GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Who's tune for a JLT intake? Please chime in

Search this Thread

Old 5/16/06, 05:59 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by traffic142
I don't think you can go wrong with either.
I 2nd that! Right on, traffic142!

Just buy one or the other, and spend an extra $50 on the other dude's tune, that way you have both and can decide for yourself.
Old 5/16/06, 10:17 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is the difference between Doug's Torque and performance tunes?
Old 5/16/06, 11:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ecko51
What is the difference between Doug's Torque and performance tunes?
I cannot say for the sure, but my impression from folks on the board is that the torque tune gives you low end grunt and is great for around town driving and stoplight to stoplight sprints, but falls down a bit at high speed pulls (freeway speeds).

The performance tune is the one you take to the dragstrip. Stang9325 gets within a few hundredths of 12's with a JLTII, exhaust, pullies, and Doug's performance tune...
Old 5/16/06, 01:19 PM

Hi there

So Doug at Bamachips can offers both a Torque and Performance tune then?

But Brenspeed is considered to be absolute best for maximum power and best throttle response?

I have sent emails to both Brenspeed and Bama from the email addresses on their websites, are those the correct email addresses?

Thanks

Gibbo
Old 5/16/06, 02:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Gibbo205
But Brenspeed is considered to be absolute best for maximum power and best throttle response?
Actually Evolution Performance makes more power than both with their tune. I can't seem to find the topic on another forum, but I swear there was a thread where a guy compared a Evo tune vs. either Brenspeed or BamaChips (I can't remember which), and the Evo made considerably more power (something like 5-10 HP more). I'll keep digging to see if I can find it.

http://www.mustangforums.com/m_1286899/tm.htm
Old 5/16/06, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bingo
Actually Evolution Performance makes more power than both with their tune. I can't seem to find the topic on another forum, but I swear there was a thread where a guy compared a Evo tune vs. either Brenspeed or BamaChips (I can't remember which), and the Evo made considerably more power (something like 5-10 HP more). I'll keep digging to see if I can find it.

http://www.mustangforums.com/m_1286899/tm.htm
Cheers just read all that and it seems to be an ongoing debate.

I shall be contacting all Bama, Brenspeed and Evolution to see what they can all offer me.
Old 5/16/06, 07:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I started with the DTP tune with my JLT, then Doug (Bamachips) sent me his performance tune to try for free--if I didn't like it, I didn't pay. Needless to say I paid!

I may try a Brenspeed tune if his prices are reasonable, just to see how it is. Evo charges $150 for the tune only, though. No way will I drop $150 just to try a tune, especially when there are plenty of other good tunes out there. Dude is on crack.
Old 5/16/06, 08:11 PM
Cobra R Member

I believe the facts are that any of the big three tuners are equal and you will be very happy if you stick with them rather than the late comers. Their tunes have been proved out this past year. They will all work with you on any issues with your tune. I am very pleased with my tune by Lidio. To say one is better than the other is speculation rather than proven. The $$ cost is the same.
Old 5/17/06, 05:43 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by tom281
The tune from Doug had great power and good throttle response compared to my previous tune. I was very happy with it, it's still a great tune. The tune from Brenspeed has throttle response that is unbelievable, you would swear that its not a drive by wire system. Also, Brent's tune eliminated the fast idle speed at startup for me, which is nice in my opinion.

Again, like I said both tuners IMO are great; I recommend either one however right now, I would prefer the Brenspeed tune from my experience.
Tom,
What octane tune are you using?
What other mods do you have?
Is you car a many or auto?

Thanks,Mike
Old 5/17/06, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Import-Slaya
I started with the DTP tune with my JLT, then Doug (Bamachips) sent me his performance tune to try for free--if I didn't like it, I didn't pay. Needless to say I paid!

I may try a Brenspeed tune if his prices are reasonable, just to see how it is. Evo charges $150 for the tune only, though. No way will I drop $150 just to try a tune, especially when there are plenty of other good tunes out there. Dude is on crack.
Upto now the only person to reply to my email is Brenspeed which was short and sweet plus the cost of the tune he says is $110

I am hoping that Doug from Bama replies soon as I really want to try his performance tune for my car as he only charges $50 so preferre to give that a try first and if it gives a nice improvement shall stick with that.
Old 5/17/06, 01:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Gibbo205
Upto now the only person to reply to my email is Brenspeed which was short and sweet plus the cost of the tune he says is $110

I am hoping that Doug from Bama replies soon as I really want to try his performance tune for my car as he only charges $50 so preferre to give that a try first and if it gives a nice improvement shall stick with that.
Just ordered the JLTII+SCTII from Bamachips, his email reply was one of the most detailed replies I've ever gotten from a retailer. He's email seems to go up and down though.. So don't get discouraged if he doesn't reply right away..

I'm a bit confused, the performance tune comes with the package I just ordered?? Why are people saying it costs $50? Is that what he charges if you don't order the package through him?

Can't wait..
Old 5/17/06, 03:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Tom,
What octane tune are you using?
What other mods do you have?
Is you car a many or auto?

Thanks,Mike
I use 93 octane; my tune is for 91. My mods are in my signature.

Thanks.
Old 5/31/06, 09:29 PM
V6 Member

I just gaot an e-mail from Doug @ Bama and my JLT w/ tuner ships tomorow.

I can't wait
Old 6/1/06, 12:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

I love my brenspeed set up, and Brents customer service is excellent.

Doug and Brent are both great tuners.

BTW, Tom281 your stripes looks great.
Old 6/1/06, 02:55 AM
GT Member

Hi there

Forgot about this thread but needless to say much has happen since I last posted here.

I found Doug to give the best customer service from Bamachips as he replied to all my emails and quickly. So I have since tried his Torque, Race and Performance tunes. All were an improvement over the supplied SCT/Demolet Octane 93 tune but for me the Race tune from Doug is easily the best its better than both his Torque and Performance tunes as it just pulls so strong throughout the entire rev range with no flat spots at all.
Old 6/1/06, 07:08 AM
V6 Member

Gibbo_UK
Thanks, For the info. Do you run the race tune as your daily driver?
Do you know the air to fuel mix? It's not to lean?

Thanks,Mike
Old 6/1/06, 04:39 PM
GT Member

Gibbo_UK
Thanks, For the info. Do you run the race tune as your daily driver?
Do you know the air to fuel mix? It's not to lean?

Thanks,Mike
Hi m8

I asked Doug and he says its fine for daily use and is safe to run. The Race tune does not make any more BHP than the performance tune he offers its just a much more aggressive tune and so I don't think it runs any leaner but I've emailed Doug to see if he is willing to confirm. My advice is to just give it a go as its transformed my car as so much quicker and no flatspots.
Old 4/30/07, 07:40 PM
Cobra Member

Does Doug do tunes in the future for free as you add mods?
Old 4/30/07, 09:10 PM
Former Vendor

http://www.apdperformance.com/produc...-packages.html