GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

What is the difference?

Search this Thread

Old 10/16/06, 04:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is the difference?

Can anybody claer up what exactly the difference between the Borla stinger mufflers and the FRPP stingers is? Everybody keeps saying they are the same just with different tips. But I also saw a post last week that said the FRPP's were not built by Borla. I ask because I hear that the Borla stinger mufflers sound great and I want to buy them but they seem to be more expensive than the FRPP's. If they really are the same then obviously I would get the cheaper FRPP's. Does anyone know if they sound the same? Any help would be great. I know it's been discussed before but I can't seem to get a clear picture. Thanks.

Also - does anyone know how to change screen names? Sounds kinda dum being called TorchRedV6 when I now have a black GT!!!
Old 10/16/06, 04:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by TorchRedV6
Can anybody claer up what exactly the difference between the Borla stinger mufflers and the FRPP stingers is? Everybody keeps saying they are the same just with different tips. But I also saw a post last week that said the FRPP's were not built by Borla. I ask because I hear that the Borla stinger mufflers sound great and I want to buy them but they seem to be more expensive than the FRPP's. If they really are the same then obviously I would get the cheaper FRPP's. Does anyone know if they sound the same? Any help would be great. I know it's been discussed before but I can't seem to get a clear picture. Thanks.

It's easy. Borla makes FRPP. Tips are slash cut instead of rolled. Sounds the same. Anyone telling you anything else is wrong. Period!!
Old 10/16/06, 04:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Racing has the stingers (Borlas) and the other ones that they have on the Hertz Shelby. I have the stingers and was under the impression that they are made by Borla just rebranded with the Ford Racing logo. Whoever makes the Hertz mufflers is different.