GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

WMS Ram-Air Tray Installed

Search this Thread

Old 9/20/05, 09:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by 05STG1@September 20, 2005, 3:01 PM

......... Remember, I gained almost 10 peak HP bolting on the air kit, and that was without a tune, and the A/F ratio within stock range....

Don, see quote above. You should be almost convinced by now,unless im lying....or something. The A/F ratio didnt go lean or leaner, BRENSPEED also stated this as well with their testing, maybe you missed that thread.
So dont take my word on it......

blackhat,
I thought you were MIA for a bit. Stripes,battery done. Now I need to figure out if I could place the ZEX nozzle 2 inches in front of the TB or not...lol issues...now Nitrous !!
Dont sweat the sock stuff, all good We did them a favor, and we'll leave it at that.Hopefully I never need a replacement sock.
Old 9/20/05, 10:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by 05STG1@September 20, 2005, 8:47 PM
Don, see quote above. You should be almost convinced by now,unless im lying....or something. The A/F ratio didnt go lean or leaner, BRENSPEED also stated this as well with their testing, maybe you missed that thread.
So dont take my word on it......
haha... I'm not calling anyone a liar, here. I just know dynos are not infallible, and can (sometimes) provide misleading results. For example, I had a stock baseline pull done, and 1/2 hour later I had one done with a C&L CAI and a canned Pred 91 tune (not even the C&L tune). The dyno said I gained 45rwtq. Huh? No way. I was there, it was my car, and I have the printouts... but I still don't buy it. So, bottom line is, I try to keep dyno testing results in perspective, especially when they seemingly contradict common sense.
Old 9/20/05, 11:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Are we talking numbers, or A/F ratio's here..?

Im not saying u were calling me a liar, but I had no other way to phrase that clearly, beasides..BRENSPEED also tested this as well. So if me and BRENSPEED both encountered mis-leading A/F ratios..thats some coincidence for sure.

I understand what your saying about the differences in dynos and numbers and yes they do vary.Personally, I trust my tuners Dyno and wideband, and have no doubts with their numbers or especially their skills. That wideband is checked and re-checked all the time, its accurate all right. This WMS intake didnt lean me out to gain power.

(not towards Don)
Why do some insist that the WMS cant possibly be a good intake? Im no WMS salesman or anything..but it cracks me to see this. Because it's new, it's no good? Who knows, I love mine. All I need is the filter, and then we could see ACT numbers as well.
Old 9/21/05, 12:52 PM
V6 Member

Think I'll jump into this controversual topic.Not with any scientific data or dyno data to support my thoughts about this new CAI from WMSRacing.I did install mine along with the air box all went smooth but still didn't like the fact i had to cut the maf connection and splice in a piece.I am running stock except for the WMS CAI and haven't dyno'd it but as Blackhat has stated there clearly is damm good amount of increase in proformance from this.throttle response is much better and excelleration is much quicker. and the gas milage improvement is very noticable. I am averaging around 3 miles to gal increase since the install.Overall I think this was a good investment will be looking for tuners to eventuall provide additional improvements.
Old 9/21/05, 04:21 PM
Bullitt Member

zoomerman,
Thank u for saying that.
These intake are so new, there's barely any out there right now, at least not that I have seen or read anywhere online.
Soon enough like I stated, word of mouth will get out, good products sells themselves. I and believe this is one of those products.
For me to gain that w/out a tune, Im happy.
zoomerman, u gained around 10 peak HP and a few lbs TQ down low. But...this ram-tray is awesome when running down the road. Seal the top off, and you'll be happier, more fresh air only to the filter, not underhood heat.
Im sure when I get back to JDM those tunes would be available somehow for those interested, I could always ask. Once they run their magic, I think we will all be impressed with this true CAI intake's potential.
Of course...this is my opinion, and I have many of them
Old 9/25/05, 07:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Greek, do you have anymore suggestions for sealing the top edge of the tray. I'm still waiting for mine to ship.
Old 9/25/05, 12:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Nothing better than what I have done already Jeff, but Im hoping when the filter gets back, I can seal it off entirely, only a few open inches, which is real good
.Im sure I'll brainstorm something, and pass it on like always. Yours hasnt shipped out ?
Right now inner fender, and misc pieces are out while I hide the nitrous lines, and hide the solenoids. I had to relocate the WMS reservoir bracket somewhat to hide the install, but nothing that affected the hose lengths.
Old 9/25/05, 05:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Mine hasn't shipped because I added the 90mmMAF after I saw Brenspeed's numbers. They were out of stock when I added it to the order. They said last week of Sept.
Old 9/25/05, 09:46 PM
Bullitt Member

ahhh, thats what I figured. Im also waiting on the 95mm as well. I was told this week they should be going out. Im switching from the 80mm, for the larger size, couldnt hurt
Old 9/29/05, 03:12 PM

Originally posted by 05STG1@September 25, 2005, 10:49 PM
ahhh, thats what I figured. Im also waiting on the 95mm as well. I was told this week they should be going out. Im switching from the 80mm, for the larger size, couldnt hurt

Greek, do you plan to get a tune with the larger filter? or are you still running without a tune? Something I read made me believe you had to have a tune with the larger filter, is that true?

-Ex
Old 9/29/05, 10:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Is it just me, or does that setup just scream be mated to a Saleen S/C?

WMS + JDM + Saleen =

(Or :shock: if you are in a Chevy )
Old 10/8/05, 11:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Well, we will be into the second week of Oct. still not intake and MAF. :scratch: Guess I'll call them Monday and find out whats up.
Old 10/10/05, 04:00 PM
Bullitt Member

-Ex,

Yes, a tune w/ the new 95mm is a must. With the 80mm, its not, and the A/F is fine.

Jeff,
Shannon called me last week and said that were yet to get to CNC, not sure if this is the batch with yours, but It sounds like it. Hope u get yours soon...
Old 10/13/05, 06:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Called yesterday. They said they would have to call me back. No call. I'll try again tomorrow.
Old 10/13/05, 10:05 PM
Bullitt Member

It'll be worth the wait, at least thats what Im telling myself,but Im only waiting on the MAF.I like this cool weather, and so does the NASA tray
Ask for express delivery for the wait Jeff, Its like 2 days from there.
Old 10/14/05, 08:10 AM
Bullitt Member

I emailed Shannon yesterday about the 95mm meter....email back said that it will be a week or so yet.....I'm not sure if your 95mm meter is in that same batch GOFISH....

I also asked about the confussion between the 90 and 95mm meters, as far as what size are they actually. Shannon said they have always been 95mm, even the one that Brent tested. They never had a 90mm size....

Just a FYI for those interested...

hags1
Old 10/14/05, 11:34 AM
Team Mustang Source

Hey, does anyone know if BRENSPEED sells the Ram air tray with the WMS or do you have to buy that seperate? If so, can someone list the place where we can buy the whole WMS setup, (besides WMS for all you wisenheimers)

Darth

:jedi:
Old 10/14/05, 01:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Use the force Darth j/k (im a weisenheimer)

Cant see why they wouldnt sell it with,Im sure they have a package deal. I dont think there is any other vendors at the moement besidesdirect and Brenspeed.
Old 10/29/05, 12:17 PM
Bullitt Member

I think they lost my order. They have yet to call me back. This is great customer service. Any more updates on the performance of this intake?
Old 10/29/05, 09:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have asked Doug at Bama if he'll do a WMS tune for us now that he has his own "dyno mule" but have yet to receive a response.

Quick Reply: WMS Ram-Air Tray Installed