GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Whipple supercharger through FRPP.

Search this Thread

Old 1/17/06, 03:15 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When Ford FRPP finally offers the Supercharger for the 05/06 Mustang, do you think a boost guage similar to the boost guage of the 07 Shelby GT500? I can't stand tacked on guages. Also, I was wondering about the warranty. I had read previously here on MustangSource that when FORD offers the Whipple, it won't void factory warrenty. However, today I picked up the Ford Racing parts catalog and noticed the superchargers for the 03 and 04 Mustangs inside. It clearly says in the description that installing the supercharger will void the factory warranty. Anyone have thoughts or insights on this?
Thanks.
Old 1/17/06, 03:29 PM
Bullitt Member

It was my understanding that the Saleen and Roush superchargers are not to void power train warrantees. So if FRPP is offering a Whipple charger I don’t see why it would void the warrantee. I would contact someone like Steeda as they are involved in the Technology Transfer Program with Ford through SEMA. Gus or one of the other guys might know about the possible warrantee issues that could pop up.
Old 1/17/06, 03:34 PM
FR500 Member

The best advise I have is completely ignore the fact that Ford Racing has the word Ford in it.

Really, they're just another parts dealer.

Now there may be a willing dealership out there that will warranty Ford Racing parts that they install, but by and large this will not be the case.
Old 1/17/06, 03:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

OK...here goes...for the umpteenth time (my grandma used to use that word and I never thought I would ....

ANY modification (supercharger) to the car away from stock is grounds for voiding the warranty. However, the Magnusson-Moss (?) act states that in order to void a warranty on any given part the dealership (or manufacturer) must show that the modification CAUSED the failure (ie a supercharger would not void the warranty on your radio but will on your drivetrain).
That said, there are "performance oriented" dealers that are willing to warrant the car with aftermarket mods, normally if the part was purchased and installed at that dealership. There are dealers that are willing to look the other way for minor mods. There are also dealerships that would tell you that if you change to a full synthetic oil, you void the warranty. There is an entire gamut of opinions/dealership policies about this. Superchargers push the edge of that envelope.
I believe Roush will actually warrant your drivetrain on a roushcharger installed at an approved Ford dealer. Saleen and Whipple don't offer that warranty. But there are dealerships that might install one for you and warrant the car. Like I said, the dealer is the one who decides. Finding a good, honest performance oriented dealer is valuable piece of information.

I intend on having a Whipple installed, but I'm still not sure if my local dealer is "performance oriented" enough to warrant the work.
Old 1/17/06, 04:03 PM
Cobra Member

What about the boost guage? Anyone, anyone...
Old 1/17/06, 08:14 PM
GT Member

You could check out the Speed of Sound gauge pillar pod. It looks very well done and stock to me.

http://www.speedofsoundllc.com/
Old 1/17/06, 08:35 PM
GT Member

here's the warranty card that came with my roushcharger. Figure it out

Old 1/17/06, 08:53 PM
FR500 Member

Yeah, number 3 C,D is something else
There's another great line in there too VALID ONLY THE U.S.
Old 1/18/06, 08:33 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
From what was stated about the FRPP FR4 SuperPack...
It will NOT void your warranty

This was stated at SEMA

This is the point of the Performance/Handling/Drag Pack.
Get the parts put on at a Ford Dealership, and they are covered....

If they go back on this, its no different than me going out and getting a Saleen, Roush supercharger....
Old 1/19/06, 05:06 PM
Cobra R Member

Thanks for the update Boomer. I thought I had read that the FRPP packs would not void the warranty, but I was not positive.