GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Whipple Supercharger Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 9/21/07, 10:23 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Whipple Supercharger Upgrade

Has anybody who bought a FRPP whipple unit that in not I/C bought from whipple the upgrade kit that adds the I/C? If so where any of you owners of automatic cars? I was told from a whipple tech that I could upgrade my auto to that unit and choose to run the stock 6psi pulley or upgrade to the 10psi pulley even though I have an auto. He said several people have done so without any problems so I am looking to the members here if they have been one of those cars. I have been thinking about this upgrade but leaving the stock pulley in place I am more after the I/C.
Old 9/22/07, 02:59 PM
GT Member

As I understand it now you have to send your ECM to whipple to have it programmed but they are selling a 7psi HO kit which will have the frpp P/N and cal tool sometime in the next few months. I suppose upgrading would work as well but I would think you still need to send in the computer but dont know for sure. I am interested though if I could install the much cheaper non ic and then upgrade later might be easier to budget it in.
Old 9/23/07, 02:02 PM
GT Member

Yes you have to send off the ecu for whipple to progam according to the guy I have been talking to at whipple. That's cool I didn't know they were possibly looking into a 7psi kit which would be nice. I really want is just add intercooling to my unit to make it more better. I have sent an email off to a guy I have talked to on other issues with mustangs who works at Ford Racing. I am interseted to hear what he has to say about the upgrade kit.
Old 9/23/07, 07:48 PM
GT Member

It would probably be cheaper to just intall the HO intercooled kit from the start. You can check places like lethal performance, they sell whipple's with a VMP tune I remember reading on another forum.