V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

13.08@105MPH w/8.5lbs on a AT V6

Search this Thread

Old 6/24/06, 07:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
13.08@105MPH w/8.5lbs on a AT V6

8th Annual Old Dominion FFW Nationals, June 23, 24 & 25
Virginia Motorsports Park in Dinwiddie (right outside of Richmond VA)

Well, more time at the track. This time I have to say I am quite pleased. First off, I have to say, the guys at Powerhouse are top notch!!!!!! Every one of them was helpful, and patient with me. They loaned me a set of DR’s!!!! They taught me how to stage, launch, etc. They are great group of guys, stand behind their product and really care about their customers. Everyone I know that has done business with them has confirmed what I have said now and previously.

Now, for the results, on the stock turbo street tune, on M&H DR’s, with an auto with no tweaking to the tune what so ever, no stall converter, no race gas, street tranny tune (not hard track shifts), just what you would get if you bought the intercooled kit from them, at 8.5lbs of boost…..
  • 60 ft: 2.05
  • 330: 5.55
  • 1/8: 8.44
  • MPH: 84.76
  • 1000: 10.96
  • 1/4: 13.08 (kick ***!!!)
  • MPH: 105.99
I must say, I barely topped Scrming, man does he set the bar high. I’m not sure how long I can enjoy this lead on him but it feels great being within a 10 th of him. I expect he will generate some kick *** results when he get’s his boosted Mistress to the track.

Now, I did have an initial run of 13.3, then a run at 13.2, both at 105MPH. Something everyone should know, yes, a stall converter is in my future, however, there were two things preventing me from breaking 12’s (besides the hot and humid weather later in the afternoon).
  • Heating up my tires (I’m still getting the hang of the DR’s, I still do not heat them up enough)
  • RPM (I am not launching high enough, 2100 isn’t enough, I can pull off 2300, possibly 2400/2500)
I am not spinning at the line, I am hooking hard!!!! Even at 2100. I know this car has 12’s in her just as she is, and I plan to do that by mastering my launch, and adjusting the shift pressure. I just need 1/10 th to break 12’s and I know she can do it. I have a lot to learn, and I really need to relax at the tree. I got jumpy a few times acting like a complete noob!!!!!

Now for some pics, hope you all like them:

Hanging with PH, man that PH V6 is one mean *** car….

I feel bad for this GT, instead of letting off the gas he kept on it and went into the wall….

Stella burning out….

Hanging some more with PH, got a lot of complements on making a V6 quick!

My favourite show car there:

Old 6/24/06, 08:35 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Awesome numbers man! Congrats on being the new king!
Old 6/25/06, 12:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Simply sweet! I can't even imagine how stoked you are! You're making us all proud!
Old 6/25/06, 07:22 AM

Thanks guys!!!! I appreciate it. Man I am hungry for 12's.
Old 6/26/06, 05:08 AM
GT Member

Way to go!
Old 6/27/06, 01:09 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally Posted by rygenstormlocke
Thanks guys!!!! I appreciate it. Man I am hungry for 12's.
Hey Rygen I did some poking around and noticed you added 21MPH after the 1/8th mile marker..

I seen a timeslip of a guy somewhere that added only 20MPH and ran a 12.7 ET..

Obviously he beat you to the 1/8th marker and had a shorter 60ft time.. However, I find it quite admirable that your car at 8.5psi is adding 21MPH worth of speed after the 1/8th marker..

can anyone say *****! LOL! Nice job Master RaginStormLocke!

Check out #224!! He shows you have a 12.7ET car on its face value..

http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford--Musta...?resultpage=12

Looks like he is hooking it all up.. You appear to have quite abit of time to make up actually.. Smokin!!

Like you said its all in the 60ft.. He has a 1.67 60 ft.. WOW!! Gotta be on slicks diggin really hard..
Old 6/28/06, 08:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Friggin awesome, and that 6 looks sweet, great job. It must be itching you to be so close to 12s! =).
Old 6/28/06, 09:50 AM

Thanks man, appreciate the props from a V8 brother. Yea, I'm going nuts for 12's now. LOL.
Old 6/28/06, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by MSP
Hey Rygen I did some poking around and noticed you added 21MPH after the 1/8th mile marker..

I seen a timeslip of a guy somewhere that added only 20MPH and ran a 12.7 ET..

Obviously he beat you to the 1/8th marker and had a shorter 60ft time.. However, I find it quite admirable that your car at 8.5psi is adding 21MPH worth of speed after the 1/8th marker..

can anyone say *****! LOL! Nice job Master RaginStormLocke!

Check out #224!! He shows you have a 12.7ET car on its face value..

http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford--Musta...?resultpage=12

Looks like he is hooking it all up.. You appear to have quite abit of time to make up actually.. Smokin!!

