GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Upcoming upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 12/19/11, 05:54 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Upcoming upgrades

Getting ready to finally do some proper upgrading on my baby. Hoping to do CAI/Tune with O/R X pipe and cat back exhaust. Looking for input on what are the best to buy. Currently I am considering Steeda CAI, with Pypes O/R X and PypeBomb Super system exhaust. Other considerations are JLT or C&L intake with Mangaflow MagnaPack cat back. Depending on price, I may go for the Pypes Beast Super system with long throws X and catback. Not necessarily looking for the LOUDEST, but a real deep "Proper" muscle car sound, with power. Any suggestions are welcomed.
Old 12/19/11, 07:26 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
on the Steeda CAI/Tune. Our CAI will give you some of the best gains on the market. We manufacture many of our parts with Ford engineers so you are getting the best of the best.

Testing has shown increases of up to 38 HP and 30 ft lbs of Torque to the rear wheels with Steeda's Cold Air Kit combined with our Custom SCT Tune.

Also we will provide you with a lifetime warranty.

Give us a call or use our new chat feature and speak to one of our techs and we will get you hooked up with that desired Growl!

Thanks

TJ
Old 12/19/11, 07:40 PM
V6 Member

I was considering getting the can and tuner from AM since they give free tunes for life. I have noticed that they currently don't have the combo kit in stock though. I did browse the steeda sight for exhaust, and can, but without being able to hear a clip of the exhaust its hard to get an idea if the sound, though steeda products are a known product as there are several Steeda equipped stang in the area. Is there a way to hear a clip of the steeda exhaust?
Old 12/19/11, 09:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My personal opinion:

JLT cai
BBK true o/r x (H pipe supposedly sounds better on 3v 4.6l.... Makes em sound more like 2v )
Pypes mid muffler cat back
SCT tunner with custom 93 octane race tune
Old 12/19/11, 10:47 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by tj@steeda
on the Steeda CAI/Tune. Our CAI will give you some of the best gains on the market. We manufacture many of our parts with Ford engineers so you are getting the best of the best.

Testing has shown increases of up to 38 HP and 30 ft lbs of Torque to the rear wheels with Steeda's Cold Air Kit combined with our Custom SCT Tune.

Also we will provide you with a lifetime warranty.

Give us a call or use our new chat feature and speak to one of our techs and we will get you hooked up with that desired Growl!

Thanks

TJ
I just got the Steeda CAI with there SCT 89/93 Tune, I installed the 93 tune 2 weekends ago, last Sunday I changed to the 89 tune and then back to the 93, all I can say is there is a big difference. I am very happy with the package from Steeda.