GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Tunes

Search this Thread

Old 10/11/05 | 08:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Pick one or the other. If you want to use and modify both companies tunes then get both tuners.
Old 10/11/05 | 09:15 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by True_HP@October 11, 2005, 7:54 PM
c:
So I can't use my apple to modify my word documents....
darn.....
It was actually a bad analogy...but hey.
Old 10/11/05 | 09:40 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by killo-11@October 11, 2005, 6:30 PM
I understand the formats are different at the programmer level. But they must be the same at when installed in my cars computer. Whats so hard to understand about that? So regardless of what programmer you use the modified file must be the same language as the original Ford or nothing would work. I cant make it any more basic than that.

I am not wanting to install a SCT file with a Predator. Only to modify the file that is installed in my cars computer now. Just like you can with either programer now. The base format (Ford format) must be understood by either programer as read from my cars computer regardless if it is modified or stock.
You are 100% correct. Which is why I'm befuddled to why you are not understanding this principle.

If you take your car to an SCT Tuner, he CAN'T do ANYTHING to your car with your Predator Tune. NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH. Why? Because of what you just said you understood above!

The tuner has no special Mojo going on, his interface to the program is the same as yours, the hand held programmer.

So, if what you really want to do is to avoid paying for another tuner, then please just contact one of the shops in the Houston area from the link another user here listed for you from Diablo's website. And e-mail probably won't suffice, you'll need to call them.

OR

Sell your Predator, and buy an SCT Tuner and have an SCT Shop do a custom tune for you.

Those are your only options.
Old 10/12/05 | 04:32 AM
GT Member

I give up. You have explained nothing and cant grasp the fact that you start with the same format and end with the same format and everything in between is proprietary. So no matter what you use to modify it will read the what is in the computer now and extract it make changes and reinstall it.

The only shop I found with a DYNO is a diesel shop.
Old 10/12/05 | 09:13 AM
FR500 Member

Mike, quit arguing and go do what you think is possible, then let us all know how it went.

Everybody else gets it, you don't.
Old 10/12/05 | 03:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by killo-11@October 12, 2005, 6:35 AM
I give up. You have explained nothing and cant grasp the fact that you start with the same format and end with the same format and everything in between is proprietary. So no matter what you use to modify it will read the what is in the computer now and extract it make changes and reinstall it.

The only shop I found with a DYNO is a diesel shop.
Ok, I'm going to give this another shot.

You know that the SCT and Predator both have their proprietary file formats right? And you know that the SCT can not read a Predator tune and a Predator cannot read an SCT tune right? Ok, now that we have those statements out of the way.

The reason you cannot use a Predator to modify a tune that was installed by an SCT is because when you edit a tune, you are editing the file that in stored in the tuner itself, you are not directly modifying the tune that is stored in the car. After the modification is made, the car must be reflashed for the changes to take place. Therefore if you have an SCT tune, and you plug your Predator in (if it even works in this situation, which I don't think it will) to edit a tune, you will be editing a file that is on the Predator itself. You WILL NOT suck that SCT tune into your Predator for editing. Nor can you transfer that SCT tune to your Predator using your PC due to the proprietary file formats.

The same statements apply if you have a Predator tune in your car and plug in an SCT tuner.

Now if you want to make money (and most likely be sued) you could develop one or both of the following:
1) A tuner that can read both SCT and Predator tunes.
2) An application that converts SCT tunes to Predator tunes and Predator tunes to SCT tunes.

Do I win with that explanation?
Old 10/12/05 | 03:03 PM
FR500 Member

Your tenacity is commendable
Old 10/12/05 | 03:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by SixtySix@October 12, 2005, 5:06 PM
Your tenacity is commendable
I want to be the winner!
Old 10/12/05 | 08:53 PM

Originally posted by Burke0011@October 11, 2005, 5:54 AM
I am going to be selling my Predator as a matter of fact pretty soon here - not because I don't like it but because I am going with Doug from Bamachips SCT tune for my auto.
Good Choice!!! I did the same thing...