Like you said its all in the 60ft.. He has a 1.67 60 ft.. WOW!! Gotta be on slicks diggin really hard..
Thanks man, checking it out now!!!! BRB.
Old 6/28/06, 10:13 AM

Yea, I am really hoping to get under a 2 sec 60 time to nail down that 12. Looks like its going to be a hot one at Norwalk, but Scrming says hooking there is real easy so we'll see.
Old 6/28/06, 10:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by rygenstormlocke
Thanks man, appreciate the props from a V8 brother. Yea, I'm going nuts for 12's now. LOL.
Yeah thats gotta be one of the cleanest V6 exteriors I've seen in a while. The dual exhaust looks like a GT instead of having duals run under the V6 rear bumper looks great. What center-mounted grille is that you're using?
Old 6/28/06, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Reminisce
Yeah thats gotta be one of the cleanest V6 exteriors I've seen in a while. The dual exhaust looks like a GT instead of having duals run under the V6 rear bumper looks great. What center-mounted grille is that you're using?
Thanks man. A month after I got my six, my parking garage in down town DC where I work smashed the front bumper, so they cut me a check and I call Casco and get the GT bumpers.

The grille is the Street Scene center fog light grille. There are more pics of it on my site. I got it from Mustangs Unlimited.com.
Old 6/28/06, 12:30 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally Posted by Reminisce
Man! Your dealing with really small numbers here.. I mean, your only .08 away dropping into the 12's.. Your .05 from running a 1.9 60 foot, and your .01 away from running a 106MPH trap speed!.. LOL! Jesus Rygen, did you ever imagine when you bought your car that numbers as small as .01, .05, and .08 would mean that much.. LOL!!

Isnt time elusive?

Read this Rygen!
  1. Difficult to define or describe: “Failures are more finely etched in our minds than triumphs, and success is an elusive, if not mythic, goal in our demanding society†(Hugh Drummond).
This means, you have to believe you can run a 12 before you actually can.. Next time your at the tree and are staging, imagine that you have already run a 12.7 ET, and are actually going for a 12.5 ET.. You must convince yourself in your mind and soul that your chasing a number further away.. LOL!

Sounds hoky poky I know.. But if you believe it, it can come true..

Time is Elusive!! This is why once you dump it at the line, dont focus on 12.99, focus on 12.7.. LOL!! It sounds hokus pokus but it just might work if you believe!
Old 6/28/06, 12:40 PM

Thanks man. I know she has 12's in her, just have to keep at it. Little thinks like the tire pressure was never tweaked at the track, shift shedule, didn't data log the track runs to see what the tranny was doing, didn't launch hard enough..and believe me, those tires were sticking, I would have no problem launching harder.

Have to believe it first in my mind huh??? Does using the force count, that was plan C for me.

But I really do appreciate the support, I know in my mind this car can get me 12's.
Old 6/28/06, 12:41 PM
Cam Tease

How has this mental visualization faired for you?
Old 6/28/06, 12:52 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally Posted by AnotherMustangMan
How has this mental visualization faired for you?
LOL! Dont beat me up.. However this goes back to my previous thoughts on running 13's.. I have tried to convince myself all along that my car could do 12's quite easily.. I have always been afraid of running 13's for the exact reason and problem Rygen is having.. My fear has always been that if I get stuck running 13's, it would be hard to overcome it..

Rygen has showed how difficult it is with our fixed set of circumstances it is to actually dip into the 12's at the track.. .01,.05, .08 were my worst fears.. Trapped running 13's...

I have tried to use this philosphy not because I didnt repect the number 13, but because I feard it.. Unfortunatley Rygen is convincing me that 13's are alittle harder to overcome than I previously thought.. This is not good.. LOL!!

You must make it look easy Rygen.. LOL! Rygen this is what I meant before when you thought I was bashing cars that only ran 13's.. I was trying to convince myself that it was not this much of a problem..
Old 7/1/06, 04:13 PM
Cam Tease

12, 13, 14. Whatever. Numbers arent spiritual MSP, they're an indication of what your car is capable of. Cars don't get "stuck" in ET ruts. If the driver improves, or improves his car, the ET improves. What your first trip to the track yields has no impact on what the 101st ET may be. Obviously I can't tell you what to do, but if you're going to post your drag racing advice for all to read, we have the right to enquire as to your own experiences at the track.

With all due respect, if you want to be taken seriously when you provide your analysis of a drag strip performance, go to the drag strip yourself! Just once even. Give us one timeslip and you will earn the respect of myself, and likely many others--whatever the ET may be.
Old 7/1/06, 04:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow. And to think people still think the 6 is a slouch. Very nice times, good luck gettin to those 12s!
Old 7/1/06, 05:06 PM
Cobra Member

MSP, as always you are completely full of Running the 4 minute mile (on foot) requires visualization techniques. Running 12's in the quarter requires the proper setup and a good launch. Rygen will be there very soon, but what does it matter? He's already clipped a super low 13, that's VERY impressive! His setup and his driving is a monumental success already.

==However this goes back to my previous thoughts on running 13's.. I have tried to convince myself all along that my car could do 12's quite easily.. I have always been afraid of running 13's for the exact reason and problem Rygen is having..==

I think what you are really afraid of is you'll be MUCH slower than your mouth. You know that after all your boasting about your setup that you very likely cannot back it up with hard numbers, so you are scared to try. You are a classic bench racer, all talk and no action. You could learn much from Rygen, he doesn't boast about what he will do "some day" he just goes out and does it.
Old 7/1/06, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Enfynet
Wow. And to think people still think the 6 is a slouch. Very nice times, good luck gettin to those 12s!
Thanks man, much appreciated. We will see how she does at FFW Norwalk next week.

Quick Reply: 13.08@105MPH w/8.5lbs on a AT V6