GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Wheel hop

Search this Thread

Old 3/8/06, 06:01 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(don_w @ March 8, 2006, 11:26 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Anyone know if we still have a BMR Discount Code here for TMS members?
[/b][/quote]

+1
Old 3/8/06, 09:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I sent them an e-mail and PM... stayed tuned.
Old 3/9/06, 03:14 AM
Cobra R Member

mee too, I would like to know.
Old 3/9/06, 01:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got this response: Hey Don, the code is not valid anymore. It expired a few weeks ago.
Old 3/9/06, 01:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(don_w @ March 8, 2006, 12:41 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'd like to know this as well...
[/b][/quote]

If you have an NMRA or FFW event coming to your area, or will be attending one that's not near you, call BMR and see if they'll be there with their wares. That's the best place to buy their stuff - no shipping and one he|| of a discount. I got my LCA's last year at FFW Spring Break Shootout for $89 [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 3/9/06, 01:57 PM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MTAS @ March 9, 2006, 2:37 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
If you have an NMRA or FFW event coming to your area, or will be attending one that's not near you, call BMR and see if they'll be there with their wares. That's the best place to buy their stuff - no shipping and one he|| of a discount. I got my LCA's last year at FFW Spring Break Shootout for $89 [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Hmmm I can't see them commin' to Iowa for ANYTHING !!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
Old 3/9/06, 08:36 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(traffic142 @ March 7, 2006, 5:45 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I read where if you lower your car you need to now add the lowering brackets for the LCA's. And this lowering changes you pinion angle (BTW what is the preferred pinion angle)..so you need to buy a upper control arm that is adjustable to re set it.
[/b][/quote]

traffic142

That is a loaded question, for every action comes a reaction, lower your car, then do this or that.

The lowering brackets for the LCA is mainly to correct the rear suspension linkage instant center. Lowering the car lowers this (not necessarily good). The kit allows you to raise it again. A slightly higher instant center reduces rear squat and improves weight transfer. By accident it might improve pinion angle, but not likely. An adjustable LCA, UCA or both allows you to correct the drive shaft angle. The correct angle is the one that gives you the most rear wheel torque. The best scientific way to do this is via a chassis dyno. Its expensive, but makes it a lot quicker to dial it in. When the chassis loads up on the dyno, pinion angle and everything else changes due to movement and deflections ... something you can't predict or correct in a static situation

You can do it and test on the road and see if accellerations improves or worsens. Very tedious and subject to error.

The suspension instant center is also influenced by the UCA mounting bracket and there are ones that let you change the uppr anchor point on the rear axle.

Also along with lowering the car comes a whole raft of consequences in the front too ... thats a different subject, and for most, ignorance is bliss.
Old 3/9/06, 10:15 PM
V6 Member

Radboss,

Don't leave us hanging. Please continue the tutorial. Expound on what happens to the front end upon lowering. Suspension ignorance has been costing me money. Share the wealth.