GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Vibration after new suspension install

Search this Thread

Old 2/25/11, 03:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Went this morning to pickup my car. They first tried replacing the ring and pinion, this solved the howl/whine but the vibration persisted. They called into the Ford tech line and after checking measurements determined my axle housing was warped. I now have a brand spankin’ new axle housing and 4.10 gears along with all associated bearings, races, etc. I got the car on the highway and it was smooth as silk, although with rush hour I was only able to reach 65MPH.

Now the bad news… after a few miles on the highway I pulled over to stop at the store. Coming out I noticed that my bumper was all scratched up on the lower driver side, there was a huge dent in the plastic and my chin spoiler was all scratched up cracked. I took it back right away and after closer inspection saw they also gave me MY FIRST DOOR DING IN 4 YEARS. In addition the slouch who did the oil change got oil all over my engine bay, the radiator cover and even on the side of my fender! You can eat off my engine, it’s spotless and does not take a genius to see it’s a show car or at least very well taken care of. Did this dipstick think I wouldn’t notice or complain about the sloppy job? Have people no pride in tier work? WTF?!? Now the cars going to be there another week and I still don't know if its even really fixed.

I am furious! I had the service advisor, service manager, and body shop manager out on the drive with me. They agreed to repaint the bumper, replace the chin spoiler, and have the vinyl stripes replaced. They think the door ding/scuff can be buffed out and handled with PDR. The service advisor and managers have been great to work with and very accommodating, but I hope they fire someone’s @ss over this!

Tim
Old 3/1/11, 08:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jesus that is insane. I can't believe they did that to you. I would be in prison had that happened to me. Hope they fix it all up. Glad you might have got your problem solved.
Old 3/4/11, 07:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Bennyandthejets
Jesus that is insane. I can't believe they did that to you. I would be in prison had that happened to me. Hope they fix it all up. Glad you might have got your problem solved.
OMG look what they did now!

Tim
Attached Thumbnails Vibration after new suspension install-dsc09248.jpg   Vibration after new suspension install-dsc09249.jpg   Vibration after new suspension install-dsc09245.jpg   Vibration after new suspension install-dsc09246.jpg  
Old 10/23/11, 10:07 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Come on man. You can't leave us with that cliff-hanger ending! What happened?

Seriously sorry to hear about the trouble That you have been having with your car.

I came across the thread searching for info on high speed vibrations. I lowered mine with an eibach pro kit, and I now have a vibration when I get up around 70 mph. I've put on new rear tires and had all 4 balanced, & I've had it aligned since lowering it. None of this has made a difference.

Last edited by 300angryhorses; 10/23/11 at 10:09 AM.
Old 10/23/11, 10:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 300angryhorses
Come on man. You can't leave us with that cliff-hanger ending! What happened?

Seriously sorry to hear about the trouble That you have been having with your car.

I came across the thread searching for info on high speed vibrations. I lowered mine with an eibach pro kit, and I now have a vibration when I get up around 70 mph. I've put on new rear tires and had all 4 balanced, & I've had it aligned since lowering it. None of this has made a difference.
To make a LONG story short, I still have a slight driveline vibration and harmonic resonance that kicks in at 80+ MPH. At this stage I have decided to just live with it, I don't go 80+ MPH all that often anyway.

As I look back on the whole thing I wonder how quiet it was in the first place anyway. So often you don't notice little details or problems before you make a change, then when you look you find them.

The dealership and I worked out a deal where they painted my stripes (that's why she's all torn apart in the pics), in the end they made everything right and my car is sitting happily in the garage.

Tim
Attached Thumbnails Vibration after new suspension install-img_0083.jpg