GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Yet another XCal2 problem

Search this Thread

Old 9/27/05, 02:41 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here it is:
I bought an XCal2 from a dealer in the US and it came with a canned tune. After installing the tune, I got the infamous "Failsafe Engine Mode" message and the CEL on. Needless to say, the car's power was cut down to almost nothing. Went back to stock.
Next, Doug from BamaChips (BIG thumbs-up for the service!) was kind enough to e-mail me a custom tune. The problem now is that when I try to upload it into the XCal2 using Extreme Tune from SCT, nothing happens. I mean, I select slot 1, rename the file to max. 15 characters and press "Program Device", but the screen only shows "programming file 1" and it stays like that. I let it run for more than enough, nothing. I even tried loading the same tune from Doug into all 3 slots, the result was the same. Whenever I click on "Cancel" and then "program device" again, I get an error message saying "cannot open communication port"!
I've been searching the TMS and SCT forums for 2 days, and didn't find an answer.
Can anyone please help? Sending the XCal2 back to the dealer should be my last option (I'm in Holland), I'd rather try "fixing" my device first.
Old 9/29/05, 03:22 AM
Cobra R Member

I assume that the dealer is no help at all? Just a shot ( I don't own one yet) have you tried to load it from a different computer? just a thought
Old 9/29/05, 03:35 AM
Cobra Member

Both the Doug the dealer (Sutton HP) and Doug the tuner (BamaChips) have been very helpful so far, it's not that.
I'll post more once I'm finished with this problem.