GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

"The Ultimate Mustang Driveshaft" with Free UPS-100% Satisfaction Guaranteed

Search this Thread

Old 2/16/08, 05:15 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mark221
I am going to order a 3.5 soon, what is the lead time. I missed the group buy so I dont know if the shipping is free always, or just for the group. thanks, let me know
Always free shipping to the continental US. Shafts usually go out same day as ordered.
Old 2/20/08, 10:51 AM
Team Mustang Source

I have stock suspension and I may upgrading to suspension a year from now, what would I need, the replacement flange or the adapter? i also have aftermarket shifter.
Old 2/20/08, 10:56 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by MaverickMLFD371
I have stock suspension and I may upgrading to suspension a year from now, what would I need, the replacement flange or the adapter? i also have aftermarket shifter.
Either one will work. Getting suspension work done shouldn't factor into your decision of flange or adapter. The only difference is that in "theory" the flange is the more solid/stock approach. With that said I went with the adapter and haven't had any problems.

Edit:Meant to say I went with the adapter not the flange.
Old 2/20/08, 11:02 AM
Banned

It is not a matter of which one you need. It is a matter of which installation style you prefer. In our opinion it is far easier to install the adapter plate style because it bolts to your existing pinion flange. Also, in our opinion the replacement pinion flange style is best when you have a reason to have the rear end apart. Such as a ratio change. This is because installation of the pinion flange requires setting the pinion bearing preload which can only be done properly with internal differential case out of the vehicle.
Thanks, David
Old 2/20/08, 01:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

is it also a matter if your blown or not? (whipple)
Old 2/20/08, 02:45 PM
Banned

It matters not if you are blown or not. Our shafts are on plenty of vehicles that are blown.
Thanks, David
Old 2/25/08, 09:11 AM
Banned

3.5" w/adapter on Sale until the end of February

Hello Forum Members:

We currently have 5 shafts available that are left over from the recent group buy we offered. These are 3.5" diameter. We are willing to give the first 5 members who take advantage of this offer the same price we gave on the group buy. $595 w/adapter plate or $555 w/pinion flange, with Free UPS Ground shipping to the continental US.

If you sat on the fence during the "group buy" now is the time to "fall-off" on the side of a new driveshaft.

Call us at 1-866-912-2004 to order.
Old 3/3/08, 02:03 PM
Banned

have now sold 120 '05 and up Mustang shafts

We have now sold 120 "05 & up mustang shafts with 100 % customer sastisfaction.
Old 3/5/08, 04:34 PM
Bullitt Member

I recently called Shaftmaster up to take advantage of the sale that just ended. I spoke to Dave on the phone, he is very nice and easy to talk to (Ill let you slide on the mistake on the lake comment lol). I ordered the shaft late on a Friday, he said it would go out Monday and it showed up at my shop on Tues. I am very pleased on the way it looks, It looks like a quality piece. I havn't installed it yet but I don't forsee any issues. If you are looking for a DS for your Mustang...you can't go wrong with these guys...just mt $.02
Mark
Old 3/6/08, 05:52 AM
Banned

Mark,
Thanks for the purchase and positive post. I was only kidding with the crack about Cleveland. We got no room to poke fun at anyone here in Detroit. Our mayor is making us a laughing stock yet again.
Thanks, David
Old 3/6/08, 08:38 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ordered mine today! I really appreciate you coming to install it too, customer service can't get any better than that ....
Old 3/21/08, 07:00 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
blkstang06 - get that shaft installed! It is a quick transfer and the transformation of your car will be amazing. I've had mine on since this fall and have put almost 15,000 miles on it already and couldn't be more pleased with it. Great product, great manufacturer, and great people, had a chance to meet Dave personally just yesterday in Detroit.
Old 4/7/08, 06:16 AM
Banned

Smile

In response to recent posts elsewhere on this forum we would like to say:
"It sure feels good being vindicated"

It has been our position all along that a properly manufactured and balanced single piece aluminum driveshaft will not vibrate. It has also been our contention that there is no need to adjust pinion angles by installing adjustable control arms. Furthermore, it has been our contention that aluminum shafts using adapter plates will not vibrate when installed properly, no matter what transmission you have.

After seeing that a 1 1/2" suspension drop will only change pinion angle by less than 1 degree we feel confident that pinion angle has not been the cause of vibration issues with some aluminum shafts on the market.

After selling over 140 shafts and not having vibration issues with adapter plates we feel confident that "aluminum shafts using adapter plates vibrate with automatic transmissions" is another myth.

After woking closely with blackstang06 and JimC we feel confident that there is absolutely no need to waste time, money and effort installing adjustable control arms. If customers feel compelled to do so, because they want better quality than OEM, we suggest they set them at factory length when installing.
Old 4/7/08, 11:41 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by shaftmasters
In response to recent posts elsewhere on this forum we would like to say:
"It sure feels good being vindicated"

It has been our position all along that a properly manufactured and balanced single piece aluminum driveshaft will not vibrate. It has also been our contention that there is no need to adjust pinion angles by installing adjustable control arms. Furthermore, it has been our contention that aluminum shafts using adapter plates will not vibrate when installed properly, no matter what transmission you have.

After seeing that a 1 1/2" suspension drop will only change pinion angle by less than 1 degree we feel confident that pinion angle has not been the cause of vibration issues with some aluminum shafts on the market.

After selling over 140 shafts and not having vibration issues with adapter plates we feel confident that "aluminum shafts using adapter plates vibrate with automatic transmissions" is another myth.

After woking closely with blackstang06 and JimC we feel confident that there is absolutely no need to waste time, money and effort installing adjustable control arms. If customers feel compelled to do so, because they want better quality than OEM, we suggest they set them at factory length when installing.
Three day's after installation of the Shaftmaster 4'' Aluminum drive Shaft with adapter plate, I finally had the chance to really run it ! Heres what I have found. almost no accelerator lag now, revs quicker, reduction in drive line noise and as of this evening a speed test of 115 MPH with absolutely no vibration. There has been some negative press about CNC manufactured adapter plates. the adapter plate Shaftmaster provided me is a precision piece and as well manufactured as any CNC component I have worked with . The CNC technologies that are in use today produce thousands of components that are used in numerous high speed applications ....

Last edited by blkstang06; 4/8/08 at 12:55 AM.
Old 5/28/08, 01:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Does anyone with a shaftmasters driveshaft have their stock one laying around? I'm looking for a stock one with the carrier bearing.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...57#post5574957
Old 5/28/08, 07:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Embalmer
Does anyone with a shaftmasters driveshaft have their stock one laying around? I'm looking for a stock one with the carrier bearing.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...57#post5574957

Pm sent!!