GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

What can I expect from the following handling mods?

Search this Thread

Old 3/7/07, 07:38 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What can I expect from the following handling mods?

Hello everyone. What can I expect from the following handling mods? I have decided against lowering for the time being. The proposed mods are:
BMR Tubular LCA's
BMR Tubular Panhard Bar and Support Brace
BMR Front & Rear Sway Bars
CHE K-Member Brace (might add the torque limiters later)
The only handling mod I've done so far is installing a BMR Strut Tower Brace. My "wish list" is ever changing, but I've got to narrow it down soon so I can make a purchase and have the stuff installed next month.

Cheers,
Jon
Old 3/7/07, 07:40 AM
G.T
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Better handling!
Old 3/7/07, 04:03 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Jon_Purdy
Hello everyone. What can I expect from the following handling mods? I have decided against lowering for the time being. The proposed mods are:
BMR Tubular LCA's
BMR Tubular Panhard Bar and Support Brace
BMR Front & Rear Sway Bars
CHE K-Member Brace (might add the torque limiters later)
The only handling mod I've done so far is installing a BMR Strut Tower Brace. My "wish list" is ever changing, but I've got to narrow it down soon so I can make a purchase and have the stuff installed next month.

Cheers,
Jon

It really all depends on how you drive the car. Your car will feel stiffer which may translate to increased NVH. But from personal experience, if you don't push your car too hard, then you won't get the full benefit from big suspension mods. When I'm at the track, my suspension mods help me launch way better than stock, but when I drive "normally" on the street, all I seem to notice is the NVH. Don't get me wrong, it is surely an improvement, but buy your mods based on your personal driving habits.

P.S. you may want to reconsider lowering. I don't focus on handling very much on my car, but lowering it has done wonders taking curves.
Old 3/7/07, 07:26 PM
Cobra Member

For what you are planning, you will get more cluck for your buck with a set of Tokio Spec D's and uprated sway bars front and rear. Forget the rest of the stuff unless you increase power and lower the car ... and if you do decide to lower, do it right and don't poor boy it. The results will be better.
Old 3/8/07, 09:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

I agree with radboss.

- Sway bars
- lowering springs
- adjustable dampers

The most notable difference in handleing for me was the sway bars, hands down the best mod on my car so far.
Old 3/8/07, 06:33 PM
Cobra Member

I only endorse the lowering is the front roll center is subsequebtly corrected. Most don't notice, but it really makes a huge difference on the final result.
Old 3/8/07, 09:57 PM
Former Vendor

Jon,

Your best bet might be one of the BMR handling packages? If you want give me a call and we'll go over them. I know you had already contact me about this stuff, but you might save money, and get a much better feel out of one of their kits. The one I reccomend is about $1449.00 and comes with DSpecs, springs, panhard bar, control arm relocation, etc.

CR
Tillman Speed