point.
Old 7/3/06, 10:23 AM
MSP
Banned

Originally Posted by Fazm
Someone hasnt seen mine lately lol. I can promise he has more into it than i do too. Do i think i could take him? No because i still have the IRS and even launching at 3000k and bogging it feels like the axles are going to snap.

Guess what, this isnt the one you raced though. I can send you links to caravans running 7s. Whats your point.
The point is, you referenced the car in its stock form and implied it being slow from that standpoint.. It would be the same if GT owners referenced our cars at 210HP and said there is no big deal that a N/A GT beat a Blown V6...

Its like if a GT owner around here mentioned to his forum crowd that he raced a Blown V6 and won.. Now we all know that would mean the GT's N/A tune and bolt ons is producing some major power.. However his forum members insisted that the race was no big deal because it was a 2005 V6 @ 210HP.. LOL!

See what I mean..?

@Scrming

Your making it sound really good.. You guys are going to have an incredible time.. Congrats.. I would give a whole lot to be able to hang out at the track with you both.. Imagine us all being at the same track supporting each others run..

I can see it now.. As I cross the traps with a 14.0 you would come running over saying see I told you!! LOL!!

Seriously I cant even guess who is going to come out on top.. I know Rygens car is capable of atleast a 12.7.. I know your car is able to reliably run under a 2.0sec 60ft.. I think the race will be determined in the 60ft.. But we shall see..

Quick Reply: 13.08@105MPH w/8.5lbs on a AT V6